Good Luck Cinderella!!!! | Golden Skate

Good Luck Cinderella!!!!

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Good luck on your Adult Gold freestyle test tomorrow!!!

You've practiced, you are ready -- go get 'em! :D

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
THANKS, Kids!

It's 15 minutes before I have to leave to go to the rink. I feel prepared.

My 5 min warm-up is still 1-1/2 hours away, and then I have ELEVEN people in the flight ahead of me, so I don't skate for at least another hour after that. Yikes! Plenty of time for those legs to turn into the petrified forest! (Just kidding -- I'm thinking only bendy/stretchy thoughts like Gumby! Taffy! Slinky! Cirque du Soleil!

Speaking of stretchy, I'm wearing a new stretchy purple velvet practice dress and feel like a "real" skater. I've just eaten a banana, packed my music, extra tights and water bottle, and took two ketoprofen (works better for me than ibuprofen).

Cross your fingers and pray that the Flexibility Gods shine down on me today!

I'll come back later and tell you how it went.

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Bit of a Bummer

Just thought I'd quickly pop in and let you know that I did NOT pass that Adult Gold test today. (Bummer bummer).

The good news is that I was not at all nervous right before or while I skated, and I had an excellent warm-up session and everything was smooth. The bad news is that even though I completed most of the elements, they felt that the program was scratchier than it should have been and so they did not ask me to reskate the elements I missed.

Oh well. I have lots of good comments and constructive criticisms so I have a lot to work on for the next month before I have to test again.

Thanks for all the cheerleading. I saw the pom poms out of the corner of my eye, and definitely appreciated them.

More later ...

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Cinderella-bummer, bummer is right. It sounds as though you had a good skate, but just not good enough to pass. I still give ya a HIGH FIVE for all your effort.

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Sk8er1964 - Yeah, me too, but don't count me out of Adult Nationals yet! I will work hard for the next 4 weeks and then test again.

I've consoled myself with the thought that I've only been working on this Gold program for 7 weeks and only working on programs at all since mid-July (the Bronze --my first-ever program in 30+ years). When I put it in that perspective, it's hard for me to be too disappointed.

Not to mention, I've got lots of great role models like you to show me that it CAN be done!!!

:D