Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

aurora100

Final Flight
I don't think D/S's problem is the costume, which is bad. Their skating is bad. far apart and very slow, especially in circular steps, they were almost in slow mo.

Face2Mac

On the Ice
Omg, omg, omg, omg

This thing is rigged. What do they think people aren't watching.

There is a war brewing

caelicola

Spectator
The first bit of the Italian's music is horrible (sorry to the Italians out there), feels really disjointed and I don't get what they're doing with the ribbons. Liked their ending though, Robin Cousin said they're consistent and smooth but no wow factor.

Sorry for intruding, I'm Italian so maybe I can shed some light. The first part of the music, called "Tammurriata Nera" is a song written in 1944 by E. A. Mario and Eduardo Nicolardi, and it's about a woman giving birth to a black child (the "Nera" part) concieved with an American soldier, and overcoming prejudice with the strenght of her maternal love. It's all sung by a sort of ironic greek chorus. Faiella and Scali tell a different story, though, where he tries his best to seduce her but she keeps rejecting him.
The ribbons are actually "castagnole", castanets, traditonal "props" in Italian folk dancing.
Sorry for the longwinded history lesson.

flossiebebe

Rinkside
This dance was just weird.....no matter how well it was done! Whatever possessed them to bring this dance to Canada of all places

Cadiva

On the Ice
Have to say the Russian OD does nothing for me but it's very technical and Robin Cousins has commented that it's very well done, excellent twizzles and great steps but he doesn't, personally, like it because he doesn't think it actually shows off their skills as well as a different interpretation could. He said it was a characterisation not inspired by the character of a folk dance.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
D/S massively overscored. Surely, if the judges are looking to prop up a team, they'd at least pick one that was competent?

ARipp42014

Medalist
Dom/Shabs TES breakdown:

Sequential Twizzle 4 6.50 0.90 7.40
Midl. Not Touch. Step Seq. 3 7.00 1.00 8.00
Circular Step Seq. 3 7.20 1.40 8.60
Straight Line Lift 4 5.00 0.80 5.80
Lift + TRANS 0.00 0.00 0.00
TES: 25.70 PCS: 29.80

How some are a level 4 is beyond me!

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Sorry for intruding, I'm Italian so maybe I can shed some light. The first part of the music, called "Tammurriata Nera" is a song written in 1944 by E. A. Mario and Eduardo Nicolardi, and it's about a woman giving birth to a black child (the "Nera" part) concieved with an American soldier, and overcoming prejudice with the strenght of her maternal love. It's all sung by a sort of ironic greek chorus. Faiella and Scali tell a different story, though, where he tries his best to seduce her but she keeps rejecting him.
The ribbons are actually "castagnole", castanets, traditonal "props" in Italian folk dancing.
Sorry for the longwinded history lesson.

That's interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
What are those things on his knees? Cause of the injury?

He used to wear a brace on one of his knees. Not both of his knees are injured, iirc. I thought the costumes covered that, I couldn't see it today.

seniorita

Record Breaker
is anyone watching french eurosport, they REALLy didnt like the aboriginal program , kept rummbling throughtout the whole dance , lol!