Tanith speaks about weight | Golden Skate

Tanith speaks about weight

Jata

Spectator
I thought the article was sort of dishonest, sort of disingenuous sounding. I doubt that recovering from an eating disorder is that easy, plus to call it "disordered eating," and to differentiate it from a full-out eating disorder? She says she was 5'6" and 105 lbs! So weak she couldn't lift her own body weight! Sounds like anorexia to me. A cheap attempt at publicity, and irresponsible at that.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Many of us on this board have remarked on how skinny she was in 2006, you could see her ribs when she wore the red cut out dress for the OD. But she always seemed fine and if anything had more speed and energy back then.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's a wimpy article... and it isn't surprising that she's mentioned it. not the first ice dancer her age to make that sort of announcement...

not sure if she was "far gone" into the disorder, or just starting down that long and wrong road... but I don't think bashing any of the skaters that are coming out solves teh problem, and I don't think it's a cry for publicity so much as it is a mark that some people are lousy/lazy journalists