Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Who won the men's title according to TV commentators around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by MexFan View Post
    They compared them and said that their skating is similiar (I think they meant that both tend to concentrate on the techincal side of skating). One of the commentators, mentioned that both had problems with the entries to their jumps. However, they believed that Plushenko was technically superior and had greater presence, comand than Evan. But, in the end, they felt that it came to whom you prefer. They had been surprised that Plushenko lost, but could understand why Evan won
    I agree with almost everything that is discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by MexFan View Post
    I live in the U.S. but I am able to watch a channel from Mexico. A few days, after the competition, I watched a reshowing of the men's competition. They showed all the programs from the top men, but rearranged the programs so that Lysack and Plushenko's programs were back to back. The four commentators after seeing the two programs, still felt that Plushenko should have won. They compared them and said that their skating is similiar (I think they meant that both tend to concentrate on the techincal side of skating). One of the commentators, mentioned that both had problems with the entries to their jumps. However, they believed that Plushenko was technically superior and had greater presence, comand than Evan. But, in the end, they felt that it came to whom you prefer. They had been surprised that Plushenko lost, but could understand why Evan won
    It's an opinion which every red blooded American macho man would agree (there's nothing like the Quad). You mentioned the American commentators but you did not mention the judges. Was there a reason for that?

Rinkside
    ^ My guess would be because this thread is about what international commentataors said, not judges. Which I am also very interested in knowing. Here in US, Sandra and Scott thought it was close but implied that Plushenko didn't do enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    It's an opinion which every red blooded American macho man would agree (there's nothing like the Quad). You mentioned the American commentators but you did not mention the judges. Was there a reason for that?
    Didn't the poster say Mexico? The post didn't mention the quad, either.
    Last edited by Bennett; 02-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    My post was just a summary about what the Mexican commentators had said. The comment about the American commentators been biased was made by a fan texting his/her opinion to the program.

When they mentioned that Plushenko was technically superior they did not concentrate just on the quad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadiva View Post
    On the BBC, Robin Cousins, himself an Olympic mens champion as you're all not doubt quite aware, said it would be close but he had Plushenko just edging it.
    Cousins mentioned during Plushenko´s skate (after triple lutz and double toe) something like, "this is not the quality we are used to see from Plushenko. I´ll call it right now, I think Lysacek has got it". Besides mentioning "it will be close", he also mentioned about Evan´s win after the result was clear, "very well deserved, I don´t think even Plushenko would begrudge that"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Didn't the poster say Mexico? The post didn't mention the quad, either.
    I was joshing. I should have used an emoticon, but I thought my joke was obvious. What do I care about commentators. I deal with my own mind. The judges are always right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6