Ladies Practice Reports | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Icenetwork article: It likely Rachael won't do her triple-triple here, but waits until in Torino. Seriously. Doesn't she want even a shot at a medal??? What else does she have other than her triple-triple. Sigh. Well it's her Olympics to waste.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100220&content_id=8103980&vkey=ice_news

I think maybe Tom meant a second triple-triple, Rach normally does 3f-3t so maybe the 3lz-3t would be a second combination that she's working on but won't do here.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yu-na equals what Sasha could of been if she was more consistant and more driven.

:scratch: Are we even watching the same two skaters? Sasha doesn't have anywhere near the height or power that Yu-Na has in her jumps and nowhere near the speed that Yu-Na has across the ice and Yu-Na doesn't quite have Sasha's positions in spins and spirals. Yu-Na also emotes way better than Sasha does I think and Kim actually looks like she enjoys being on the ice and competing. They are very different in their strenghts and abilities I think.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:scratch: Are we even watching the same two skaters? Sasha doesn't have anywhere near the height or power that Yu-Na has in her jumps and nowhere near the speed that Yu-Na has across the ice and Yu-Na doesn't quite have Sasha's positions in spins and spirals. Yu-Na also emotes way better than Sasha does I think and Kim actually looks like she enjoys being on the ice and competing. They are very different in their strenghts and abilities I think.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Yuna is not like Sasha, and neither is Mirai for that matter. Sasha is not fast and has teeny tiny jumps which is the opposite of Mirai and especially Yuna.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Well, if you've created a thread about "Practice Reports", talk about actual practice reports. Don't use it as an excuse to go off topic into "issues" you have with certain skaters.

Oh don't be ridiculous. Where have I bashed other skaters in this thread?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Well, if you've created a thread about "Practice Reports", talk about actual practice reports. Don't use it as an excuse to go off topic into "issues" you have with certain skaters.

Again, she has. Look at her inital post. It has nothing to do with bashing other skaters. Her intention was to talk about practice reports, but I'm afraid I was the one who had the post that set the thread off course. Don't fault her for other posters, including myself, for dragging this thread off course.

miki88

Medalist
I heard Joannie had a solid practice. She landed a lot of jumps, but onlookers said she looked sad :no:

Johnnnn

On the Ice
haha , its funny.

i think that you seemed to think Mao is plushenko and yu-na is evan.

but i have to say that yu-na is not a all- around skater. everybody knows that mao's spin and steps are much better than yuna's.

i think that mao can beat yuna with successful 3As.
in addition, you should know that yu-na always made some miskates at the big competitions

You must be kidding lol Yuna has much better layback and sitspin positions and much faster. The only thing that Mao does better than Yuna is the biellmann position. Also, Mao lacks edge quality and skating skills compared to Yuna. Mao has a lot of turns and twizzles in her step but lacks speed and it takes her very long time to get to the other side of the rink. That is why her straight line step sequence is usually longer than others . Also, Yuna is proved to be stronger in big competitions than Mao.

miki88

Medalist
You must be kidding lol Yuna has much better layback and sitspin positions and much faster. The only thing that Mao does better than Yuna is the biellmann position. Also, Mao lacks edge quality and skating skills compared to Yuna. Mao has a lot of turns and twizzles in her step but lacks speed and it takes her very long time to get to the other side of the rink. That is why her straight line step sequence is usually longer than others . Also, Yuna is proved to be stronger in big competitions than Mao.

I agree Yuna has more speed and height in her jumps. But Mao has more flexibility and she has intricate steps. And I think her spins and spirals are more pretty to look at. Anyways they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

yangjie

On the Ice

I like yu-na's HIGH sit spin.

Trewyn

Medalist
I think maybe Tom meant a second triple-triple, Rach normally does 3f-3t so maybe the 3lz-3t would be a second combination that she's working on but won't do here.

Oh yes, that could make sense :). Rachael wants to have a Kimmie Meissner-moment in Torino, obviously, landing 2 triple-triple combinations and taking the title :).

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Rachael did 3lutz-3loop combo before. She did it again at the practice run at nationals this year.
The 2 3-3 combo would be 3F-3T, and 3L-3R.

Congrat to Rachael for getting accepted to Stanford. :agree: