The curse of Torino Silver | Golden Skate

The curse of Torino Silver

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
It seems the silver medals won in Torino have cursed the skaters who won them.

Sasha = didn't even make the Olympic team
Zhang and Zhang = off the podium in fifth
Lambiel = BARELY off the podium by .5 point

Will Belbin and Agosto be able to break the curse of Torino silver and at least medal?

Audrey19

On the Ice
I don't think the judges will give them a medal, no matter how they skate. They just used the CDs to boost some skaters and to hold back others which is likely going to continue throughout the event, and Tanith and Ben don't seem to among the judges' favorites.
But of course, one can hope!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I really don't see them moving onto the podium. Thier OD has not been really accepted by the judges so far and Tessa/Scott, Meryl/Charlie have amazing freedances. They can only hope of Domina and Shabalin to faler, but with thier lead after the CD then that won't bring them down enough. sad. I said over and over than Tanith and Ben deserved the gold in 2006, and i still think so.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I don't think the judges will give them a medal, no matter how they skate. They just used the CDs to boost some skaters and to hold back others which is likely going to continue throughout the event, and Tanith and Ben don't seem to among the judges' favorites.
But of course, one can hope!

Wasn't Tanith and Ben placed relatively low in the CD at Torino? I would like for Tanith and Ben to win the gold, but I think the judges are going to give the gold to Tessa and Scott.

Sernando

Rinkside
interesting point, I've noticed too.
interesting how these sliver medalist couldn't take the advantage of the absence of the former golden medalist in other competitions and this, and come out on top.
don't think B/A will medal, sadly, they don't seem to be among the favorites of the judges.
I see dance podium stay the same, with order changing.