Ladies Practice Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Michael plans to do the quad on Rarai because Rarai rooming with Johnny Weir. And after she lands it, she'll stick up her little finger!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mao Na Kim and Yun Asada are both terrible skaters who won't win the Olympic gold. Shut up about them. Now, how's about we have some practice reports on skaters who actually matter.

Well if it's anything like the men's event the results will be:

1.) Laura Lepisto (I'm tall and skinny, don't do the hardest jumps, but have "great" spins and artistry)
2.) Mao Asada (I do two 3a and that entitles me to WIN! Even though my programs lack serious choreography)
3.) Miki Ando (I skate with a lot of fire and have intense costumes)
4.) Carolina Kostner (my jumps are really shaky but the judges will ignore it and give me good scores anyways because i'm good looking and "elegant")
5.) Joannie Rochette (hometown bonus keeps me up this high despite mistakes)
6.) Rachael Flatt (two clean programs and gets shafted)
7.) Alena Leonova (i do the hard jumps but the judges don't score me as well as everyone else)
8.) Akiko Suzuki (so i'm clearly one of the best skaters here, but suffer from 3rd skater sydrome and get too low PCS)
9.) Yuna Kim (i'm the best skater here but the pressure did me in)
10.) Mirai Nagasu (i'm awesome but the judges are too stupid to see it and underscore me because i'm 16 and they can do that)

Sound about right?

watchvancouver

Match Penalty

1.) Laura Lepisto (I'm tall and skinny, don't do the hardest jumps, but have "great" spins and artistry)
?

I'm wondering whether even European fans are starting to get tired of Lepisto's 3t, 3s programs and her so-called 'skating skills and artistry'...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm wondering whether even European fans are starting to get tired of Lepisto's 3t, 3s programs and her so-called 'skating skills and artistry'...

I think her score will always be 100-105 regardless of what she lands....If she miraculously lands all 6 triples, she will get 130.

miki88

Medalist

2.) Mao Asada (I do two 3a and that entitles me to WIN! Even though my programs lack serious choreography)
4.) Carolina Kostner (my jumps are really shaky but the judges will ignore it and give me good scores anyways because i'm good looking and "elegant")
7.) Alena Leonova (i do the hard jumps but the judges don't score me as well as everyone else)
8.) Akiko Suzuki (so i'm clearly one of the best skaters here, but suffer from 3rd skater sydrome and get too low PCS)
10.) Mirai Nagasu (i'm awesome but the judges are too stupid to see it and underscore me because i'm 16 and they can do that)

Sound about right?

:laugh: I agree with Carolina Kostner and Joannie Rochette. But I think Rachel Flatt winning is more like Evan's situation. A skater who has average ability but works really hard, but boring to watch. I don't see why Mao should get hammered in PCS while Plushenko was not, because her programs are still better than his. I dunno what Plushenko was doing in the last few seconds of his LP. Seems like he was just posing for the judges. IMAO.

Last edited:

Iscariot

On the Ice
Well I think Mao's FS at 4CC was the best it can be, or almost, definitely the best she's done all season. Mao got a 126 while Yuna at TEB got a 133 without a triple flip. So even with two rotated 3a s Mao is outscored by Yuna with a completely skipped jump. I think it speaks to how lacking in choreography Mao's LP is this year.

Well i dont agree wwith that, Mao asada got 68+ points, even higher than Yuna's at Paris, the problem here is just that, and here i agree wth you, Asada's programs lacks soo much of coreo which is reflected on her PCS

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Sound about right?

ha ha. That's good.

I so agree about Racheal, Mirai, Kostner. I can't see anyway that Yu-na places off the podium, even if she fall apart. The judging has been fair so far,but she is well-trained, has great programs and sells the heck out of everything she does.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:laugh: I agree with Carolina Kostner and Joannie Rochette. But I think Rachel Flatt winning is more like Evan's situation. A skater who has average ability but works really hard, but boring to watch. I don't see why Mao should get hammered in PCS while Plushenko was not, because her programs are still better than his. I dunno what Plushenko was doing in the last few seconds of his LP. Seems like he was just posing for the judges. IMAO.

Yeah probably right, I should maybe replace Laura with Rachael and put Sarah Meier in place of Rachael, she's a nice skater who never really seems to get the best marks. Praying Carolina doesn't fair like Joubert and Verner here, I think she can keep it together though. And Mao won't get hammered in PCS, it's just that I don't think her depressing boring programs will win Olympic Gold.

miki88

Medalist
From the articles I've read, it's interesting to see how each of the top contender thinks about her chances for the gold.

Yuna takes the Michelle Kwan approach; says she's in great shape but doesn't talk about her chances.
Mao focuses on herself and determines to win (kind of reminds me of Tara).
Miki is well aware of her competition but agrees with her coach that the favorites don't always win in the end; remains the underdog similar to Shizuka.
Carolina also focuses on herself and wants to let her skating do the talk.
Rochette also aware of her competition but mentions that she has beaten all of these girls at one point.

Seems like all of these girls are confident about their chances and it's interesting how their replies show their different personalities.

screech

Final Flight
Wasn't this supposed to be a thread about what's going on in practice? God, why not bring Michelle Kwan talk into the mix to take it more off topic.

I for one would like to know how Miki, Joannie, Carolina and Cynthia are faring during their practices. I'd much rather hear about that than hear about Mao vs. Kim. Hasn't that been hashed to pieces yet?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
there doesn't seem to be much reporting on anyone's practice sessions so far other than stating that Akiko and Yu-Na were both at this morning's scheduled practice, that Yu-Na was landing her 3-3's; Flatt practicing back home; Mao and Miki missing the practice, arriving late; Mao adjusted her training schedule in Japan so she wouldn't have jetlag, etc. This is the most recent article posted that has anything to do with ladies skating: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-fea....html#japan+arrives+ready+challenge+kim+yu+na

silverlake22

Record Breaker
ha ha. That's good.

I so agree about Racheal, Mirai, Kostner. I can't see anyway that Yu-na places off the podium, even if she fall apart. The judging has been fair so far,but she is well-trained, has great programs and sells the heck out of everything she does.

I agree with you about Yuna I just didn't know where else to put her and think that Jeremy is amazing like she is. There were more contenders for the men so it didn't work perfectly, I was just trying to be funny :laugh: . I also didn't include a 16th and 19th place skater because I don't want to jinx any of them. Ah, can't wait til Tuesday! (sorry ice dance, you're just not as exciting)

M

mylastduchess

The only thing wrong with this post is that 4CC tends to overscore competitors, much more than events within the GP series.

I disagree, Mao's PCS is actually higher in TEB by 2 points! so Mao's PCS could actually be a lot higher

I don't know how the judges will do here but Plushenko and Evan's PCS was almost equal in the Free Skate... I predict the judges will seperate the top skaters PCS by 2-3 point difference even though Yu-na does have a superior program.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
... disregarding those big jumps, both Mao and Yu-Na are pretty evenly matched on PCS scores and the ability to earn +GOE's on other elements. It's quite different from the Mens competition in which Lyasek really milked CoP and Plushenko didn't. In Mao and Yu-Na's case, they both have programs designed to get every possible point available under CoP.

Don't know what you've been watching this season. Mao has not been anywhere near Kim on GOE, with or without 3axel. Even if she lands her axels, she is fighting to counter Yuna's COP with GOE but that's not a given. Which is the reason why she is hanging on to axels for her dear life. Because that's only her chance to match Yuna. It's far from certain that even with successful axels she can beat Yuna because Mao is not anywhere near on par with Kim on COP.