Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shen and Zhao Announce Retirement

Rinkside
    Awww, I'm not surprised! Wish them all the best in whatever they choose to do in the future

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    Not many skaters who come back to win an OGM succeed. In fact, I can't think of any on top of my head right now.
    Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov defended their Olympic title (88) in Norway in 94. After they had a baby! But no other in modern history. Dick Button did it in the 40s and Sonja Heine don't know when (50's?) and we have a Canadian figure skater Barbara Ann Scott who did it even earlier.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enchantment19 View Post
    See link:
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...nt_9472728.htm

This is all together not surprising. I wish them all the happiness and love in their life moving forward.
    Thank you Shen and Zhao. I remember seeing you when you first came on stage back in 92. To see where you have come. Only by sheer hard work and determination and inspiration. I have enjoyed watching you over the years so much! Hope you will still perform for a long time even if you don't compete. I hope you make lots of money and have a wonderful family life. You deserve it all. It's been a joy to watch you.

Rinkside
    They deserve the rest! Was anyone else AMAZED at how fit and muscular they both were this season? That's gotta take alot of work! They can retire satisfied and fulfilled.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesoflori View Post
    They deserve the rest! Was anyone else AMAZED at how fit and muscular they both were this season? That's gotta take alot of work! They can retire satisfied and fulfilled.
    I noticed it with Hongbo. He looked terrific.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov defended their Olympic title (88) in Norway in 94. After they had a baby! But no other in modern history. Dick Button did it in the 40s and Sonja Heine don't know when (50's?) and we have a Canadian figure skater Barbara Ann Scott who did it even earlier.
    Barbara Ann Scott only won one O's (and only competed at one IIRC) in 1948. Though she got to compete at Euros weirdly in 47 and won, becoming the first North American to win at Euros and the world championships

What about Artur Dmitriev? Gold in 92, Silver in 94, Gold in 98 (with a different partner).

On the Ice
    Best wishes to them , to their all fans, you moved me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3