Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko lashes out!!!

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Eh I'm so fed up with this Plushy-hating, and the media feeding it.

Custom Title
    Yes, this is the exact type of scenario that I saw at the arena, one in the same. And I expect it to continue, this bias against the big bad Russian, evil, dark, bad, the cold war has never stopped, and will never stop. People's prejudice comes out sooner or later.

As psychic Sylvia Browne once said "we're already living in hell'.

Quote Originally Posted by formersk8ter View Post
    Hear, hear!! I agree, he's the best skater of the three, and the best quality jumper in the world. I loved his Chaplin program, but he looked really scared last night. From the start he didn't skate with the joy we usually see. Felt really bad for him, and I hope he redeems himself at Worlds.
    IA. I'm fairly new to men's skating, so I don't know his programs very well, but I really liked his Chaplin program, even though Sandra Bezic said it was a bit juvenile. It's a very light-hearted program and I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yes, this is the exact type of scenario that I saw at the arena, one in the same. And I expect it to continue, this bias against the big bad Russian, evil, dark, bad, the cold war has never stopped, and will never stop. People's prejudice comes out sooner or later.
    What does this have to do with anything? Plushy lost, he thought he deserved the gold and he told everyone so. He's arrogant. His skating is overrated. He lost and should have been gracious about it and wasn't. Too bad 2 silvers and a gold isn't enough for him. Too bad he couldn't give Evan his due. Personally, I have never been a big fan of his skating although I admired his technical prowess. Hardly a "cold war" issue or response. Yagudin, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorites.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    He's such a sore loser. He already has one gold. Can't he be a gracious loser? Evan was a very gracious winner.
    Now this is interesting. So he has one gold so he should what? Let other people have it due to this? What an interesting argument

And more idiocies ^^ of 'giving Evan his due'. Where do you come up with these things?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    He says he "forgot" that he did not win Gold and then started to step on the Top step of the podium. He must have a short memory....

Custom Title
    Evan continues to make us proud with the way he is responding to this nonsense. Class act all the way. As for Plushenko, I always thought better of him than this. I was wrong. His comments are appalling, his coach is equally as reprehensible, and they should both just stop before the only fans Plushenko has left are in Russia. The Russians look very bad when they behave like this.

Did anyone notice that last jump was landed on an inside edge???
    I noticed it.
    Plushy lost, he thought he deserved the gold and he told everyone so. He's arrogant. His skating is overrated. He lost and should have been gracious about it and wasn't. Too bad 2 silvers and a gold isn't enough for him. Too bad he couldn't give Evan his due. Personally, I have never been a big fan of his skating although I admired his technical prowess.
    RealtorGal you took the words right out of my mouth.

Talk about sportsmanship on Evgeny's part

He is a sore loser! He is very conceited!

I also never liked his skating. He always has this ego that he's the best.

Surely you can do the quad triple, but this is figure skating not figure jumping! The spins, footwork, transitions, choreography etc are all scored. Sadly, his team did not adjust his programs to the COP that's why he lost.

Evan deserved the gold because he went for all the elements sans the quad. I don't consider myself a big fan of Evan but he really deserved the gold!

Even Olympic champion Robin Cousins believed the rightful Olympic winner won it!

Plushenko has the brain of a pea, and makes me want to vomit. How can he actually think he's hot, and that people like his kiss-blowing and hip-grinding? The last time I checked, greasy hair and a huge beak of a nose wasn't considered the physical ideal.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    Good for him. It's either keep quiet and keep on eating this bs or actually say something about it. Who ever does keep quiet should actually be made to eat more and more of it just for the fun of it.
    I think he needs an extra large slice of humble pie to eat with his crow and maybe a little cheese with his whine!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2 View Post
    Evan continues to make us proud with the way he is responding to this nonsense. Class act all the way. As for Plushenko, I always thought better of him than this. I was wrong. His comments are appalling, his coach is equally as reprehensible, and they should both just stop before the only fans Plushenko has left are in Russia. The Russians look very bad when they behave like this.
    The "whining" and "unsportmanslike" behavior by Plushy and team is no different than the "outrage" and foot stomping that went on when S/P lost the gold to the infamous Russians in SLC. As per usual the American media is turning a mole hill into a mountain with their slash and burn reporting.

As far as Plushy losing fans, please. North America isn't the only game in town. I've found that Europeans aren't as judgmental as North Americans and of course the Russians will always love him. He will always have an abundance of fans across the Atlantic.

Custom Title
    Plushenko. Does he really need more cheese?

Rinkside
    If there was a Gold Medal for persecution complexes, Pleshenko would be the clear winner.

And for any who would try and slap me with an 'anti-Russian" label, Kulik and Yagudin are my two favorite male skaters - IMHO their Olympic LPs have not yet been surpassed by any subsequent man.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    The "whining" and "unsportmanslike" behavior by Plushy and team is no different than the "outrage" and foot stomping that went on when S/P lost the gold to the infamous Russians in SLC. As per usual the American media is turning a mole hill into a mountain with their slash and burn reporting.

As far as Plushy losing fans, please. North America isn't the only game in town. I've found that Europeans aren't as judgmental as North Americans and of course the Russians will always love him. He will always have an abundance of fans across the Atlantic.
    How about an example of the "slash and burn reporting"? People are upset over the words that came out of his mouth- in interviews and press conferences. Unless there are some very talented ventriloquists out there, I don't see what the American media has to do with it. Or was that a hologram of him disrespecting the olympic podium? Those Americans! What will they think of next? It's all a clever ploy to make him look like a bitter, passive-aggressive, egotistical diva. And they would have succeeded if it weren't for you meddling kids! ;.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast