Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event

nastasi1212

Rinkside
Essentially what you're saying is because he's used to getting his way (ie: winning) his juvenile behaviour when he doesn't (ie: loses) is justified. That's behaviour you try to curb in a four year old. He won silver. He acted out because it wasn't gold. You can argue that the system sucks for working against such a strong athlete (and I don't deny that he's an incredible athlete - but I prefer Shen/Zhao if we're talking about three-peaters, Yagudin if we're talking about awesome figure skaters, and Takahashi/Lambiel/Chan et al if we're talking current figure skaters). You can't argue that someone who's lost to Emmanuel Sandhu on a technicality (GPF in 2003/4?) doesn't know how to act when the chips don't go his way. It doesn't compute.

His behaviour isn't becoming an Olympian, let alone one who has scaled the heights of his/her sport.

I totally disagree.

janetfan

Match Penalty
His behaviour isn't becoming an Olympian, let alone one who has scaled the heights of his/her sport.

ITA - but let's face it, only Kati was better at blowing kisses to the judges. :laugh:

Now I recommend he studes the CoP rule book and for pete's sake can't some of his fans scrape up a few bucks so Plushy can take a few Tango lessons. :biggrin:

I heard Argentina is thinking of filing a protest because they say Plushy has mocked their Natl dance ;)

All NA people and media pushed Abbott for favourite and claimed Lysacek was a talentless skater, and all of a sudden he became the one and only all-rounded skater?

Forums were full of people bashing Lysacek and suddenly he is everyone's favourite...

This is very hypocritical...

I don't think people are being hypocritical. The people who bashed Lysacek before are still bashing him (stiff, unmusical, no quad, shaky triple Axel -- although that last one is improved this year-- phony macho posturing.) The people who liked Abbott like him still (but they are a little bit sad and quiet at the moments because he did not skate well.)

U.S. fans who preferred Johnny Weir to Lysacek still prefer Weir and think he should have placed higher than sixth.

Evan's many fans, on the other hand, are naturally thrilled for him and should be forgiven a "YE-HAW!" or two.

As for the U.S. news and entertainment media, it is their job to wave the flag as vigorously as possible and to try to look under every rock for some trace of controversy or for someone to make a villain out of. Hey, it seems to be working. NBC television just reported that it beat "American Idol" in the ratings on Thursday, marking the first time anyone has beat "Idol" at any time slot in six years. ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I ll pass the whole thread because i dont have a strong stomach but i want to say this

Plushy even if you are still sad, please stop giving food to media, wear a gold dress, skate in Gala to fields of Gold and do a backflip.

PS. By the same token, I am not in the least upset over Plushenko's responses. He made a good-humored joke by stepping on the top step of the podium, and he later he reiterated his opinion about the value of the quad in men's figure skating.

As for believing that he deserved to win, every second-place finisher in the history of sports thinks that. :yes:

seniorita

Record Breaker
PS. By the same token, I am not in the least upset over Plushenko's responses. He made a good-humored joke by stepping on the top step of the podium, and he later he reiterated his opinion about the value of the quad in men's figure skating.

As for believing that he deserved to win, every second-place finisher in the history of sports thinks that. :yes:
Since friday I m wishing Dai had landed the quad and had beaten both. Not because of Evan or Plush and who should win, but because it would have been a much brighter day for all. This one point something in CoP was the cherry, I blame mathematics :p Really it would be better if Evan ahd won Plush by ten points, it would save much frustration from all sides.
(i kid..try to at least)

I know you would like my proposal MM!

Plush would be sexy in gold dress by the way :eek:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Well I dont like sex bomb anymore but at least he would wear something gold.
Maybe he should use the one GPF michael jackson costume where he was wrapped all gold from head to toe and looked like a christmas ball?

Vash01

Medalist
PLushu was first under CoP in 2006 with personal best! Why do you have such short memory??

All NA people and media pushed Abbott for favourite and claimed Lysacek was a talentless skater, and all of a sudden he became the one and only all-rounded skater?

Forums were full of people bashing Lysacek and suddenly he is everyone's favourite...
This is very hypocritical...

I noticed that too. It happens in many sports. There are bandwagon fans once someone wins a championship.

bibi24

Final Flight
I ll pass the whole thread because i dont have a strong stomach but i want to say this

Plushy even if you are still sad, please stop giving food to media, wear a gold dress, skate in Gala to fields of Gold and do a backflip.

PLushenko has done a back flip before ??????

Nadine

Record Breaker
janetfan, do you have the link please!?! thanks!

Also, I haven't officially read that Evgeni will go to Worlds, do you have a link that says he will?

lol, seems like GS has been down quite a while, now I come back & see all the many threads & posts. :thumbsup:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since friday I m wishing Dai had landed the quad and had beaten both. Not because of Evan or Plush and who should win, but because it would have been a much brighter day for all.

I agree! Then we really would have an athletically and artistically well-balanced Olympic champion. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. :frown:

I just want all the bickering and controversy to be done with. Life is much larger than an Olympic Games!

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plush has been ambassador for Sochi since when the bidding was on, he had the best of fun in Guatemala between bananas and palm trees. :D

I m not sure how i feel about him going to worlds, I have tickets for worlds long ago without knowning if he will go there, but right now i wish he would go to torino for a pizza instead. I reaaly have a limit of frustration per year and it went red this week.
Are heart attacks often at 20s?

Alatariel

On the Ice
Of course he should go to the Worlds and put his money where his mouth is.

Again - he lost the darn thing himself, all other bs aside. If he had jumped the triple combo clean, if he had the second quad, none of this would have happened. I still think he can't actually do a two quad program at the moment. Whether this is due to his age or he simply didn't leave enough time for himself plus that injury is anybody's guess and probably known only to Plushenko, Mishin and a few choice other people.