Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nastasi1212 View Post
    plushu was first under cop in 2006 with personal best! Why do you have such short memory??

All na people and media pushed abbott for favourite and claimed lysacek was a talentless skater, and all of a sudden he became the one and only all-rounded skater?

Forums were full of people bashing lysacek and suddenly he is everyone's favourite...
    This is very hypocritical...
    ita!

Custom Title
    Host: Thank you for honoring us with your presence in this interview, Mr. Plushenko.

Plushenko: I agree that it is a great honor for you.

H: Mr. Plushenko, you surprised everyone by deciding to take on professional boxing. Why did you do that again?

P: The sport I used to do before, there is not enough competition in it. It's not men figure skating, it is woman skating.

H: So you've beaten by a woman in your last Olympics?

P: No it was a man but he did not do the most difficult jump. The quad. I did it.

H: I had no idea figure skating is judged only on one jump.

P: No, you have two programs, you jump many different jump, spins, you dance, you entertain.

H: So how do you know who wins?

P: Judges decide who wins.

H: How do they do that?

P: They look and give points. Quad is worth most points. I did the quad.

H: And yet you did not win. Why is that?

P: Rules don't give enough points for quad.

H: May I see those rules (host being handed rule book, flips through it) Well there appears to be in here many other way to get points. Other jumps, spins, transitions, choreography... Your last Olympics, did you do well in those elements?

P: Not necessary, I did quad.

H: But there is more to the sport than that, it is right there in the rules...

P: I DID QUAD

H: OK...Back to tonight's fight. You started the night standing still, then did some flailing with your arms, blew kisses to the judges, did an impressive quad and then got knocked out by the first punch. What have you learned from this loss?

P: Loss? What you mean? I won the fight.

H: No, you have lost, unable to finish the fight, you lost.

P: Did the other guy do the quad?

H: Let's ask him, he's right beside you. Mr. Klitschko, did you do the quad?

K: What? No...

P: Haha!!! See, he did not do quad. He not real champion. It's like woman boxing. I did quad, I won the fight.

K: Did you just call me a woman?

P: No quad, it's like ice dancing! I did quad. You dance like a woma.. (K knocks out P in one punch.)

H: Well that was a nice punch. Mr. Klitschko, you have won a second time.

(Klitschko blows kisses to the host)

(the end)

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Pure insult to a great athlete!
    (I added the quote because I love the ! at the end.)
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-21-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot one of those: ?

Host: Thank you for honoring us with your presence in this interview, Mr. Plushenko.

H: Mr. Plushenko, you surprised everyone by deciding to take on professional boxing. Why did you do that again?

P: The sport I used to do before, there is not enough competition in it. It's not men figure skating, it is woman skating.

P: No it was a man but he did not do the most difficult jump. The quad. I did it.

P: No, you have two programs, you jump many different jump, spins, you dance, you entertain.

H: May I see those rules (host being handed rule book, flips through it) Well there appears to be in here many other way to get points. Other jumps, spins, transitions, choreography... Your last Olympics, did you do well in those elements.

H: OK...Back to tonight's fight. You started the night standing still, then did some flailing with your arms, blew kisses to the judges, did an impressive quad and then got knocked out by the first punch. What have you learned from this loss?

P: Haha!!! See, he did not do quad. He not real champion. It's like woman boxing. I did quad, I won the fight.

P: No quad, it's like ice dancing! I did quad. You dance like a woma.. (K punches P in one punch. P knocked out)

(the end)
    Whew. My sides hurt.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post

H: May I see those rules (host being handed rule book, flips through it) Well there appears to be in here many other way to get points. Other jumps, spins, transitions, choreography... Your last Olympics, did you do well in those elements.

P: No quad, it's like ice dancing! I did quad. You dance like a woma.. (K punches P in one punch. P knocked out)

(the end)
    You forgot one part:

H: In the 2006 Olympics you won the gold.

P: Yes, I did Quad

H: Did the other guy.

P: Well, uh, um, yea that Buttle guy, he did 2 quads.

H: And you did one and you beat him.

P: Yea I won gold but my other jumps and skills were better.

H I see, now I understand, makes perfect sense
    Last edited by gfskater; 02-21-2010 at 01:10 PM.

On the Ice

H: May I see those rules (host being handed rule book, flips through it) Well there appears to be in here many other way to get points. Other jumps, spins, transitions, choreography... Your last Olympics, did you do well in those elements?

P: No quad, it's like ice dancing! I did quad. You dance like a woma.. (K knocks out P in one punch.)

(the end)
    With this tasteless post, IMHO you are discrediting a great champion and of course yourself as a figure skating fan.
    WHatever you say you can not persuade us that Evan, the utterly ungraceful skater, has better artistry than Evgeni or that Evgeni is only about the quad.
    I feel sorry for you.

Custom Title

(the end)
    Pure insult to a great athlete!

Quote Originally Posted by gfskater View Post
    You forgot one part:

H: In the 2006 Olympics you won the gold.

P: Yes, I did Quad

H: Did the other guy.

P: Well, uh, um, yea that Buttle guy, he did 2 quads.

H: And you did one and you beat him.

P: Yea I won gold but my other jumps and skills were better.

H I see, now I understand, makes perfect sense
    Go and get your fact straight before you say anything! Your post was the same as the above one.

On the Ice
    Plushenko is not only about the quad.
    He has charisma, command on ice dynamic presence
    excellent footwork,
    good (not the best) spins,
    and overall suberb skating skills
    not to mention a to die for jumping ability
    and a unique ability to save all the jumps
    that's it whether you like it or not
    and dont forget
    3 time world champion
    6 time european champion
    1 olympic champion
    2 silver medallist in olympics
    countless other titles and medals
    you should be ashamed, but i guess jealousy is a bad feeling

Custom Title
    Plushenko is not only about the quad.
    He has charisma, command on ice dynamic presence
    excellent footwork,
    good (not the best) spins,
    and overall suberb skating skills
    not to mention a to die for jumping ability
    and a unique ability to save all the jumps
    that's it whether you like it or not
    and dont forget
    3 time world champion
    6 time european champion
    1 olympic champion
    2 silver medallist in olympics
    countless other titles and medals
    you should be ashamed, but i guess jealousy is a bad feeling
    After these Olympics, he's also about being a sore loser who skated badly to a badly conceived program and yet was awarded silver anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by um84 View Post
    i have merged all threads commenting on interviews by russian skaters or officials on the men's event into this thread. This was done because the discussion had split into 4 or 5 different threads, making the board too fragmented. Doris p
    thank you.

Custom Title
    After these Olympics, he's also about being a sore loser who skated badly to a badly conceived program and yet was awarded silver anyway.
    you cannot deny all his other achievements... wouldn't have been the rivalry between him and yagudin, what would have been fs?

and then, it's not that he clearly lost for let's say about 10 points...he lost for only 1.31 points, it means that a + on some of his jumps (both in SP, when they're way better, or in LP) would have made the difference.
    evan didn't clearly dominate the field, otherwise we wouldn't be speaking about it so much...evan did a good CoP program, and won the OGM because he had a more strategic program. evgeni had a less CoP friendly program, but did an amazing jump layout and also sufficiently good other elements. the difference was not so clear since before plushenko's results were announced nobody was really sure of who's gonna be the winner.

compliments to the new OGM, but compliments also to the silver medallist for giving a strong comeback and to both for the great fight!

On the Ice
    maybe he is just not used in losing like some others...

Custom Title
    Really? This is an argument you're gonna put forward among adults?

On the Ice
    I firmly believe so

Custom Title
    That is one very convincing argument right there.

Well done.

Custom Title
    I firmly believe so
    Essentially what you're saying is because he's used to getting his way (ie: winning) his juvenile behaviour when he doesn't (ie: loses) is justified. That's behaviour you try to curb in a four year old. He won silver. He acted out because it wasn't gold. You can argue that the system sucks for working against such a strong athlete (and I don't deny that he's an incredible athlete - but I prefer Shen/Zhao if we're talking about three-peaters, Yagudin if we're talking about awesome figure skaters, and Takahashi/Lambiel/Chan et al if we're talking current figure skaters). You can't argue that someone who's lost to Emmanuel Sandhu on a technicality (GPF in 2003/4?) doesn't know how to act when the chips don't go his way. It doesn't compute.

His behaviour isn't becoming an Olympian, let alone one who has scaled the heights of his/her sport.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast