Plushenko lashes out!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko lashes out!!!

Jhar55

Medalist
Seem's like sour grapes to me anymore every Olympics someones crying foul I got robbed of the gold medal. Like someone else said I am sure there were other skaters who would have loved to be standing on the podium.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Why does Plushenko have to live up to his sterotype of full-of-himself Russian machine?
He skated well, he won a third olympic medal, it was really close, the judges gave him the benifit of the doubt with +GOE on all of his jumps (except the first triple axel).
Live with it.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I really hope one of the Japanese men take the Gold at Worlds... they have the technical and artistic ability (artistry a bit lacking in Oda, but not in Kozuka and Takahashi). They also seem very gracious and humble... definitely a very deserving team. If any "country" is going to take Mens Figure Skating to the next level in the near future, it will be Japan... every other country has quite a long way to go to catch up to them.

Simoncat

Rinkside
What arrogance to believe that you can do the same old programme,disregard the rules and the COP and still win just because you can land a quad! And top it all off with a display of utterly abominable sportsmanship. Partly I blame the choreographer/coach. Seeing videos of some of the coach's younger skaters,they skate the same way. Get real,and get a choreographer,use the COP properly,and then complain if you don't win.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I really hope one of the Japanese men take the Gold at Worlds... they have the technical and artistic ability (artistry a bit lacking in Oda, but not in Kozuka and Takahashi). They also seem very gracious and humble... definitely a very deserving team. If any "country" is going to take Mens Figure Skating to the next level in the near future, it will be Japan... every other country has quite a long way to go to catch up to them.

Oda actually is quite artistic, his programs this year just don't showcase it very well. I actually think he is the most talented of the three japanese men.

psychotropek

Rinkside
When I watch Plushenko do footwork, I notice how often he has two blades on the ice. I'm pretty sure this is not a good sign in terms of difficulty, but if this is incorrect, I'd love elaboration.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
He says he "forgot" that he did not win Gold and then started to step on the Top step of the podium. He must have a short memory....

I thought it was Derek Zoolanderish and was meant to be tongue in cheek. I think Plushenko is funny and not full of himself like people think he is. Like when asked about "transitions" he responded he didn't understand English. :)
On the other hand, the winner, is definitely full of himself. I cringe every time I hear him speak.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
unbelieveable! how does one say "jerk in Russian? Now I really dislike the goosenosed diva...great skate Evan-you deserved it. This time, the right man won-allthe experts/judges agreed. I always hate how the Russians behave when their skater rightfully loses. The judges were generous to Evgeni-it was a sloppy skate. One can watch him skate much better on old videos on Youtube. Evan is being very gracious. I never thought plush was a "great" guy. I only wish Yagudin could've come back instead. There was an incredible talent who sadly injured himself from all the quads! I miss his skating and georgous face!

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Oda actually is quite artistic, his programs this year just don't showcase it very well. I actually think he is the most talented of the three japanese men.

Hear, hear!! I agree, he's the best skater of the three, and the best quality jumper in the world. I loved his Chaplin program, but he looked really scared last night. From the start he didn't skate with the joy we usually see. Felt really bad for him, and I hope he redeems himself at Worlds.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
He's such a sore loser. He already has one gold. Can't he be a gracious loser? Evan was a very gracious winner.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yes, this is the exact type of scenario that I saw at the arena, one in the same. And I expect it to continue, this bias against the big bad Russian, evil, dark, bad, the cold war has never stopped, and will never stop. People's prejudice comes out sooner or later.

As psychic Sylvia Browne once said "we're already living in hell'.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Hear, hear!! I agree, he's the best skater of the three, and the best quality jumper in the world. I loved his Chaplin program, but he looked really scared last night. From the start he didn't skate with the joy we usually see. Felt really bad for him, and I hope he redeems himself at Worlds.

IA. I'm fairly new to men's skating, so I don't know his programs very well, but I really liked his Chaplin program, even though Sandra Bezic said it was a bit juvenile. It's a very light-hearted program and I appreciate that.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yes, this is the exact type of scenario that I saw at the arena, one in the same. And I expect it to continue, this bias against the big bad Russian, evil, dark, bad, the cold war has never stopped, and will never stop. People's prejudice comes out sooner or later.
What does this have to do with anything? Plushy lost, he thought he deserved the gold and he told everyone so. He's arrogant. His skating is overrated. He lost and should have been gracious about it and wasn't. Too bad 2 silvers and a gold isn't enough for him. Too bad he couldn't give Evan his due. Personally, I have never been a big fan of his skating although I admired his technical prowess. Hardly a "cold war" issue or response. Yagudin, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorites.

Alatariel

On the Ice
He's such a sore loser. He already has one gold. Can't he be a gracious loser? Evan was a very gracious winner.

Now this is interesting. So he has one gold so he should what? Let other people have it due to this? What an interesting argument :rofl:

And more idiocies ^^ of 'giving Evan his due'. Where do you come up with these things?!

kyla2

Final Flight
Evan continues to make us proud with the way he is responding to this nonsense. Class act all the way. As for Plushenko, I always thought better of him than this. I was wrong. His comments are appalling, his coach is equally as reprehensible, and they should both just stop before the only fans Plushenko has left are in Russia. The Russians look very bad when they behave like this.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Did anyone notice that last jump was landed on an inside edge???
I noticed it.
Plushy lost, he thought he deserved the gold and he told everyone so. He's arrogant. His skating is overrated. He lost and should have been gracious about it and wasn't. Too bad 2 silvers and a gold isn't enough for him. Too bad he couldn't give Evan his due. Personally, I have never been a big fan of his skating although I admired his technical prowess.
RealtorGal you took the words right out of my mouth.

christinaskater

Medalist
Talk about sportsmanship on Evgeny's part

He is a sore loser! He is very conceited!

I also never liked his skating. He always has this ego that he's the best.

Surely you can do the quad triple, but this is figure skating not figure jumping! The spins, footwork, transitions, choreography etc are all scored. Sadly, his team did not adjust his programs to the COP that's why he lost.

Evan deserved the gold because he went for all the elements sans the quad. I don't consider myself a big fan of Evan but he really deserved the gold!

Even Olympic champion Robin Cousins believed the rightful Olympic winner won it!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Plushenko has the brain of a pea, and makes me want to vomit. How can he actually think he's hot, and that people like his kiss-blowing and hip-grinding? The last time I checked, greasy hair and a huge beak of a nose wasn't considered the physical ideal.