Best US Layback | Golden Skate

Best US Layback

G

guinevere

Re: Best v. Favorite Layback

Interesting poll - at first I took it to mean Best Layback, in which case I would have chosen Angela (and I was surprised to not see Sarah listed, as she has the 2nd best classic layback IMHO). But in terms of Favorite Layback, I prefer the variations. And while I do love Michelle's variation, especially as it begins in a classic style and mutates, I was really wowed by Ye Bin Mok's unusual variation at Nats, so I chose her.

guinevere

S

SteveKmetko374

Re: Best US Layback

I forgot about Sarah -- oops! sorry - hers is very good - but very similar to angela nikodinov so I will just assume those people who like Angela's also like Sarah's.

B

BravesSkateFan

re: best US Layback

Well I am not a big fan of the classic layback...so my choice is between Michelle and AP. I was going to vote for Michelle's (I love how she goes into position while she is spinning), but I really liked AP's catch foot variation at Nationals, so I'm voting for her.

J

Joesitz

Re: re: best US Layback

There are so many variations on the layback. If you mean the 'classic' look then I think the American's from way back have that 'best' look.

Then there is Lucinda Ruh. Not classic but wow when it comes to acrobatic positions.

Joe

B

BronzeisGolden02

Angela & AP

Angela's layback is undeniably beautiful and I would agree is the best of the US field. Sarah's also has wonderful position and I would also say its a close second. My new favorite is AP's catchfoot layback. Its different and exciting and I think it's lovely. Sasha's layback is very good and she usually sustains the fastest spinning speed of the US ladies. This is an area I think Michelle needs to work on. The layback she has now is more than acceptable and is a nice ending to her long program, but I hope to see some different variations in the future.

3axel

Re: Angela & AP

Sarah should be on this list, and so should Nicole Bobek.

3axel

E

elingrace4eva

Re: Angela & AP

Sasha's, no question. That girl is the queen of spins. When she's spinning, you can't take your eyes off of her.

And I don't think Sarah should have been on the list, her spins, and especially her layback, always look a bit awkward, and I've never seen her get the positions perfect...except maybe at the olympics.

Kat

C

CuteGreekGoddess

Re:

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
Sasha's is classical
and her spins are phenomenal ;)
</strong></span>

M

maxell1313

Re:

That one's tough. I love Angela's classical layback the best, but I was also impressed by Yebin Mok's layback due to the arms being stretched out and the centrifugal force of it creating more pressure on the lower back. So the vote went to Angela, but Yebin got a close second.

P

Pookie

I voted Angela. Her classic layback is beautiful. Michelle's is a very close second. I love her variation.

C

Callystarr

<span style="color:maroon;">Angela Nikodinov</span>