Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Practice Reports

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    You must be kidding lol Yuna has much better layback and sitspin positions and much faster. The only thing that Mao does better than Yuna is the biellmann position. Also, Mao lacks edge quality and skating skills compared to Yuna. Mao has a lot of turns and twizzles in her step but lacks speed and it takes her very long time to get to the other side of the rink. That is why her straight line step sequence is usually longer than others . Also, Yuna is proved to be stronger in big competitions than Mao.
    I agree Yuna has more speed and height in her jumps. But Mao has more flexibility and she has intricate steps. And I think her spins and spirals are more pretty to look at. Anyways they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

You must be kidding lol Yuna has much better layback and sitspin positions and much faster.
    I'll agree with you on the sit spin position, but Yu-na's foot in the layback? Dreadful.

Custom Title
    You must be kidding lol Yuna has much better layback and sitspin positions and much faster. The only thing that Mao does better than Yuna is the biellmann position. Also, Mao lacks edge quality and skating skills compared to Yuna. Mao has a lot of turns and twizzles in her step but lacks speed and it takes her very long time to get to the other side of the rink. That is why her straight line step sequence is usually longer than others . Also, Yuna is proved to be stronger in big competitions than Mao.
    I like yu-na's HIGH sit spin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think maybe Tom meant a second triple-triple, Rach normally does 3f-3t so maybe the 3lz-3t would be a second combination that she's working on but won't do here.
    Oh yes, that could make sense . Rachael wants to have a Kimmie Meissner-moment in Torino, obviously, landing 2 triple-triple combinations and taking the title .

Custom Title
    Rachael did 3lutz-3loop combo before. She did it again at the practice run at nationals this year.
    The 2 3-3 combo would be 3F-3T, and 3L-3R.

Congrat to Rachael for getting accepted to Stanford.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I have a feeling that it might be possible that the ladies event will not turn out the way we all think that it might. I have a feeling that there are many surprises in store....then again I could be totally wrong!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    I have a feeling that it might be possible that the ladies event will not turn out the way we all think that it might. I have a feeling that there are many surprises in store....then again I could be totally wrong!!
    I have the feeling everything will be exactly the way we think, with Yu Na on top. Just a hunch of mine. But I sort of hope there'll be *some* surprises. Some excitement please!

mylastduchess
    Mao's flexibility is probably the best out of the top skaters, her positions in her spins/spirals are very strong. what exactly do you mean by Mao lacking edge quality and skating skills? You have seen her skate right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Mao's flexibility is probably the best out of the top skaters, her positions in her spins/spirals are very strong. what exactly do you mean by Mao lacking edge quality and skating skills? You have seen her skate right?
    I think Mirai's flexibility is equal or better to that of Mao, have you seen her biellman? Mao is very flexible but apparently she often looses levels on her spins and spirals because she does not hold them long enough. Her edging isn't the best, she kinda drags her skates in crossovers, but if she does her spins and spirals and holds them long enough, they are beautiful and get good scores.

Custom Title
    other ladies news? caroK? alena & xsenia? akiko & miki? sarah?

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think Mirai's flexibility is equal or better to that of Mao, have you seen her biellman? Mao is very flexible but apparently she often looses levels on her spins and spirals because she does not hold them long enough. Her edging isn't the best, she kinda drags her skates in crossovers, but if she does her spins and spirals and holds them long enough, they are beautiful and get good scores.
    Yeah I agree Mirai does have the best flexibility on the field but I was comparing Mao to top medal favourites

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Yeah I agree Mirai does have the best flexibility on the field but I was comparing Mao to top medal favourites
    Oh, yeah, then you are right. Yuna's spirals are really good though even though the leg isn't in a full split...they move really fast. Joannie and Miki are known more for their jumps than flexibility, and Carolina's so long limbed that her spirals look really nice but again not a full split. Lepisto has nice spirals but the extension isn't the best.

I actually think Mirai has a decent chance for a medal IF she's doesn't get dinged for UR's. And of course the most flexible skater recently (though not at Vancouver) is Caroline Zhang, aka human pretzel.

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796HJ61oBww

Practice session from 1:42 of this video. It's mainly about Mao and her triple axel is looking better than ever!!

Custom Title
    Carolina Kostner: http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...013155/gallery

(there are also the other ladies...just check the link)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast