Thread: Question Domnina&Shabalin

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Question Domnina&Shabalin

In Eurosport Olympic news they just had an interview with Domnina&Shabalin; I only heard the last moments of it. At the end the Eurosport commentator (German Eurosport) said, that "the World Champions are the favourites for the Olympic title, also because they will not show the Aboriginal OD in Vancouver".

Did I miss something? It's the first time I hear that they changed their OD, but I didn't have much time to visit the forums in the last days. Does anybody know more about it? Is it true? If it is, what is their new OD?

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    They're not telling..But they may have gone back to an old program.. besides the costume kerfuffle the composer of their music ( not Aboriginal ) may have objected to their using it.
    Doris might have more info on the other dance thread.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    In Eurosport Olympic news they just had an interview with Domnina&Shabalin; I only heard the last moments of it. At the end the Eurosport commentator (German Eurosport) said, that "the World Champions are the favourites for the Olympic title, also because they will not show the Aboriginal OD in Vancouver".

Did I miss something? It's the first time I hear that they changed their OD, but I didn't have much time to visit the forums in the last days. Does anybody know more about it? Is it true? If it is, what is their new OD?
    I certainly hope they change it for one reason only - the way Russians are being treated these days, they'll get disqualified or something for it.

I hope they have , because Linichuk put her skaters in a very bad position with this dance, and one would hope it would be their skating that decided their outcome.

Before the competition even begins, everyone knows that their music was mostly not Australian aboriginal . Though they started out saying the dance was Australian aboriginal ,after the objections, they said it wasn't , but just an imagined , generic, any-old aboriginal dance. But that would not be within the rules set down for the OD.

The judges would not have been able to ignore all this if they wanted to claim any credibility.

So D/S would be starting out with at least 2 strikes against them before they ever took the ice..hardly fair to them.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Custom Title
    And here I was telling my husband if they perform this program and win their was going to be a epic fight in figure skating of grand proportions.

Whippet Good!
    Oh man, the message board meltdown would've been epic! And awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Oh man, the message board meltdown would've been epic! And awesome!
    I somehow don't think we're going to avoid that no matter what happens.

F2M, ..Oh, I kno-o-ow. But both the ISU and the IOC would not have been pleased . Those arguing against the inclusion of Ice Dance in the Olympics would have had a field day.

Custom Title
    In which year was Folk Dance a required OD for the last time? Do they have an old program they could go back to?

Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    I certainly hope they change it for one reason only - the way Russians are being treated these days, they'll get disqualified or something for it.
    I didn't know Plushenko competed in the pairs', womens', and ice dancing events as well.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post

Echt? I haven't heard anything about it either. I did read a funny article about D/S new OD on Mr Zamboni Man's blog, but that was just for laughs! (I hope)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    Echt? I haven't heard anything about it either. I did read a funny article about D/S new OD on Mr Zamboni Man's blog, but that was just for laughs! (I hope)
    Well as I switched off the sound during the commercial break and went to the kitchen for a moment, I only heard the last bit of it. But yes, that's what the commentator said. Tomorrow night we will know more.

I think they are exploiting a small ethnic group with a comedy when they do not know how to dance it seriously.

It may open the doors to give rise to comedies about Kurds, Hebrews, and Persians, and all those native S.Americans Are you ok with this kind of humor?