Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Compulsory Dance -

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    She's also really good at singles commentary. Her voice is great for it and she imparts knowledge without being dull. And I love when she gets excited (she and Rod always feed off each others excitement so well). IMO the best skating commentator (of the 'experts') in North America.
    You state it well of why I also like them.

Personally, I think it's curtains for Belbin and Agosto. The CD was supposed to be Davis and White's weakness, but the judges still placed Meryl and Charlie ahead of Tanith and Ben.

I doubt that the judges will put two Americans on the podium. I think the final podium will be the same as it is now, with only the order to be decided.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    dress was so-so, it had too much going on and she need hair dye touch-ups

Well, everyone has their own opinion...and I thought they were both fine.

Apparently the eye roll wasn't for v/m, charlie told meryl the russian's score after v/m's cd and meryl rolled her eye at that!!!
    It looked bad and they should know that, at the Olympics, the camera is always on.

Shockingly, I thought the CD results were bang on for the 6 pairs I saw. Domnina/ Shabalin were pretty much flawless. Virtue and Moir had the best twizzles and appropriate lilt showing the true character of a Tango Romantica. Davis & White were pretty good. On one of the patterns, Belbin and Agosto had a messy section right in front of the judges.

What is happening to our world when the compulsory dance results are fair???

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I gotta say I was impressed by Domina and Shablian, I really don't think they make the best image on the ice since she is so large, but the charachter was great as was the speed and cleanness. They both looked hot.

Tanith and Ben also looked better than I expected, but they did skate it much more as a Tango than a romantic dance, which I enjoyed, but maybe the judges not so much. I cant believe Linchuk put Tanith in that disaster of a dress, why black and white?

Davis and White looked sharp, but they looked a little disappointed in the scores and I didn't get such a believable interpretation from them as from the other top teams.

I thought Tessa and Scott were lovely, I think the whole crowd expected first. Not sure what they expected or deserved, i guess it could have gone either way. I thought Scott didn't quite express the dance that well, Tessa was great but I felt as if he was just holding back compared to Max and Ben.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    It looked bad and they should know that, at the Olympics, the camera is always on.

Shockingly, I thought the CD results were bang on for the 6 pairs I saw. Domnina/ Shabalin were pretty much flawless. Virtue and Moir had the best twizzles and appropriate lilt showing the true character of a Tango Romantica. Davis & White were pretty good. On one of the patterns, Belbin and Agosto had a messy section right in front of the judges.

Pretty much! I completely agreed with the judges last night when it comes to the first few pairs and that is really, really odd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I gotta say I was impressed by Domina and Shablian, I really don't think they make the best image on the ice since she is so large, but the charachter was great as was the speed and cleanness. They both looked hot.
    She was large? You mean her breast? What is wrong with that? You don`t like it large?

REMINDER! Tango is hot! Looks better when hot people dance it.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    She was large? You mean her breast? What is wrong with that? You don`t like it large?

REMINDER! Tango is hot! Looks better when hot people dance it.
    No I meant tall. She is almost as tall as Max who is not short himself.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Domnina and Shablian skated a hot tango, they deserved to be in the lead. Good for them!

Virtue and Moire were great, I would have had them third. Scott wasn't very expressive he looked nervous. But well deserved.

Davis and White skated good but I don't get a "romantic" expression from them. I was put off though watching her roll her eyes, I thought it was snobish.

Tanith and Ben skated beautifully, best OD I have seen them skate in a while. I would have had them second. I really enjoy them and hope they medal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    No I meant tall. She is almost as tall as Max who is not short himself.
    Dancing is not pair skating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Personally, I think it's curtains for Belbin and Agosto. The CD was supposed to be Davis and White's weakness, but the judges still placed Meryl and Charlie ahead of Tanith and Ben.

I doubt that the judges will put two Americans on the podium. I think the final podium will be the same as it is now, with only the order to be decided.
    Unfortunately I have to agree. My prediction is that B/A in 4th. When Andrea Joyce interviewed B/A last night and asked them about their score Tanith answered and she gave the talk about they have an opportunity to move up (which is possible ) but she was not very convincing. They know. That said I am keeping my fingers crossed that B/A do medal.

GO B/A.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post

Fair? I was totally shocked last night by how brazen those judges are. It's not really about the placements in the CD, but about the points and seperating the weaker technicians from the good technicians. Pretty much everyone from DomShabs to K&N was on the same level technically, with only very slight differences(probably P&B a well, but I think their presentation was lame). However the judges gave DomShabs a margin of more than 5 points compared to DelSchoes(who were majorly robbed), when all the top 6 or 7 couples should be within1.5 distance.
    It seems they are going to do the same thing they did at euros and it makes me feel so depressed, I wish I wouldn't care for ice dance at all so I wouldn't mind all that injustice.
    It makes me so sad to see DelSchoes basically off the podium after the CD, although they are a couple that has brought ice dance forward with their innovation and despite being the classiest team of all. IMO they are the only ones who have the grandeur of olympic champions.

On a side note, BelGosto and DelSchoe looked awesome. I was shocked by Samuelson/Bates. Purple and red???
    Last edited by Audrey19; 02-20-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree. My prediction is that B/A in 4th. When Andrea Joyce interviewed B/A last night and asked them about their score Tanith answered and she gave the talk about they have an opportunity to move up (which is possible ) but she was not very convincing. They know. That said I am keeping my fingers crossed that B/A do medal.

GO B/A.
    Yep, I thought bronze was their best chance for a medal, given their international scores all season. They've gotten slammed in the original and free dances. I don't think they will move up at all. Such a shame....

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    Fair? I was totally shocked last night by how brazen those judges are. It's not really about the placements in the CD, but about the points and seperating the weaker technicians from the good technicians. Pretty much everyone from DomShabs to K&N was on the same level technically, with only very slight differences(probably P&B a well, but I think their presentation was lame). However the judges gave DomShabs a margin of more than 5 points compared to DelSchoes(who were majorly robbed), when all the top 6 or 7 couples should be within1.5 distance.
    It seems they are going to do the same thing they did at euros and it makes me feel so depressed, I wish I wouldn't care for ice dance at all so I wouldn't mind all that injustice.
    It makes me so sad to see DelSchoes basically off the podium after the CD, although they are a couple that has brought ice dance forward with their innovation and despite being the classiest team of all. IMO they are the only ones who have the grandeur of olympic champions.

On a side note, BelGosto and DelSchoe looked awesome. I was shocked by Samuelson/Bates. Purple and red???
    Every single commentator I've heard said the same thing - DelSchoes are not what they used to be and they were weak last night. A point higher perhaps but not much more than that.

Oh yes, the purple - red - major no no. What were they thinking?

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    Every single commentator I've heard said the same thing - DelSchoes are not what they used to be and they were weak last night. A point higher perhaps but not much more than that.
    But seriously I don't get what was wrong with their skating. But it doesn't seem to matter anyway. why don't they just skip the other dances and hand out the medals rightaway? It won't make any difference.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast