Johnny Be Robbed? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Johnny Be Robbed?

Bennett

Record Breaker
It's not that Johnny's programs were COP unfriendly. He maxed the combos and had no less transitions than Evan or Plushy. The segment where he lost points to was PCS, which I find undeserving.

silverling

Rinkside
was absolutely politicaly judges. IT WAS NOT A SPORT. IT WAS DIRTY SPORTS. THE GOLD MEDALIST WAS NOT THE SKATER WHO DESERVE TO HAVE GOLD AND THAT SCORE. JUDGES SHOULD NOT BE CALLED AS JUDGES. IT WAS JUST A COMEDY EVENTS. AND gold medalist does not deserve to be called as olympic men gold medalist. I hope this is the just case for men's event. I think pair's one was alright. eventhou the thing that scores rocketed a little was not really good. but pair medalist are deserve to be called gold medalist i guess maybe. so I hope this dirty game was just the case of men's event but overall... figure skating is dirty...wait.. it's not figure skating that is dirty it's the JUDGES at the men's event or ISU judges who is incredibly Dirty. This 2010 Olympic men figure skating event was just COMPLETELY disgusting. I will not forget this event and keep watching how it be covered and keep watching how time passes. It doesn't really matter to me to which way it goes. Figure skating is not my job. Whether it keeps dirting or not it really doesn't matter to me. but it will sad me. Thanks 2010 Olympic men's event for telling me clearly what is this sports is. more correctly.. who is the past figure skating gold medalists are. I'll have tiny respect to former Oly gold medalist especially USA gold medalists. I can now know why great and so respectful Kwan don't have Gold Oly medal. she does not need to feel sorry for it AT ALL cause it(oly gold) means nothing. I hope Yuna's event to be different and be true Gold medalist (I know there is little irony in it. but like Yuna said in her interveiw there might be no reason to sorry for if she don't win. But sadly the reality and how media cover and how people see it is different. and she has deserve skating so...............
On the night 2010 oly men's event, they killed figure skating. hehehehe. or if it's not... they lost love from me(I know it does not matter to world) and they lost one audience. (maybe a lot audience)
------------------
terribly sorry for my POOR English

Last edited:

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
i watched chan and johnny's oly performances again. People who say johnny was not underscored just watch it again. It was so obviouse who have to get better scores. I have seen every each competition of this season. I have seen how they are marked. I have seen lot's of last seasons competition too. I have seen every performances of men of this season(of course i have seen other season performances too) and saw how they are scored. I totally seen how this sports is scored before this olympic competition(game). This is not how they have been given scores absolutely. I have never ever seen these skatings( johnny's sp&lp skating and chan's sp&lp skating) scored this way. It was ridiculous. I have seen every skating of this season (men& women) and numerous competition and saw how they have ordered them. Johnny was hugely underscored. Scott hamilton said that too and elvis said that too and other nemerous people. Even sasha said that too. I'm not dumb. I know this sport cause i have seen it for a long time. And especially in this season i was like extensively studied and replayed how performances are scored. I did nothing but the analysing how performances are scored and ranked. I'm not idiot. Go and see johnny & chan oly skating again and also lambiel one. I came to realize that this not a sport. And it doesn't deserve to be in the olympics. I know most people outside skating fan thinks that figure skating is not a real sport. (i was not a heavy figure skating fan before 2009 july) it was real sport before this olympic competition. Because when i watched them the rank was quite fair. (i studied every thing how they are scored. I even read every document in isu, i studied extensive level. I looked at almost every video lecture and blogs & documents & video clips ..lot's of lots of things. So i came to know what is figure skating sport. Until this oly they didn't scored these 4 or 6 skating (what i mean is johnny&chan& lambiel's oly sp& lp skating) they didn't ranked like this. Just look at 2009 gpf competition and how they scored or nhk 2009 competition. How they scored. But this olympic men competiton was not a sport clearly. Scores was not a sports. Cause they scored them ridiculously. I just watched oly men fs video again. And it clearly was not a sports. They killed figure skating as a sports that night. No dispute. We are not dumb. Chan scoring more than johnny's fs skating with that fs skating? And now you still call it a sports? I thought it was sport but what people(peoples outside figure fans) say is right. They have seen how it scored through history. They(general people) have seen lot's of olympic figure skating game. And they(people in this whole world) saw how politically scored.they have seen it all. And it notorious that this is not a sports. People are not dumb. There is no one in this world who doesn't know that figure skating is not a sport. Just ask any guy in the street. And they know that figure skating is not deserve to be in olympic cause it is not scored correctly and it is not a sports. I thought it was sports before i watch 2010 olympic men event. And it was too much obvious that that game was not a sport. And the judging was political. It seems like almost every figure skaters already know it that figure skating is political sport. What i came to realize is that this sports is amazingly dirty sports. 2010 olympic men event was so disgusting. Poor althletes especially johnny. I don't care whether figure skating is removed from olympic or not. But in correct way, it should be removed. It does not deseve to be in the olympic. But i know that figure skating is the almost most popular event of winter olympic. And to make winter olympic more watch, in that regards figure skating will not be easy to be removed. But it disgust people and dirties winter olympic because figure skating is unbelievably dirty sports.(especially this one particular 2010 men figure event was hugly dirty and unfairly scored and scores was just so funny , scores were completly joke. And it casted away nemerous viewers and fans(including me). It disgusted nemerous watchers who thought it was sports and who love this sports. I dissapointed so much. I'm in tiny shock that not many articles or former figure skaters don't blame the 2010 men oly event, how it was crazily scored. I guess ny times and former figure legend , former figure skaters other main newpapers already clearly know that olympic men figure skating game is not a real game but a political joke.(which make me disgust when i see how evan is spotlighted and complimented. And become hero of usa or usa figure skatings another hero and could possilby put into hall of fame(?) and just being having the olympic title and making massive money for winning oly gold. Johnny is happy now(which is amazingly respecful) despite having ridiculous 6th rank in oly cause he knows that this whole figure thing is not a sports but a true joke. It does not deserve to be in oly. As a normal s.korean person who become extensive figure fan because of emergence of yuna and thus followed, watched, every figure skating competition and rewatched to study it. To understand what is this sports. And become extensive and die hard fan of figure skating from march 2009 when she become world champ( i was just viwers and audience of this sport around 2008 and become die hard figure sports fan from march 2009(i fell in love with this sports at around semtember 2009). The sports that i was viewers and fans was tennis, baseball, vollyball, olympics. I watched soccer and lot's of olympic games and numerous sports but i have never ever seen this kind of dirty sports. This is not a sports and the 2010 olympic figure skating gold medal is not true gold medal. It is just comedy medal. And it is sad cause yuna's skating is so breathtaking and so much gift to me and to mankind. I became die hard figure fan cause i saw something so beautiful when i watch her 2008 skates and especially 2009 world champ skate(it was something that i have never seen it my life. I thought i discovered sports that is so great and so beautiful and somthing have so much special quality in it . Something have so much beauty in it. Somthing that can abounden this world. So classy and good sprots that much more worth to watch. But now i can know clearly why this sports is not popular in usa and whole world. Why world don't watch this sports. Why whole people of this earth don't watch this sports. Why people have been mocked this sports. Why they have been said it does not deserve to be in olympic. Why this sports is dying. Why nobody sponsers this sports. I still respects yuna so much. I will keep reading her interview cause there is something that i can learn from her attitude and thoughts and also from her accomplishment . Maybe i will keep watching her skate. And mens skate too cause to see whether it keep being dirty sports. And also because maybe it still has somthing worth watchng. I thought i found best sports something that really fit to my style and taste. But it is not my favorite sports anymore. This year men gold medalist(lysacek) clearly does not deseve to be equally kudoed and respected as other olympic gold medalist. But i thank johnny cause thanks to him i could see numerouse beautiful and touching and valuble performance in the youtube and in else site. These were really incredible. Originality, creativity. Full of talent. It was clearly gifts to mankind. I am so thankful to yuna for her beautiful 2009 worlds skates and other numerous mesmerizing performance. And giving me so much dellight and joy. Make me cry. Same to johnny to giving me delight, beauty and joy (his skating, his love and war, his 2008 worlds sp avos?( i really liked that one) and also maksim skating and numerous mesmerizing performance. Worth reading qoutos. (i don't like i love u i hate u program) pure skating. Entertaining lady gaga skating. But not thanful to yuna kim for letting me find this disgusting lysacek guy. Thank you lysacek for giving me boring and hidious and disgusting skate and dumb interviews and disgusting view of you. Sad that i might keep reading and watching us media celebrating lysacek and keep watch whether americans and nbc and us figure skating think lysacek as better figure skater and think he is better person than johnny. It will be interesting eventhou i think it might be going in the way that is disgusting to read and watch all of that (how us media cover this olympic men event with complimenting lysacek. But i still have little hope and a little belief that they will know that weir is much more better figure skater, true olympic gold medalist and his olympic skatings was way much more better than hidious lysacek's one therefore it deserved a medal so obviously.(which breaks my heart when i think of johnny just as a figure skater) and also that lysacek is not half as good or talented as him and how much more money weir deserve to make than lysacek and all this titles. How much more love deserve to have than lysacek. How much hate lysacek deserve to have by all this speaks and attitude and love he gave to weir. It's a interesting stuff cause i have to see american stuff for my foreign language master accomplishment(i need mater of english language for my career. For me to make money. And make make living. And also for my brain and for my knowlege) and for to see how world is going. How world and english speaking people is defferent from us. How many good things and thinkings and attituldes they have that i can learn from. What world people are living. How different life outside s.korea people are living. To know whether we have somthing to develope to be a better country. To be better happy and justiful country. How different their culture is. How much more delightful music and culture, and human creative gifts that i can enjoy and and the captivation and the joyness. I mean all the great human's gifts.(invention, books, music, skating performances and so on) cause other than this figure skating topic what they cover and what us tv shows all the blogs have does not interest me. Even the usa movies does not interest me. So i have need to deal with , read and listen and watch english. And other than figure skating topic, other english articles and clips does not interest me. So i will keep caring figure skating for some time and watch figure skating words how they judge, and how they carrie article, how they go around and so on. But in conlusion, isu judges are dirty. 2010 olympic men event was clleary not sports. As well as other isu events (like gpf) cause i watched them live. I saw how they score. But again, in conlusion, 2010 olympic men

lol

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
He was definitely marked too low. Overall I would have ranked them all as:

1. Takahashi (1, 3)
2. Lysacek (2, 4)
3. Kozuka (6, 1)
4. Weir (5, 2)
5. Plushenko (3, 5)
6. Chan (8, 6)
7. Lambiel (7, 7)
8. Oda (4, 8)

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am not really sure why Johnny was under-marked.

His competitive records were not bad: He won Bronze at Worlds in 2007-2008 season and Bronze at GPF in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons.

He did miss the Worlds in 2009. I wonder that was the deciding factor.

Another factor that I could think of is that he has had reputation that he lacks transition and combos. But I didn't see much of these problems here.

His LP had a lot of poses. But these were meaningful for the interpretation of the music. It didn't necessarily slow down the program.

I also wonder if his pink corset costume affected due to phobia some people hold against femininity seen in men.

I just don't get it.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

1. Takahashi (1, 3)
2. Lysacek (2, 4)
3. Kozuka (6, 1)
4. Weir (5, 2)
5. Plushenko (3, 5)
6. Chan (8, 6)
7. Lambiel (7, 7)
8. Oda (4, 8)

That's a bit low for Oda? His SP and FS were baller except for the skate lace.

ks777

Record Breaker

1. Takahashi (1, 3)
2. Lysacek (2, 4)
3. Kozuka (6, 1)
4. Weir (5, 2)
5. Plushenko (3, 5)
6. Chan (8, 6)
7. Lambiel (7, 7)
8. Oda (4, 8)

I don't understand why the judges don't like Kozuka. IMO, he has the most beautiful skating skills. He fell on a triple axel but landed one triple axel and quad yet gets way lower score than Chan? I just don't understand.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't understand why the judges don't like Kozuka. IMO, he has the most beautiful skating skills. He fell on a triple axel but landed one triple axel and quad yet gets way lower score than Chan? I just don't understand.

Chan is more well known and got reputation scoring because he was 2nd at worlds AND because the olympics are in Canada, that's essentially the reasons why his scores were so high. Once Kozuka is better known his scores will go up, it just takes a while. It happens in the ladies too, Akiko and Mirai not getting as good scores as other ladies who they are clearly better than.

ks777

Record Breaker
Chan is more well known and got reputation scoring because he was 2nd at worlds AND because the olympics are in Canada, that's essentially the reasons why his scores were so high. Once Kozuka is better known his scores will go up, it just takes a while. It happens in the ladies too, Akiko and Mirai not getting as good scores as other ladies who they are clearly better than.

Kozuka was a jr world champion and he's been around for awhile. No I don't agree with you because didn't Kozuka win silver at GPF last season? How could he be an unknown skater? It's pretty obvious that he has great skating skills hearing the commentators around the world.. His spins are good and fast.. He has good transitions.. don't get it.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That's a bit low for Oda? His SP and FS were baller except for the skate lace.

His SP was the least interesting in terms of "the second mark" out of all the top Men. He gets 4th in that segment from me because of his gorgeous jumps.

In his LP he skated nervous and then had that huge mistake...nearly falling on the Loop and then completely stopping the program. It wasn't just a quick break, he was limping around for a bit before stopping and restarting.

Oda needs personality in his skating. The Chaplin program was well choreographed but he never delivered upon the quirky nature of it. He doesn't take risks with his movements.

yangjie

On the Ice

i agree with you.
I really dont understand why chan was over kozuka. chan is JUST TRANSITIONS.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Kozuka was a jr world champion and he's been around for awhile. No I don't agree with you because didn't Kozuka win silver at GPF last season? How could he be an unknown skater? It's pretty obvious that he has great skating skills hearing the commentators around the world.. His spins are good and fast.. He has good transitions.. don't get it.

Still, these things are weird. Mirai was US champion, JGPF champion, and two time Jr World medalist and she still has yet to get scores she deserves from international judges. Brezina has a lot of accomplishments too and is an absolutely beautiful skater IMO but finished 10th because he is young and not as well known yet. There are always exceptions to the young skater rule, ie Chan, but essentially, the judges can keep good, younger skaters down so as not to upset the older favorites from doing well even if the young kids are better.

The other thing, Kozuka is well known enough, but he is still pretty much considered the 3rd best Japanese skater, which hurts him like it hurts Akiko. As third best in Japan (and in some ways he's arguably the best guy in Japan), he's still one of the best in the world, but the judges have a stigma I feel like. The same thing happened for Johnny Weir, oh yeah, he's the third American. It's unfortunate but kind of true.

soogar

Record Breaker
Does it really matter how Johnny was marked? There isn't much of a difference between 4rth place and 6th place- still no medal. For me, it's kind of sad seeing Johnny skate. I'm glad that he skated clean in both segments and hope he will come out of this experience with happy memories.

It is unsatisfying because Johnny had the training and talent to have been the best in the world but lacked the temperament to ascend to that top spot.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Does it really matter how Johnny was marked? There isn't much of a difference between 4rth place and 6th place- still no medal. For me, it's kind of sad seeing Johnny skate. I'm glad that he skated clean in both segments and hope he will come out of this experience with happy memories.

It is unsatisfying because Johnny had the training and talent to have been the best in the world but lacked the temperament to ascend to that top spot.

I don't think it's necessarily Johnny's temperment that's the problem. Well-except in Torino when he partied too hard and missed the bus!

I think he suffers from a lack of stamina and a lack of presence on the ice. The three medalists projected to the crowd in a way that you couldn't take your eyes off of them. Johnny always seems sort of quiet and soft on the ice.

Also, he used to have a trademark ride-out. He was incredibly smoothe and beautiful to look at. I think he had to give up some of his distinctiveness to do the fast, masculine footwork, that, let's face it, is not his forte. He got as many points as he could get, I think he should have gotten more, but if the judges are looking for very strong, fast skating with incredible footwork this year, Johnny's not your man.

As for the two that stood between him and the podium? I can justify Lambiel being there, due to his spinning and his quad (imperfect as it was), but the allure of PChan is beyond me. I'm beginning to really dislike that boy, and I usually like all the figure skaters to some extent.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Such a good and necessary thread. Random thoughts. I would have had Johnny third or fourth. Actually I wish Dai had not attempted the quad, Kozuka and not fallen on the axel, Lambiel had had a better SP and jumped a bit better in the LP. Jeremy had skated clean (he would have won). Chan has beautiful basics but so does Kozuka. And the latter is a better jumper. Johnny had the complete package that night. Lambiel skated more like an exhibition as his LP went on. Plush was grossly overscored in the PCS dept. I would have had him in about tenth place on that count, behind Amodio. There was no there there.

layman

On the Ice
Johnny's scores left an ugly taste in my mouth concerning these games. I could not enjoy Lysacek's victory because of it.

I'm done. I have followed this sport for twenty years but it's biased and prejudiced and the judges pay no attention to what happens on the ice. Why bother having competitions if you have already made up your mind about the placements long before the competition even starts?

Johnny was the only reason I followed skating for the past ten years and now I am finished with figure skating. I have better things to do with my time.

Justafan

On the Ice
Johnny's scores left an ugly taste in my mouth concerning these games. I could not enjoy Lysacek's victory because of it.

I'm done. I have followed this sport for twenty years but it's biased and prejudiced and the judges pay no attention to what happens on the ice. Why bother having competitions if you have already made up your mind about the placements long before the competition even starts?

Johnny was the only reason I followed skating for the past ten years and now I am finished with figure skating. I have better things to do with my time.

I almost feel that way myself. And I think Johnny had great presense on the ice...he has a very large fan base who apparently thinks so as well. I think he was extremely fit and focused for these Olympics. It has definitely dampened my enthusiasm for the rest of the games. However, being a long time fan of skating I am sure I will regain my love for the sport when things have settled down. I almost wish Johnny wasn't skating in Worlds just because I know that even if all his elements are perfect the judges will still figure out some way to screw him over.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wonder about Worlds too. If he did so well in ours and everyone's eyes at the Olympics, how can he top it? Of course we want to see him skate again, as this may be his last year. I agree with layman that it seems that following skating is a waste of time. The judging is corrupt; there is no way around it. For further info on this, check Aunt Joyce's blog. The details are there. Yet Johnny knows about th is, and he continues to skate for the love of it. He is a gift to us and once he leaves, I think that will be it for me.

yangjie

On the Ice

it really matters.

5th place can show up in the ex.

i really want to see his ex.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Johnny said skating is very political and they didn't want 2 men from the same country on the podium

While I think he was a bit underscored, I don't think it was for this reason. Shen & Zhao are from the same country as Pang & Tong.