Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

Custom Title
    The distance between V/M and D/W is a nice cushion of 2.6. Unless, there's a major wipeout I think V/M's got the gold.

If all skate well, it'll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd place on the podium. Some of the suspense has been taken out of tomorrow night though in my opinion.

Everyone skated really well. Even though their OD is not my favorite, I thought B/A skated really well tonight too.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    So, DelShoes haven't made the last FD group.

Custom Title
    I agree with those that think Belbin and Agosto have "old" programs. It isn't their skating that is the problem, it's the programs. They are both very gifted but whoever is designing their programs needs to do a better job. I think one of the top three placements would have to have a significant bobble in their free skate for B and A to have a shot at the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    No. B/A are becoming the sacrificial lambs. Can't believe D/S' hot mess is beating B/A's program.
    I agree. It still more successful that D/S progam, so much that is .34 points down. But I still believe the podium is set, they are not letting B/A take a 3 point lead, and everyone knows it.

Custom Title
    No. B/A are becoming the sacrificial lambs. Can't believe D/S' hot mess is beating B/A's program.
    Somehow I think that B&A, K&N and C&P are some kind of sacrificial lambs

I can't fault any of the placements -- but I thought Delobel and Schoenfelder were great, too. I wish there were a few more places available on the podium.

Tanith and Ben should've been 3rd.

Custom Title
    Well this shows that no matter how hard you want to politik a team, when you have competition that is just head and shoulders superior , its a hopeless endeavour.

HOwever, while the top 2 deserved their praise, there was really bad judging for the rest of the top ten.. BelbinAgosto deserved 3rd of the night and by 2-3 points ahead of DomShabs who were totally overated.DelSchoes, KhokNov way undermarked.. and they were too generous with the Kerrs and PechBourzat.

:( !!!!! I am so hating that Tanith and Ben switched to Linichuck. Their skating may have gotten better, but it's obvious that their coach has no problem tossing them under the bus in favor of a far inferior team. They didn't even have a fighting chance. I hate hate hate hate hate that there is no one to speak up on their behalf, especially in a sport that is SO political.

I hate ice dancing right now; hate it hate it. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    Somehow I think that B&A, K&N and C&P are some kind of sacrificial lambs
    Sadly I agree oh and CappelliniLanotte too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Tanith and Ben should've been 3rd.

Agreed.

Custom Title
    B/A is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography not the D/S' hot mess. D/S is being affected by poor coaching and poor choreography too. Both teams have not been given the right vehicles. They are both better skaters than what Linichuk gave them for this Olympic year.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    For a while, I've considered Virtue/Moir by far, the best ice dancing team competing right now. Glad to see everybody else catching on. That was some awesome skating!

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    The distance between V/M and D/W is a nice cushion of 2.6. Unless, there's a major wipeout I think V/M's got the gold.

If all skate well, it'll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd place on the podium. Some of the suspense has been taken out of tomorrow night though in my opinion.

Everyone skated really well. Even though their OD is not my favorite, I thought B/A skated really well tonight too.
    I agree. V/M have a much better FD than D/W. If they skate well, I'm sure they'll win the gold I still can't believe D/W stuck with the Phantom programme for an Olympic season!

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I thought, Belbin and Agosto spent some time skating by the short sides of the rink, I didn't get that part of the choreo. It somehat killed their speed, imo.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast