Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

missysays

On the Ice
The distance between V/M and D/W is a nice cushion of 2.6. Unless, there's a major wipeout I think V/M's got the gold.

If all skate well, it'll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd place on the podium. Some of the suspense has been taken out of tomorrow night though in my opinion.

Everyone skated really well. Even though their OD is not my favorite, I thought B/A skated really well tonight too.

kyla2

Final Flight
I agree with those that think Belbin and Agosto have "old" programs. It isn't their skating that is the problem, it's the programs. They are both very gifted but whoever is designing their programs needs to do a better job. I think one of the top three placements would have to have a significant bobble in their free skate for B and A to have a shot at the podium.

Face2Mac

On the Ice
No. B/A are becoming the sacrificial lambs. Can't believe D/S' hot mess is beating B/A's program.

I agree. It still more successful that D/S progam, so much that is .34 points down. But I still believe the podium is set, they are not letting B/A take a 3 point lead, and everyone knows it.

I can't fault any of the placements -- but I thought Delobel and Schoenfelder were great, too. I wish there were a few more places available on the podium.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Well this shows that no matter how hard you want to politik a team, when you have competition that is just head and shoulders superior , its a hopeless endeavour.

HOwever, while the top 2 deserved their praise, there was really bad judging for the rest of the top ten.. BelbinAgosto deserved 3rd of the night and by 2-3 points ahead of DomShabs who were totally overated.DelSchoes, KhokNov way undermarked.. and they were too generous with the Kerrs and PechBourzat.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
:( !!!!! I am so hating that Tanith and Ben switched to Linichuck. Their skating may have gotten better, but it's obvious that their coach has no problem tossing them under the bus in favor of a far inferior team. They didn't even have a fighting chance. I hate hate hate hate hate that there is no one to speak up on their behalf, especially in a sport that is SO political.

I hate ice dancing right now; hate it hate it. :(

aurora100

Final Flight
No. B/A are becoming the sacrificial lambs. Can't believe D/S' hot mess is beating B/A's program.

B/A is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography not the D/S' hot mess. D/S is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography too. Both teams have not been given the right vehicles. They are both better skaters than what Linichuk gave them for this Olympic year.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
For a while, I've considered Virtue/Moir by far, the best ice dancing team competing right now. Glad to see everybody else catching on. :biggrin: That was some awesome skating!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
The distance between V/M and D/W is a nice cushion of 2.6. Unless, there's a major wipeout I think V/M's got the gold.

If all skate well, it'll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd place on the podium. Some of the suspense has been taken out of tomorrow night though in my opinion.

Everyone skated really well. Even though their OD is not my favorite, I thought B/A skated really well tonight too.

I agree. V/M have a much better FD than D/W. If they skate well, I'm sure they'll win the gold I still can't believe D/W stuck with the Phantom programme for an Olympic season!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I thought, Belbin and Agosto spent some time skating by the short sides of the rink, I didn't get that part of the choreo. It somehat killed their speed, imo.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
I just saw the scores and came here to see if Virtue and Moir were given extra home ice points, but judging from the reactions of everyone here, I guess they skated one heck of a program tonight!
Congratulations to them!

Normally I would root for one of the Americans, but given how things have transpired for Canada in these games overall.... I wish Virtue and Moir the best.
(They even lost a freaking hockey game to USA tonight!!!)

My Prediction
1) V/M
2) D/W
3) B/A
(North America Sweep!)

Will enjoy the OD on tape delay later tonight stress-free.

mhu714

On the Ice
The top 2 are where they belong, but there's no way B&A should be in 4th after that perf by Dom/Sha. B&A may not be as good as Dom/Sha in some respects but I thought they were better tonight. the judges obviously did not.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Anyone who thinks this isn't a sport should watch V/M and D/W back-to-back. I'm so happy right now - they laid it down and were rewarded for it. So happy.

This is why I watch figure skating. Screw the controversies. Dump the cold war rhetoric, the "wasrobbed" cries, the fanbots, the judges, the media.... This was athletic skating full of artistry at it's finest. Just joyous, intense skating. The fact that it was rewarded.... oh, I'm in love right now.

I can't wait until tomorrow.

Diva

On the Ice
B/A is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography not the D/S' hot mess. D/S is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography too. Both teams have not been given the right vehicles. They are both better skaters than what Linichuk gave them for this Olympic year.

Absolutely agree, with the right programs they both could match with V&M and D&W, they all have great technical abilities.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Loved V/M OD. They deserve first place. I really did not think that they could catch D/W but they rocked.