Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I'm also intrigued as to why it's so offensive that Dom/Shab have done an OD inspired by Aboriginal folk (notice it doesn't say Australian folk and they say they took inspiration from a number of Aboriginal cultures) and yet there is no offense when the Americans choose to be influenced by Bollywood and the Indian dance tradition which isn't their own?

This is a serious question by the way. Are people reacting to the fact the Australian Aboriginal culture were offended and, if they hadn't, would anyone else have said anything at all other than it was a bizarre choice for a style of dance in the first place?

I beilieve the problem is that Dom/Shab's interpretation was deemed offensive while D/W's was not. It's not that they used a dance from another culture, it's how they chose to interpret it.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wow, that was really great! I don't remember caring as much for V/M's OD when I first saw it on Youtube, but I loved it tonight. Spectacular! They are really bringing it!

Alatariel

On the Ice
Well, I said it after DomShabs, the judges pushed them all up.

Good judging tonight and two bloody brilliant ODs!

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Huge score and push for Virtue/Moir. Why do I have the feeling that V/M may actually win the gold over D/W....Their adagietto is superior to D/W POTO in every sense.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The chances at an all-NA ice dancing podium are looking higher and higher now.

Belbin and Agosto do have some pretty good speed in this program.

prettykeys

Medalist
I've never seen Twilight, but does anyone think Tessa Virtue looks a bit like the girl who plays Bella?

Face2Mac

On the Ice
B/A can't go in first. I don't see with their program. But I can see 3rd, It's fast.

I really think the Russians did themselves in with arrogance, plus their skating and program.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I've never seen Twilight, but does anyone think Tessa Virtue looks a bit like the girl who plays Bella?

NOO!!! Tessa can never look like the tired and poor excuse called Kristin Stewart....**cringes** She absolutely ruins the movie.