I need recap of Survivor 11/06 | Golden Skate

I need recap of Survivor 11/06

heyang

Record Breaker
Arghh - DirectTV lost local service just as Survivor and Friends started tonight. I can always catch Friends in re-runs - but Survivor. Service just returned - too late for tonight's best tV watching.

Help - any details would be welcome. Thanks.

guinevere

Final Flight
The Outcast showed up for their Tribal Council to vote in 2. Each person got a chance to plead their case to the others. Most people harped on the platform that they would 'make the Outcast proud' by 'kicking butt'. Nicole said that the trait that got her kicked out (inability to no speak her mind) could also help her go far from this point on. Michelle said the best revenge would be to send a cute little girl in to kick butt (oh please). Burton made a vow that he would never lie to the other Outcast voted back in. Each person cast 2 votes (can't vote for themselves); top 2 go in. Burton and Lill win with 3 votes each; Ryan S and Nicole each got 2; Trish & Michelle each got 1.

Tribes for Burton & Lill were determined by luck of the draw. Lill reached in a bucket and pulled out a Morgan buff. She was tres bummed about it.

Cut to the most excellent editing ever: it's a dark and stormy night. On the Drake beach, the tribe is sleeping (after some fretting that dreaded Burton is coming back). Suddenly, the silhouette of Burton appears in a lightning flash! Seriously, nice going Mark Burnett (and Mother Nature)! Burton walks in, wakes folks up, finds a spot and settles in. Everyone says how glad they are he's back. He's wary of their true feelings.

Lillian arrives at Morgan by boat. No one is sleeping, as it is raining really hard. Tijuana jumps for joy when she sees Lill, and Andrew says "You know we love you", but Lill is so not buying it. As they huddle in the rain, Andrew says to no one "this is the worst night we've been here". He's talking about the rain (I think), but the camera flashes on Lill.

In the am, Rupert takes Burton aside and tells him why he (Ru) agreed to voting Burton out, even though he himself did not vote: Rupert heard Burton making fun of him all the time, about his skirt, about his butt crack hanging out, about just about everything. Rupert says it really hurt him and he let that sway his feelings. To the camera Rupert says that, while he presents a strong independent person, inside he is still that high school kid who was teased mercilessly all his life by other kids, and Burton became the embodiment of all those jocks when the game began. Burton apologizes to Ru, saying he didn't realize what a jerk he'd been. He's Drake all the way!! Rupsert also tells Burton that Jon is the next to go. Burton seems surprised, but Rupert is emphatic. Jon Must Go!!

Over at Morgan, Lill wakes up in the am and can't believe how bad things have gotten over there!! She gets water and builds fire, but everyone else is doing a bunch of nuttin'. They do come together as a tribe to cook the Last Pot of Rice (yikes). The Morgan Behinds (all but Lill) consider who on Drake would be their target and they say Jon - he's a jerk!!

The tribes come together for a challenge. Jeffy asks how they're doing - he asks Sandra how the food issue is going at Drake. Sandra says there is no food issue. Yesterday they ate rice and corn, they each had several pounds of fish (andrew practically weeps at this), they've got lemons, coconut, they go to bed with full bellies every night. Jeff asks Savage why he swooned - Andrew says there is no food issue at Morgan because there is no food. Jeff asks if Morgan thinks a merge is coming. Andrew says they don't count on anything, and as much as they'd like to believe there's a merge and a bigg buffet for them back at camp, they know it's probably not true. Jeff says SURPRISE! It's a merge! Those Morgans are visibly thrilled. The new team will live at Drake Island, their new buffs are black (Jon says 'Cool - black!'). They're going to compete individually from now on! The immunity "necklace" this time is a pirate's sword. Plus - there IS a buffet waiting for them!

Much eating of food ensues. Probably some meet n' greet between the tribes too, but all the sounds of Morgans masticating made it hard to hear anything else.

Next day (?) it's time for the challenge! It's a swimming thing, loosely tied to a pirate idea - whatever. In 2 heats, survivors must swim under a wooden raft lengthwise, run across the top and swim under it again (it is possible for them to come up for air in the middle, but if they do, they must start over). Rupert and Jon (!) win the 1st heat, Burton and Rhino win the 2nd - Christa put in a good showing though. The 2nd part of the challenge has the top 4 swimming under the contraption 5 times, while moving a bunch of lucky charms or something. Rupert hits the water and is ahead after the 1st lap! Ahead after the 2nd lap! Widening the gap at the 3rd lap! Losing a little ground to Burton in the 4th lap. And winning until the very last second when Burton managed to toss his last charm on the hook first and snatch immunity!:eek: Dang. Stupid Burton.

Burton and Lill already cannot be voted out b/c of their Outcast immunity this time only. Burton may transfer his challenge immunity if he wishes. Drake plots and plots, figures out Lill is unhappy and makes a play for her to vote out a Morgan Behind. Morgan grouses that Lill's talking to Drake. Andrew asks Lill if she's going to vote with Morgan or not - she says she isn't sure yet. Andrew asks if she'll tell him before the TC. She reminds him that he did not give her that courtesy. Please note: Morgan does not at any time try to befriend Lill or give her a reason to vote their way. Nor do they try to approach anyone from Drake.

TC comes, Burton does in fact give his immunity to Rupert, saying it was such a close race that Rupert earned it. Lill votes with Drake, 6 votes for Andrew v. 4 votes for Jon. Savage narrowly misses getting on the jury!

Looks like nest week all heck breaks loose in terms of alliances, plotting, etc.

Whew! Sorry if I got anything wrong!

guinevere

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
guinevere,

Just wanted to say that you got everything in about last night's episode! I'd have to say that my favorite parts were: 1) the return of the Outcasts to their tribes, and 2) when Savage was trying to get Lil to vote with them and asked that she let him know, then she reminded him that he didn't do the same for her.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

guinevere

Final Flight
I forgot to mention that the new tribe is named Balboa - after Rupert's, er, snake.

guinevere

heyang

Record Breaker
Guinevere,

Thanks for the great recap. Yours has been the most detailed. I really appreciate your making the time for it.

I was so aggravated when the service went out. Thursday night is the only night of must-see TV for me. I'm calling the cable company to find out how much their service will cost.