Compulsory Dance - | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance -

ARipp42014

Medalist
I don't know... I'm no fan of Dom & Shab, but Oksana was on tonight.

And hot. But not as hot as Max! :love:

Anyway, with the lead being that small, I see D/W or V/M taking the lead after the OD. Maybe F/S moving up as well from 5th.

When will the starting order be out for the OD?

Enero

On the Ice
Very good skating tonight. I think I would've had V/M ahead of the Russians probably by the same margin. So I guess in the end the current placements between first and second would't make much difference. I would definitely have B/A ahead of D/W. I just thought B/A were a little bit more polished, but again the small margin of seperation between the teams doesn't make much difference. I can't wait for the OD on Sunday.

jan

On the Ice
I am not a fan of F/S. They skated a very shallow pattern tonight and shoud have beeen lower down.

aurora100

Final Flight
Robinson is not the first former singles or pairs skater to call ice dance. Bezic, Button, Fleming, Hamilton, etc. have all done it.

No, but the worst in skating skills of any women's champion we had in Canada. She's been saying dumbest things all nite in the most inappropriate time.

piano18

Rinkside
D/S were the best tonight. Jen Robinson should stop "trying" to commentate. Trying to make conspiracy theories out of nothing, first D/S held up, then saying B/A should be higher than D/W lol..............ok i guess that's fair.................

Interesting Meryl Davis eye roll V/M? Can I see this feed>.......??

Last edited:

screech

Final Flight
I'm predicting the top 3 keep in the top 3, but switching first place in all programs (D/W in OD and V/M in FD). It's going to be an interesting event!

Also, love that the arena was packed for the CD. Not that common to see that...

skatemom1122

Final Flight
D/S were the best tonight. Jen Robinson should stop trying to commentate.

Ahh...she shouldn't have done that. Obviously, she is disappointed, but you should never let others on that you are.

BigJohn

On the Ice
Robinson is not the first former singles or pairs skater to call ice dance. Bezic, Button, Fleming, Hamilton, etc. have all done it.

No, but the worst in skating skills of any women's champion we had in Canada. She's been saying dumbest things all nite in the most inappropriate time.

Pretty much. Kraatz was good except when he said he liked the inexperience of the Estonian team.

figuristka

Medalist
Ahh...she shouldn't have done that. Obviously, she is disappointed, but you should never let others on that you are.

Would be disappointing if she did that as V/M were ahead, they were better in this dance, could have been with the results not having V/M on top too as posted? They are training mates after all.

toasty_swirlz

Rinkside
D/S were the best tonight. Jen Robinson should stop "trying" to commentate. Trying to make conspiracy theories out of nothing, first D/S held up, then saying B/A should be higher than D/W lol..............ok i guess that's fair.................

Apparently the eye roll wasn't for v/m, charlie told meryl the russian's score after v/m's cd and meryl rolled her eye at that!!!

If romance was to play a part in this Tango Romantica, it was not evident except for a few couples with Virtue and Moir being the most romantic. I don't think it was supposed to be a fiery dance, which most couples did including two on the podium. The other couple I enjoyed for speed and romance was Pechelat/Borzat. Still other 'lovers' were the Italians and the Kerrs.
How much that is graded I don't know but it seems to me that V/M were the most special in in the technique of the romantic tango. Most couples tend to oversell this dance as if it were an Argentine Tango.