Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event

Custom Title
    Didn't Yagudin do 2 quads and one triple axle in 2002?

Custom Title
    I have to say that PLusheno came across with a great sense of humour. He said he had worked on his 2nd mark since Europeans. He acknowledged that the other skaters are good.
    I think that he was trying to say that the quad should be a bench mark in mens skating. As well he did question one of Evans triple axels when he was questioned about his wonky landings. I think he was justified in saying this .
    I feel Evan should have won but this is a discussion that should be allowed to happen.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Ciquanta gave the interview between sp and lp, which sorry, I found what he said before the competition was over outrageous. He should have said anythign after Lp. Since when Speedy cares about fs and the quad? Anyway my prob was that he spoke before competition was over and refered personnaly to Plushenko , not the system. Speaking about a skater when he is competing, sorry this was sick.

Chan himself yesterday said that the quad is a whole other preparation to put it an program and you need to take a lot out. Paul Willie also. I dont think it is the only element but I dont also think it is a 5 second deal. Plushenko maybe thought his spins and footwork were good because he got level 4 and level 3 there, and almost all year in competitions? I m tired, there is no winner on this.

Custom Title

Plushenko is so full of himself it is disgusting

Now my respect for Plushenko just went away again. Plushenko is so full of himself it is disgusting. He really is arrogant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHjvG-nEEfo

You lost Evgeni. You and your coaches knew the rules and did not create a winning program. You performed less jumps than Evan. You front loaded you program. Your spins were lower level and your footwork was not level 4. You lost and deserved to lose! You behavior after the event is an embarrassment to the sport. I think you have made a lot more "enemies"

I hope the women are better behaved.

Custom Title
    Your thread title is disgusting!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Did you watch the video?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gfskater View Post
    Now my respect for Plushenko just went away again. Plushenko is so full of himself it is disgusting. He really is arrogant.

He is arrogant because he does have the goodies - quads. Boys need to start landing quads before they feign their 'outrage' over Plushenko's 'unsportsmanship'.

Quadless world and Olympic champions won't get much respect in figure skating history. Who still remembers Jeffrey Buttle?

Custom Title
    Raises hand.

Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Who still remembers Jeffrey Buttle?
    well obviously you do or you'd not mention him by name and I certainly do

only those with incredibly bad memories would have a hard time remembering a skater who's only been retired for a couple of years.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Nothing disgusting about it. What an odd thing to say. I was expecting he'd said who knows what.

Though the comments could be called disgusting, I just glanced and well ...

Oh yes, btw, what on earth does the - I hope the women are better behaved - mean?! It could be construed that you just said something rather disgusting...
    Last edited by Alatariel; 02-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    He is arrogant because he does have the goodies - quads. Boys need to start landing quads before they feign their 'outrage' over Plushenko's 'unsportsmanship'.

Quadless world and Olympic champions won't get much respect in figure skating history. Who still remembers Jeffrey Buttle?
    Plushenko was handsomely rewarded for doing a quad! He received the points for the quad and was even given a bonus for that jump. The problem for him is that there are 12 jumps in freeskate program not just one! Add up the rest of the points and he looses.

On the Ice
    I've seen some really good ideas here.
    I have to say it's important to note that EVERY country roots for their athletes when they comment during the performances. I am an American who lives in Europe now and it is the same here as in the states as far as the enthusiasm for their countrymen. One expects that during the Olympics.
    What I don't like is the overt favoritism of a Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic. I do not enjoy listening to them broadcast a competition. To be honest I miss Dick Button in his heydey years. I think he was quite objective and fair. He likes good skating, no matter who it is. He will tell you what he really thinks - American, European, Asian, etc. It doesn't matter.
    As far as the Russians and Americans, well we are both historically powerhouse nations in skating that continue dominance and top 10 finishes (this year all 3 americans). Of COURSE we have attitudes because of this. it's just all smack-talk like any sport. it adds spice!

They can say whatever they like about each other, but just like Debi Thomas got criticism for not shaking KW's hand at the podium, and Surya refusing to take her silver medal in 1993, I think it was a little bit wrong that Plushenko went up to the 1st place spot on the podium. It was an obvious slight and not the place to do it. The results were in. If you don't plan on filing a formal petition, then take your medal graciously and move on. Sometimes the system works in your favor and sometimes it doesn't. It all is a wash at the end of the day, on the whole.

On the Ice
    Disgusting? You call the fact that he is saying what he is thinking disgusting?
    What I call disgusting is the attitude of the mass replying to this.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuusik View Post
    Disgusting? You call the fact that he is saying what he is thinking disgusting?
    What I call disgusting is the attitude of the mass replying to this.
    Did you see those comments?! I just glanced at the first page and clicked x. Dear lord. Not a good advertisement for the Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    No, it's dead on!!

Only someone as arrogant as Plushy would say in an interview that his spins and footwork were good. I don't think so...

Some friends of mine have always wondered why I don't call either him or Elvis "champions". Well, there's more to being a Champion than winning titles and spinning four times in the air. There's also your off ice behaviour. These same friends of mine, they've all contacted me over the last 48 hrs to say they now understand why I call the two of them many times over World Title Holders, and in Plushy's case, Olympic Title Holder.

The sad thing is, they truly believe what they're saying is true. They don't realize the crap they're slinging is giving the sport a blacker eye than anything that happened the other night.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast