Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Compulsory Dance -

Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Ahh...she shouldn't have done that. Obviously, she is disappointed, but you should never let others on that you are.
    Would be disappointing if she did that as V/M were ahead, they were better in this dance, could have been with the results not having V/M on top too as posted? They are training mates after all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post

Interesting Meryl Davis eye roll V/M? Can I see this feed>.......??
    I'd like to see that too.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    D/S were the best tonight. Jen Robinson should stop "trying" to commentate. Trying to make conspiracy theories out of nothing, first D/S held up, then saying B/A should be higher than D/W lol..............ok i guess that's fair.................

Interesting Meryl Davis eye roll V/M? Can I see this feed>.......??
    Apparently the eye roll wasn't for v/m, charlie told meryl the russian's score after v/m's cd and meryl rolled her eye at that!!!

If romance was to play a part in this Tango Romantica, it was not evident except for a few couples with Virtue and Moir being the most romantic. I don't think it was supposed to be a fiery dance, which most couples did including two on the podium. The other couple I enjoyed for speed and romance was Pechelat/Borzat. Still other 'lovers' were the Italians and the Kerrs.
    How much that is graded I don't know but it seems to me that V/M were the most special in in the technique of the romantic tango. Most couples tend to oversell this dance as if it were an Argentine Tango.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by toasty_swirlz View Post
    Apparently the eye roll wasn't for v/m, charlie told meryl the russian's score after v/m's cd and meryl rolled her eye at that!!!
    Thanks for putting it in context.

Custom Title
    Dom/Shab, strong in CD as usual. Unfortunately I don't think they would be able to hold onto their lead after OD, eh.

And I'm really really really having a hard time understanding D/W's high score..
    Del/Sch were slow, but still 37.99 is a shocker to me

Anyway, V/M asdkfj;lakdjf;la such adkfj;ladkj a sadkjfl;ad sweet adslkjf;aldkjf pair dakjf;lads

Here is a discription of how the tango romantica is suppost to be "This is a romantic sinuous dance which expresses the soft, lyrical interpretive characteristics of the Tango. It must be skated with deep edges. Foot and body movements must be deliberate and convey a sense of dignity approaching arrogance. Very erect carriage, precise timing, and continuous flow must be maintained. The difficulty of the steps should not be revealed in awkward or stressed upper body positions. Finally, coordination of free leg movements is essential to avoid a tangled, confused effect."

Okay once again, this is why I cannot stand ice dancing, and it is truly fixed, the couples who have been around in the senior ranks the longest IE Del/Sch and the Kerrs, are underscored and upity V/M and D/W, honestly I do not see the big deal or what all of the hype is all about, the only time I actually enjoyed watching Tessa and Scott skate was back in 2004 their Swing, Rock 'n Roll, Jive, Blues combination OD. That's it.

Okay what was with the blankets for Dom/Shab, I am Australian, and cannot stand them and their racist attitude, they should have been banned from competition based on racist content. so really what was with the blankets? Was it some sort of PC marketing ploy to win over the judges? I cannot stand them if there is any justice, they will go home empty handed and end this Russian dominance for sure.

Away with the ice dancing faeries Cadiva's Avatar
    From a UK perspective, Robin Cousins on the BBC's coverage placed the Russians, Canadians and Americans how they ended up although he wasn't very keen on the Italians and said he would have had them lower.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Do actually agree D/S over D/W in this dance, they had sharper movements and line, and had the character. Very small lead and they should not hang on to that with their OD and free , even if skated well.
    Your post seems to be describing the Argentine Tango and not the Tango Romantica. NeitherD/S or D/W showed romance, and in the case of D/S they ended their dance apart and not wth a romantic feeling.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Time was in ice dancing, you wait your turn and then your score magically improves and you win. Glad that's not the case any more. The older teams are simply outclassed by the top 4, by a huge margin.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The blankets were given to DomShabs by the First Nations groups they met with in Canada. They gave them Russian gifts and received blankets. As to the Kerrs, one of their problems was well explained by Tracy Wilson. Because they are the same size, nearly, it is very obvious that her knee bend is not as deep as his, since as they go through the dance, first one looks taller and then the other. This is not a good thing since the bend is supposed to be the same, and worse, because of their similar height, it is very easy to see. Their marks suffer.

DelSchoes had some timing issues. However, I loved their opening!! And I'm sad they did not do as well.

The only question I have with the scoring is the placement of F&S. I would have them behind DelSchoes.

When will the draw for the OD take place?

Custom Title

Away with the ice dancing faeries Cadiva's Avatar
    Not sure if you can see this, but the start list is on the BBC website here http://winterolympics.external.bbc.c...000/index.html

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast