Ladies Practice Reports | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

bmelanie

On the Ice
I think Orser's intention is to let Yuna concentrate on the skating rather than the media frenzy (and god-knows it is a well-and-true frenzy...considering it's the first good rivalry in ladies' since Michelle and Irina). She and Orser agreed to hold a no-interview policy until at least after the SP. There was also an article written after the Grand Prix Final last year where she admitted that she was overwhelmed by all the pressure and felt depressed when, after she had won the silver, all the text messages she received were messages of consolation rather than congratulation :(

prettykeys

Medalist
I think Orser's intention is to let Yuna concentrate on the skating rather than the media frenzy (and god-knows it is a well-and-true frenzy...considering it's the first good rivalry in ladies' since Michelle and Irina). She and Orser agreed to hold a no-interview policy until at least after the SP. There was also an article written after the Grand Prix Final last year where she admitted that she was overwhelmed by all the pressure and felt depressed when, after she had won the silver, all the text messages she received were messages of consolation rather than congratulation :(
Poor, poor YuNa. So incapable of speaking to the press and meeting reporters head-on when Mao is able to freely speak her mind.

Oh, what's that? There's an article where YuNa is expressing her thoughts and feelings? Let's just ignore it and continue to believe YuNa hides behind Orser.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
It always bothers me that all of the comments in articles about Yu-Na, how she is skating, feeling, etc. come from Brian Orser, her coach... she holds interviews, etc., but her own comments never seem to make it to press. On the other hand, Mao's own words always get printed, rarely Tatiana's (her coach). I feel so bad for Joannie... this is absolutely the worst moment for her to have to skate. Even if she won the OGM, it would be bittersweet since the memory would always bring back her mother's memory as well. How devastating :(

Another thing to ask: has anyone seen Mao practice a 3F+3Lo OR 3F+3T in practice? I was watching a Japanese show commenting on Mao's skating (the LP in particular) at 4CC's, and they mentioned that she planned to have another triple in combination with her first 3F (they did not mention if it was supposed to be the 3T or 3Lo). Then on slow-motion replay, they noted "she couldn't do the second triple because of lack of speed coming out of the 3F." I was pretty surprised to hear this, since she hasn't attempted this combination all season or at Nationals (but has done it successfully in the past). Anything from her practice reports?

I don't like the way Tatiana coaches Mao. Earlier in the season when there was trouble in the Mao camp, Tatiana tried to distance herself from it all and just said that she was just a consultant. If Mao wins gold, which is a real possibility, you can bet your beans that Tarasova will be there to mop up all the credit. In regards to Kim not having much to say to the press these Olympics, she's only had a few words for the Korean press but she has spoken to them, contrary to what is believed. When she was leaving the rink actually, the Korean press stayed the hell away from her and remained silent lol, and when Brian came through, they mobbed him instead.

I've always wondered what happened to Mao's 3F-3Lo. I think the reason why she took it out was because her entrance to the flip was giving her trouble and she felt as if she could no longer pull it off. But when she did it at Worlds last year it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!. Why she chose a more risky 3A is beyond me really.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I've always wondered what happened to Mao's 3F-3Lo. I think the reason why she took it out was because her entrance to the flip was giving her trouble and she felt as if she could no longer pull it off. But when she did it at Worlds last year it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!. Why she chose a more risky 3A is beyond me really.

I think she took it out because 3f-3lo is really easy to UR and the panel is being strict about that now.

miki88

Medalist
I don't like the way Tatiana coaches Mao. Earlier in the season when there was trouble in the Mao camp, Tatiana tried to distance herself from it all and just said that she was just a consultant. If Mao wins gold, which is a real possibility, you can bet your beans that Tarasova will be there to mop up all the credit. In regards to Kim not having much to say to the press these Olympics, she's only had a few words for the Korean press but she has spoken to them, contrary to what is believed. When she was leaving the rink actually, the Korean press stayed the hell away from her and remained silent lol, and when Brian came through, they mobbed him instead.

She was having some problems with her flip early in the season. And Mao has a tendency to stick to her program all the way through without changes (no matter what others say). About adding another 3lo to her flip, I haven't heard any reports about it but if it were true, I think that would be TAT's idea because I heard that TAT is used to skaters like Yagudin who could add jumps at the last minute in their program but Mao isn't the type to do it because she needs to practice it beforehand.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
2008/09 too?? really? :disapp:
I thought both light/dark blue costumes for sp (clair de lune) were so pretty!

:p

I think you didn't understnd GiuliaPlum's question. The question was:

Am I the only one who dislike all Mao's 2008/09 and 09/10 costumes?

I said yes. I love all Mao's dresses from 2008/2009 and this season, the only one I don't like is the black and red one.

^^

chloepoco

Medalist
OK I just saw Mao practicing with her new costume. WHAT IS SHE WEARING??? Am I the only one who thinks her new costume is NO NO ??

I get the impression from reading your past posts that you wouldn't like anything Mao wears. Or does. Or says. But, back to your question, I actually think she looks quite nice in it.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
here is mirai's practice video if it hasn't already been posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZZ6Kpksab8

Yay, Mirai! She should definitely do the 3-3 if she can... she is still young and not expected to reach the podium. She should do all that she can and gain the confidence and experience for 2014, because the spotlights have a darn good chance of being on her then.

I wish she would change her costume though... it doesn't quite fit the music , lacks presence and seems a bit junior-ish compared to the other ladies. I wonder if that could even inadvertently affect her PCS scores.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yay, Mirai! She should definitely do the 3-3 if she can... she is still young and not expected to reach the podium. She should do all that she can and gain the confidence and experience for 2014, because the spotlights have a darn good chance of being on her then.

I wish she would change her costume though... it doesn't quite fit the music , lacks presence and seems a bit junior-ish compared to the other ladies. I wonder if that could even inadvertently affect her PCS scores.

is that really her new costume?? i figured it was just a practice one. lord, i hope she's not giving up her gorgeous red one.