Thanks for everything Evan and Johnny | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Thanks for everything Evan and Johnny

Raatkirani

On the Ice
It was an awesome competiton and it was so gratifying seeing both Evan and Johnny do their best. Both work incredibly hard and both deserved to be on the podium. Evan reached his dream, but I hope Johnny is very content and satisfied with his performances. I'm not the biggest Evan fan by any means, but I was at the men's free skate in LA last year and he's a great competitor and even I was cheering him on full force. Johnny will always hold a special place in my heart and I am thrilled to pieces at how beautifully he competed in Vancouver! It was simply the best. Thank you to them and Jeremy (and Ryan) for making men's team a force to be reckoned with.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Evan said he probably won't compete in Worlds.

I hope he reconsiders, I really hate this newer tradition of grabbing the title and running. I get that it's a long season in an olympic year, but please, Evan, reconsider.

and I love this thread. It will be VERY weird not seeing these two dominating the headlines all season long and trying to decide which one will come out on top...

but we do have a GREAT crop of newbies coming up! can't wait.

Germanice

On the Ice
Well, I'm not from the U.S., but I'd like to thank Johnny Weir :love: for lightening up an mainly disappointing event with a devastating result. He did the best programmes I've seen him done for years, so secure, beautiful to watch plus he was so sweet in the KnC. Too bad he hasn't been rewarded like he would've deserved. Johnny is Johnny is Johnny! :thumbsup: :laugh:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thank you, Johnny, for putting together two beautiful skatings.

I have to especially thank you, Evan, for making me finally realized that figure skating is math, not a sport. It's all about mind game. It's essential that a skater has to calculate the winning and losing, not only for the program itself, but also for which competition is the important one and which is not. And say it out loud to the media for support. Good job!;)

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
he really was the old johnny, wasn't he? i hope he's proud of himself. i've missed that 'in the zone' johnny.

As I had mentioned before, Johnny brought me back to the days of Otoñal and Rondo C., it was such a oy to see him skate like that, and leaving the rink with a big smile. Thank you Johnny!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hope he reconsiders, I really hate this newer tradition of grabbing the title and running. I get that it's a long season in an olympic year, but please, Evan, reconsider.

and I love this thread. It will be VERY weird not seeing these two dominating the headlines all season long and trying to decide which one will come out on top...

but we do have a GREAT crop of newbies coming up! can't wait.

I am spilt about wanting Evan to return. I can't really imagine him topping this, and if this is his last season, I would prefer to remember him on top of the world. On the other hand, watching skating will be empty without him and I will miss hearing the music and cheering him on.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am spilt about wanting Evan to return. I can't really imagine him topping this, and if this is his last season, I would prefer to remember him on top of the world. On the other hand, watching skating will be empty without him and I will miss hearing the music and cheering him on.

true, but at the same time - he'd be a fantastic two time world champion.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

I don´t think that Evan had the intention of competing at Worlds, what ever the outcome at the Olympics. He has been quite some time on the SOI page scheduled to skate on the tour. From his interviews I have gotten the impression that he is not quitting the eligible skating.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I am so happy with the way both Evan and Johnny competed at the Games. They really laid it down. I'd love to see Johnny medal at Worlds.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I would love to see Johnny on top of that podium at Worlds. Although I was devastated by his marks at Vancouver, he seems to be truly happy with his performances, and I suppose at the end of the day, that's all that really matters. Seeing Johnny so happy with his performances regardless of the results, well that just makes my day! Evan and Johnny both really delivered when it counted the most. It's really hard for me to comprehend US Figure Skating without them, but they have both given me years of wonderful memories and I will definately cherish these Olympic performances for the rest of my life.