Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko lashes out!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    He says he "forgot" that he did not win Gold and then started to step on the Top step of the podium. He must have a short memory....
    I didn't see the medal ceremony because they didn't air it here; I hope it'll appear on youtube sometime... I'm so curious about this 'controversy' about Plushy apparantly stepping on the top step. I really want to see that. And what a lame excuse haha.

When I saw the title of this thread, "lashing out," I expected something more dramatic and violent! lol...

What can you say? He was so confident he won gold, but it (deservedly) alluded him. I actually sort of felt bad for Plushenko because his entire comeback was for one thing: Olympic Gold. Now, however, I'm glad such an arrogant and unsportsmanlike competitor lost.

Custom Title
    He's right----preening for the judges while you mince about on your toepicks is SO old school Russian--yes, the sport definitely did regress during that shameful display.

He's conveniently forgetting that Evan didn't beat him in the PCS scores (though he should have!!); he beat him on GOE. Did anyone notice that last jump was landed on an inside edge??? Among other issues, plus the horrible choreography by someone who did not use the system to their advantage. Yikes, how can anyone say he had the superior jumps, quad notwithstanding. If you want to just be judged on the tricks you do, head on over to the half pipe.

Meanwhile, did anyone catch Evan's interview today? Talk about class.
    Last edited by backspin; 02-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Custom Title
    What a douche.

The funny part: I do the difficult moves...

No you dumb donkey, you do one difficult jump. You do not do the difficult moves.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    It wouldn't be figure skating if someone didn't "lash out" after a competition. Though Plushy did anything but that in this interview. He was as cool as ice answering the questions he was asked. I didn't see any anger whatsoever. I know some might not agree with his answers, but he said what he thought and honestly what many think about last night's competition and the future of men's figure skating.
    I agree - that was hardly "lashing out." He said what he thought. That said, Lysacek's win was fair under the rules now obtaining, although I think it could have gone either way.

I almost feel sorry for Plushy, though. Coming in second is rough on a champ. Coming in second to Evan Lysacek....ouch.

Seem's like sour grapes to me anymore every Olympics someones crying foul I got robbed of the gold medal. Like someone else said I am sure there were other skaters who would have loved to be standing on the podium.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Why does Plushenko have to live up to his sterotype of full-of-himself Russian machine?
    He skated well, he won a third olympic medal, it was really close, the judges gave him the benifit of the doubt with +GOE on all of his jumps (except the first triple axel).
    Live with it.

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    I really hope one of the Japanese men take the Gold at Worlds... they have the technical and artistic ability (artistry a bit lacking in Oda, but not in Kozuka and Takahashi). They also seem very gracious and humble... definitely a very deserving team. If any "country" is going to take Mens Figure Skating to the next level in the near future, it will be Japan... every other country has quite a long way to go to catch up to them.

On the Ice
    What arrogance to believe that you can do the same old programme,disregard the rules and the COP and still win just because you can land a quad! And top it all off with a display of utterly abominable sportsmanship. Partly I blame the choreographer/coach. Seeing videos of some of the coach's younger skaters,they skate the same way. Get real,and get a choreographer,use the COP properly,and then complain if you don't win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    I really hope one of the Japanese men take the Gold at Worlds... they have the technical and artistic ability (artistry a bit lacking in Oda, but not in Kozuka and Takahashi). They also seem very gracious and humble... definitely a very deserving team. If any "country" is going to take Mens Figure Skating to the next level in the near future, it will be Japan... every other country has quite a long way to go to catch up to them.
    Oda actually is quite artistic, his programs this year just don't showcase it very well. I actually think he is the most talented of the three japanese men.

Rinkside
    When I watch Plushenko do footwork, I notice how often he has two blades on the ice. I'm pretty sure this is not a good sign in terms of difficulty, but if this is incorrect, I'd love elaboration.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    He says he "forgot" that he did not win Gold and then started to step on the Top step of the podium. He must have a short memory....
    I thought it was Derek Zoolanderish and was meant to be tongue in cheek. I think Plushenko is funny and not full of himself like people think he is. Like when asked about "transitions" he responded he didn't understand English.
    On the other hand, the winner, is definitely full of himself. I cringe every time I hear him speak.

Banned
    unbelieveable! how does one say "jerk in Russian? Now I really dislike the goosenosed diva...great skate Evan-you deserved it. This time, the right man won-allthe experts/judges agreed. I always hate how the Russians behave when their skater rightfully loses. The judges were generous to Evgeni-it was a sloppy skate. One can watch him skate much better on old videos on Youtube. Evan is being very gracious. I never thought plush was a "great" guy. I only wish Yagudin could've come back instead. There was an incredible talent who sadly injured himself from all the quads! I miss his skating and georgous face!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Oda actually is quite artistic, his programs this year just don't showcase it very well. I actually think he is the most talented of the three japanese men.
    Hear, hear!! I agree, he's the best skater of the three, and the best quality jumper in the world. I loved his Chaplin program, but he looked really scared last night. From the start he didn't skate with the joy we usually see. Felt really bad for him, and I hope he redeems himself at Worlds.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    He's such a sore loser. He already has one gold. Can't he be a gracious loser? Evan was a very gracious winner.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast