Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan, Stojko & other Canadians discuss the men's event

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    This kid is such an idiot it's not even funny:

"Chan said that "anyone can do the quad," insisting the jump gets too much attention and distracts from the true artistry of the sport."

1- He's right

2- You are a bitter glory hunting douche.
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-19-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Utterly ridiculous... there are some sad, bitter people on here. To these trolls: What were you doing at 19? And did that year demonstrate the peak of your maturity??
    Patrick Chan is no longer a baby although I know many still believe he is based on mother's instinct. For most female skaters, 19 yrs old almost means the end of their careers. Was Kwan spouting out these stupid and childish comments in her 19?

No wonder Chan will never be able to land a clean 3A consistently. He is just a brat.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Patrick Chan is no longer a baby although I know many still believe he is based on mother's instinct. For most female skaters, 19 yrs old almost means the end of their careers. Was Kwan spouting out these stupid and childish comments in her 19?

No wonder Chan will never be able to land a clean 3A consistently. He is just a brat.
    Wow. A credible fortune teller.

Custom Title

a little harsh no? what did he do/say that was so bratty? he just seems honest

Rinkside
    I like that Chan speaks his mind. It's rare to find such honesty these days. I don't think he said anything bratty or offensive, I think he just spoke honestly about his feelings and I commend him for that. And let's not forget that he's only 19...I think that he is very mature for his age...more than I can say for some people.

Custom Title
    So Chan can't say these things, but Plushenko has to right to bash another skater...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UM84 View Post
    So Chan can't say these things, but Plushenko has to right to bash another skater...
    The things Chan has said cannot even compare to all the moaning and complaining Plushenko has done. Apparently he tried to stand in Evan's spot on the podium because he thought he deserved to win? Glad the former Olympic gold medalist is so mature...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    The things Chan has said cannot even compare to all the moaning and complaining Plushenko has done. Apparently he tried to stand in Evan's spot on the podium because he thought he deserved to win? Glad the former Olympic gold medalist is so mature...
    Instead of just climbing onto the silver podium, he ran across all three so he could step on the gold medalist podium. And this is the guy people are crying over, if I had my way he shouldn't of got any medal. Such a bad representation of the sport and the Russia Federation!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Just because one skater does it doesn't mean another skater should. Although, in this case, I fully support the right of skaters to say whatever they want. I'll disagree with some of it, but I care more about what people do than what they say.

Banned
    Instead of just climbing onto the silver podium, he ran across all three so he could step on the gold medalist podium. And this is the guy people are crying over, if I had my way he shouldn't of got any medal. Such a bad representation of the sport and the Russia Federation!
    Because he is the true olympic champion. Evan who?

Custom Title
    Ugh, Chan is at it again:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-ska...ional+kiss+cry

Can he ever learn to keep his mouth shut. You don't have to say EVERYTHING that you're thinking. "Hey, that dude's nose is big." "I wonder if there's a sale on hot dogs at the market today." "My armpits smell."

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Ooh Patrick, you did not! Gurl you in danger. You can piss off the Plushenko and Joubert stans, but you do not want to mess with the Weir-dos. They will beat you to death with their fluffy handbags.

so he unwittingly provided fuel for those who like to stir up controversy ,and those who are wanting to dislike him ; wanting to take him in the worst possible context ; wanting an excuse to denigrate his abilities..particularly if their favourites don't shine in the same areas.
    Thank-You!

Custom Title
    That's just really funny. Patrick is at least a teenager and can get away with some angsty behavior but I'm surprised Plush did that. I still think Patrick seems like a nice kid but maybe I'm biased because I'm his age and know that most 19 year old boys are pieces of work.

Custom Title
    Because he is the true olympic champion. Evan who?
    No, because he has no respect for the Olympics

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast