Funeral for quads | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Funeral for quads

bekalc

Record Breaker
In fairness to Joubert I'm tired of hearing he's only got quads. The guy has worked hard on his spins, and he's now one of the better spinners in the field.

But I think the issue is that the quad requires a lot of stamina nobody's been able to do a quad and all the high level stuff at worlds in four years) that says something about the quad's difficulty. Which shouldnt' be pooh poed as nothing. The Quad is very high risk. I'd like to see it worth more.

However, maybe some should also strategize abuot perhaps doing a little bit less difficulty in footwork/spins and go for more difficulty in the jumps. I.e maybe do an easier level 2 footwork sequence, and then go for a harder one (after you've done the jumps at the end). Maybe do one easier spin (and do two harder ones at the end, after once again the jumps are done. A jumping layout like this would get HUGE base value, something like 17 points higher than something like Evan's, and would likely get high GOE too.

Quad toe/2toe
Quad toe
3loop/3sal sequence do this early because if you miss the sequence you can add it to a 3flip or a 3lutz...
Second half
3axel/3toe/2loop
3axel
3lutz
3flip
double axel

It is difficult because it may seem like throwing points away to easy up on the spins/footwork, but it may help stamina wise...Just make sure do at least one level four spin at the end of your program, and have the appropriate levels in the short program. And you can answer the Chan's by saying, I CAN do level 3 footwork because I did it in the short, but I'm strategizing to do a little easier footwork so that I can get do some harder jumping passes (lol)

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
But 2A-Chan is our future, or not?

Methinks someone likes bringing up Chan/Chosen One/The One Who Will Invent a Spin Where He Puts His Foot in His Mouth/I've Actually Got Nothing Against Him

Of course not, silly. 4T-Kozuka shall be the future of the sport!

Or Lutzy Rippon and/or Czech Buttle will be.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Methinks someone likes bringing up Chan/Chosen One/The One Who Will Invent a Spin Where He Puts His Foot in His Mouth/I've Actually Got Nothing Against Him

Of course not, silly. 4T-Kozuka shall be the future of the sport!

Or Lutzy Rippon will be.

Don't forget Czech Buttle! He's a rising star as well

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The future of figure skating - 2014 podium threats

Men:
Chan
Kozuka
Rippon
Brezina (aka Czech Buttle)
Amodio
Ten
Fernandez
Borodulin (mini Plushenko?)

Ladiezz:
Christina Gao (female version of Patrick Chan, the NBC commentators at nats couldn't say enough good things about her, she's that good, money jumps)
Murakami
Shelepen
Ovcharova
Tuktamysheva (sp?....third tiny Russian girl)
Nagasu

aftertherain

Record Breaker
The future of figure skating - 2014 podium threats

Men:
Chan
Kozuka
Rippon
Brezina (aka Czech Buttle)
Amodio
Ten
Fernandez
Borodulin (mini Plushenko?)

Ladiezz:
Christina Gao (female version of Patrick Chan, the NBC commentators at nats couldn't say enough good things about her, she's that good, money jumps)
Murakami
Shelepen
Ovcharova
Tuktamysheva (sp?....third tiny Russian girl)
Nagasu

You know what? I think I'll just make a new thread about this ...

icebeauty

On the Ice
Actually, Tomas landed a very nice quad. I'm not sure if it was textbook, but it was solid. It was his first jump and a good jump before he bombed the rest of his program.

just saw a video...yes that was the first and best quad of the night

which leads me to this...

Dear Evgeni Plushenko,
If you want to make men's figure skating all about the quad...then you still lost last night. By your logic, Tomas won! :)