Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Chan, Stojko & other Canadians discuss the men's event

Custom Title
    I was planning to keep out of this discussion but I just can't help myself. What would one expect from Elvis but to stick up for Plushy. Elvis, himself, had no grace or musicality in his skating. He was a skate, jump.......skate, jump performer.

I have never been a big fan of Evan's skating but I am thrilled that he beat Plushy. As I expected all along, Plushy has turned out to be a "horses' patoot". That guy is the worst sportsman I can remember. He's so into himself----self righteous, pompous, arrogant and the biggest jerk I have seen in skating. He jumps like a jackhammer, has no grace, musicality. And......Evan is giving him toooo much credit calling him a "nice guy".

Message to Plushenko-------you are a disgrace to your country and humanity as a whole. Go get a life you big loser!!

Dizzy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    The comment about Johnny in the Kiss and Cry was random, but I mean he is entitled to his own opinion. It's not like he bashed Johnny's skating.
    He would have no grounds on which to bash Johnny's skating. Chan landed ONE clean 3A of 3 attempted. Johnny landed 3 beautiful, clean 3As.

And there was NO NEED to mention Johnny in the KnC. Why does he think he has the right to say what skaters should or should not do in the KnC? It's because CHan does things like that, that he winds up putting his foot squarely in his mouth.

If all the other skaters talked as negatively about Chan as he does of them, he'd be in a snit. As it is, the other skaters pay no attention to him because they don't value his opinion. To them, he's just an annoying child.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    And there was NO NEED to mention Johnny in the KnC. Why does he think he has the right to say what skaters should or should not do in the KnC? It's because CHan does things like that, that he winds up putting his foot squarely in his mouth.

It's not like Chan has good manner in KnC. I remember he cursed something like 'fxxxk...' during a Junior Worlds competition. I swear I saw this on youtube. Can somebody dig out the clips? Pls.

Custom Title
    He would have no grounds on which to bash Johnny's skating. Chan landed ONE clean 3A of 3 attempted. Johnny landed 3 beautiful, clean 3As.

If all the other skaters talked as negatively about Chan as he does of them, he'd be in a snit. As it is, the other skaters pay no attention to him because they don't value his opinion. To them, he's just an annoying child.
    They all told you this personally? You've got some serious connections.
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    I found it !!! Patrick Chan cursed in KnC at 2007 Jr. Worlds. Watch at 8:02. This brat is just so annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks1rAWOANzo
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-20-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster

Thumbs down

Chan is just an extremely boring, overrated, over-scored spoilt little brat, who obviously became "fat" from all the candies the judges gave him. However, his remarks are certainly more "interesting" than his meh skating/programmes. If he's the "future" of Men's skating, I'll quit watching it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    I found it !!! Patrick Chan cursed in KnC at 2007 Jr. Worlds. Watch at 8:02. This brat is just so annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks1rAWOANzo

!

Wow, you could see Chan's amazing potential even then. Thank you for posting it!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-20-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice View Post
    Chan is just an extremely boring, overrated, over-scored spoilt little brat, who obviously became "fat" from all the candies the judges gave him. However, his remarks are certainly more "interesting" than his meh skating/programmes. If he's the "future" of Men's skating, I'll quit watching it.
    Really, I had no idea a cute, little asian boy was capable of being so evil. I honestly don't have any problems with the kid, just seems like a normal teenager to me.

Medalist
    I will never enjoy his skating because I detest him. Funny how that works.
    But also, that weird, big-eyed look he gets before he skates is a turn-off. O.o
    Guy needs to lighten up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Eyes View Post
    Guy needs to lighten up.
    Easier said than done for an elite athlete. Being high strung is part of the job. You have to be careful about everything: what you eat, how you practice, what you do in your free time, etc. It's hard to even have fun ever because you are constantly afraid of injuring yourself. Chan likely doesn't have a social life and that's probably why it appears he's lacking in social and communication skills in these interviews. He can't act like an idiot around his friends because he never gets to see them so he acts like an idiot to reporters. That's my theory .

Custom Title
    Not funny, no, rather sad in fact.

What? That's an argument? Wow...

Guy needs to lighten up.
    The pot calling the kettle black. Just saying.

Custom Title
    Easier said than done for an elite athlete. Being high strung is part of the job. You have to be careful about everything: what you eat, how you practice, what you do in your free time, etc. It's hard to even have fun ever because you are constantly afraid of injuring yourself. Chan likely doesn't have a social life and that's probably why it appears he's lacking in social and communication skills in these interviews. He can't act like an idiot around his friends because he never gets to see them so he acts like an idiot to reporters. That's my theory .
    Lots of other skaters are his age and even younger: Florent Amodio, Denis Ten, Kevin Reynolds, Adam Rippon, Michal Brezina, etc. You don't get any sound bytes from them dissing other skaters. Rippon is a two-time World Junior Champion, JGPF Champion and 4CC Champion, and he's always upbeat and engaging. He trains just as hard as Chan does, but he hasn't let his successes go to his head the way Chan has.

Custom Title
    Lots of other skaters are his age and even younger: Florent Amodio, Denis Ten, Kevin Reynolds, Adam Rippon, Michal Brezina, etc. You don't get any sound bytes from them dissing other skaters. Rippon is a two-time World Junior Champion, JGPF Champion and 4CC Champion, and he's always upbeat and engaging. He trains just as hard as Chan does, but he hasn't let his successes go to his head the way Chan has.
    Chan's world silver is a bigger accomplishment than that of those other guys. I didn't say he wasn't cocky, I just think it's a little extreme to consider him a bad person or brat because of a few things he's said on tv.

Custom Title
    Chan's world silver is a bigger accomplishment than that of those other guys. I didn't say he wasn't cocky, I just think it's a little extreme to consider him a bad person or brat because of a few things he's said on tv.
    Lots of men have won a world medal without becoming loud-mouthed critics of other skaters.

I don't know what kind of a person Chan is, so I don't consider HIM "bad". It's his behavior that is off-putting. And it seems as if the more controversial his statements are, the more he goes out of his way to continue that bad behavior.
    Last edited by chuckm; 02-20-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Custom Title
    For once, I totally agree with Stojko. Somebody has to address this issue.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast