Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Essentially what you're saying is because he's used to getting his way (ie: winning) his juvenile behaviour when he doesn't (ie: loses) is justified. That's behaviour you try to curb in a four year old. He won silver. He acted out because it wasn't gold. You can argue that the system sucks for working against such a strong athlete (and I don't deny that he's an incredible athlete - but I prefer Shen/Zhao if we're talking about three-peaters, Yagudin if we're talking about awesome figure skaters, and Takahashi/Lambiel/Chan et al if we're talking current figure skaters). You can't argue that someone who's lost to Emmanuel Sandhu on a technicality (GPF in 2003/4?) doesn't know how to act when the chips don't go his way. It doesn't compute.

His behaviour isn't becoming an Olympian, let alone one who has scaled the heights of his/her sport.
    I totally disagree.

Custom Title
    Then explain how his behaviour is sporting, fair and justified.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    His behaviour isn't becoming an Olympian, let alone one who has scaled the heights of his/her sport.
    ITA - but let's face it, only Kati was better at blowing kisses to the judges.

Now I recommend he studes the CoP rule book and for pete's sake can't some of his fans scrape up a few bucks so Plushy can take a few Tango lessons.

I heard Argentina is thinking of filing a protest because they say Plushy has mocked their Natl dance

Quote Originally Posted by nastasi1212 View Post
    All NA people and media pushed Abbott for favourite and claimed Lysacek was a talentless skater, and all of a sudden he became the one and only all-rounded skater?

Forums were full of people bashing Lysacek and suddenly he is everyone's favourite...

This is very hypocritical...
    I don't think people are being hypocritical. The people who bashed Lysacek before are still bashing him (stiff, unmusical, no quad, shaky triple Axel -- although that last one is improved this year-- phony macho posturing.) The people who liked Abbott like him still (but they are a little bit sad and quiet at the moments because he did not skate well.)

U.S. fans who preferred Johnny Weir to Lysacek still prefer Weir and think he should have placed higher than sixth.

Evan's many fans, on the other hand, are naturally thrilled for him and should be forgiven a "YE-HAW!" or two.

As for the U.S. news and entertainment media, it is their job to wave the flag as vigorously as possible and to try to look under every rock for some trace of controversy or for someone to make a villain out of. Hey, it seems to be working. NBC television just reported that it beat "American Idol" in the ratings on Thursday, marking the first time anyone has beat "Idol" at any time slot in six years.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I ll pass the whole thread because i dont have a strong stomach but i want to say this

Plushy even if you are still sad, please stop giving food to media, wear a gold dress, skate in Gala to fields of Gold and do a backflip.

PS. By the same token, I am not in the least upset over Plushenko's responses. He made a good-humored joke by stepping on the top step of the podium, and he later he reiterated his opinion about the value of the quad in men's figure skating.

As for believing that he deserved to win, every second-place finisher in the history of sports thinks that.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ...wear a gold dress, skate in Gala to Fields of Gold...
    Seriously! That would be the greatest show of spirit of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    PS. By the same token, I am not in the least upset over Plushenko's responses. He made a good-humored joke by stepping on the top step of the podium, and he later he reiterated his opinion about the value of the quad in men's figure skating.

As for believing that he deserved to win, every second-place finisher in the history of sports thinks that.
    Since friday I m wishing Dai had landed the quad and had beaten both. Not because of Evan or Plush and who should win, but because it would have been a much brighter day for all. This one point something in CoP was the cherry, I blame mathematics Really it would be better if Evan ahd won Plush by ten points, it would save much frustration from all sides.
    (i kid..try to at least)

I know you would like my proposal MM!

Plush would be sexy in gold dress by the way :o

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Plushy even if you are still sad, please stop giving food to media, wear a gold dress, skate in Gala to fields of Gold and do a backflip.
    Maybe he'll revive his Sex Bomb program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS8xpgq-7w

Well I dont like sex bomb anymore but at least he would wear something gold.
    Maybe he should use the one GPF michael jackson costume where he was wrapped all gold from head to toe and looked like a christmas ball?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nastasi1212 View Post
    PLushu was first under CoP in 2006 with personal best! Why do you have such short memory??

All NA people and media pushed Abbott for favourite and claimed Lysacek was a talentless skater, and all of a sudden he became the one and only all-rounded skater?

Forums were full of people bashing Lysacek and suddenly he is everyone's favourite...
    This is very hypocritical...
    I noticed that too. It happens in many sports. There are bandwagon fans once someone wins a championship.

Custom Title
    I ll pass the whole thread because i dont have a strong stomach but i want to say this

PLushenko has done a back flip before ??????

No, but neither has he worn a gold dress

Custom Title
    No, but neither has he worn a gold dress
    lol I have that picture in my mind now, that would be AWESOME haha :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Maybe he'll revive his Sex Bomb program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS8xpgq-7w
    As long as it isn't "Baby Sex Bomb' he can do anything he wants

I just read Plushy has been named by Russia as an ambassador for the 2014 games.
    A good choice as he is one of the best known Russian athletes and I am sure he will represent his country well.

Good luck at Worlds to Plushy.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast