Questions about flowers/stuffies throwing on the ice | Golden Skate

Questions about flowers/stuffies throwing on the ice

jayjayjayyy

Rinkside
Does anyone knows if the audiences are allowed to throw flowers and stuffies onto the ice after skaters' performance?
By the way, does anyone know if we can get skaters' autographs like during the practice sessions?

Thanks in advance!

:D

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yep, me & my 12 yr. old baby niece were allowed to do so without problem. Just remember that everything has to be completely wrapped so no debris gets on the ice, and also everyone is allowed to bring one bag into the arena, just big enough to put underneath your seat/chair. Lol, my niece's bag was literally stuffed to the brim with three plush toys & another gift from myself to Evgeni. :love:

Regards autographs, I don't know, we didn't try to get any. And nobody else did either. This is the Olympics, the skaters are totally focused on their jumps & their programs. No way. But maybe afterwards?

jayjayjayyy

Rinkside
Yep, me & my 12 yr. old baby niece were allowed to do so without problem. Just remember that everything has to be completely wrapped so no debris gets on the ice, and also everyone is allowed to bring one bag into the arena, just big enough to put underneath your seat/chair. Lol, my niece's bag was literally stuffed to the brim with three plush toys & another gift from myself to Evgeni. :love:

Regards autographs, I don't know, we didn't try to get any. And nobody else did either. This is the Olympics, the skaters are totally focused on their jumps & their programs. No way. But maybe afterwards?

Thanks for replying! :D
Btw do you know is there limitation of the size of the plush toys? :p

As for the autographs, yes I mean after they finished their sessions :p Will they stay a bit longer to sign for their fans? :p
Sorry if I asked too much:p

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry for not answering your question earlier on today, I only now noticed it. :)

Lol about the size of the plush toys, I totally understand you there, as we wanted to buy our favorites the biggest & baddest ones! *wink*

Seriously, the seats in the coliseum are unusually small, nothing like theater/airplane/train/automobile/office chair seats, so I give you fair warning, as your one big bag must be able to fit underneath your seat, thus I would say any stuffed toy over 24" is a bit too much, but you could try, also such a toy would only allow you to throw one onto the ice. However, like us, if you have several favorites, you might want to take this into consideration. *smile*

My plush toy was bought at Seattle's oldest toy store in downtown Seattle, the best, and I took it as a good sign that they only had one elephant (which Evgeni likes), so I purchased this FAB unusual elephant & then got him a customized shirt to wear over at the mall, so the elephant's shirt has both Evgeni & my name on it, as well as a heart, and a beautiful card I attached with it, thanking Evgeni for all the pleasure he has given me over the years. Also, I bought him a heartfelt gift from the exclusive jeweler I use for all gifts to loved ones, family, friends, et al. I had it perfectly wrapped to withstand the throw, lol. In hindsight, I realize I now have the third eye.

Good luck with your arm throwing, lol! Seriously, you will have a blast, a once-in-a-lifetime experience you will never ever forget!

ps: I honestly don't think it's a good idea to get autographs at the Olympic during the competition, in fact I saw no one even trying, but I would say after the competition is over would be a great time, as well as catching the skaters walking downtown, et al. :) Btw, cool fact: Vancouver's gorgeous huge amusement park - PlayLand - is located right next door to the coliseum, literally, a stone's throw away. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!