Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Practice Reports

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I actually think Mirai has a decent chance for a medal IF she's doesn't get dinged for UR's. And of course the most flexible skater recently (though not at Vancouver) is Caroline Zhang, aka human pretzel.
    I certainly hope so! How I would love Mirai to win a medal

Custom Title
    Here are the three Japanese ladies, with the piece especially on Mao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796HJ61oBww

Her triple axels are looking good, but seem to be underrotated. Hopefully she can skate performances she will be proud of

Also, it seemed as if she's gone back to doing the triple axel right in front of the judges!

The bit on Joannie I feel so sorry. Brave girl to skate but she did seem really sad.
    Last edited by Marrymeyunakim; 02-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Medalist
    I do think mao's spins are better than Yu-Na's. They are more pretty.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ☆Genie View Post
    I do think mao's spins are better than Yu-Na's. They are more pretty.
    Yuna isn't known for her spins, though. She does enough to get level 4 and pretty good GOE but her high scores come from her great jumps with huge GOE and her PCS.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post

Her triple axels are looking good, but seem to be underrotated. Hopefully she can skate performances she will be proud of

Also, it seemed as if she's gone back to doing the triple axel right in front of the judges!

The bit on Joannie I feel so sorry. Brave girl to skate but she did seem really sad.
    Right in front of the judges? Won't that make her more nervous though.......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Right in front of the judges? Won't that make her more nervous though.......
    I think Mao can handle it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Mao's flexibility is probably the best out of the top skaters, her positions in her spins/spirals are very strong. what exactly do you mean by Mao lacking edge quality and skating skills? You have seen her skate right?
    You must realize that spins and spirals are not all about positions and flexibility. Mao's spiral position is very good but her ice coverage, speed, and edge use is not that impressive (she got Lv3 a lot). Also, her back position in her layback spin is just weird. With both hands on her head and her back tilted a little towards the side... she changed that position a little bit recently so that's good. It looks like she's flexible with her legs but not so much with her back. I am not a big fan of Yuna's free leg position in her layback spin either but at least her back position is perfect. Yuna's long legs probably throw her off balance if she raises them higher during the layback spin. Now, about the edge quality and skating skills, Mao is not bad but compared to Yuna, not so good. Mao can't do inna bauer (which requires strong edge control) and she doesn't use deep edges in her steps. It' just like Lysacek's skating skills and edge quality is not bad but not that great compared to Patrick Chan.

Custom Title

I think it is better idea to do her 3A away from the judges. I've seen judges standing up just to see if she fully rotated 3A or not.

If she's going for high GOE, judges should at least be able to see the jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    You must realize that spins and spirals are not all about positions and flexibility. Mao's spiral position is very good but her ice coverage, speed, and edge use is not that impressive (she got Lv3 a lot). Also, her back position in her layback spin is just weird. With both hands on her head and her back tilted a little towards the side... she changed that position a little bit recently so that's good. It looks like she's flexible with her legs but not so much with her back. I am not a big fan of Yuna's free leg position in her layback spin either but at least her back position is perfect. Yuna's long legs probably throw her off balance if she raises them higher during the layback spin. Now, about the edge quality and skating skills, Mao is not bad but compared to Yuna, not so good. Mao can't do inna bauer (which requires strong edge control) and she doesn't use deep edges in her steps. It' just like Lysacek's skating skills and edge quality is not bad but not that great compared to Patrick Chan.
    Can't agree more

Mashimaro on Ice
    Is Patrick Chan's skating skills that great? I like his footworks but everything else looks pretty average to me. Mao's layback this season is kinda weird but she had a great position in one of her other laybacks where she puts her hands up in a circle motion. I think that's the standard position. The one she does now is called the sideway layback spin.
    Last edited by miki88; 02-22-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Is Patrick Chan's skating skills that great?
    I think so in terms of SKILLS although I prefer Lambiel. Chan has great skills but kinda lacks artistry. (choreography and artistry is a different thing. Chan's programs is full of choreography but it doesn't really feel artistic compared to Lambiel's)

Plus, his big mouth doesn't really help me forming positive image about him either lol

Custom Title
    I think so in terms of SKILLS although I prefer Lambiel. Chan has great skills but kinda lacks artistry. (choreography and artistry is a different thing. Chan's programs is full of choreography but it doesn't really feel artistic compared to Lambiel's)

Plus, his big mouth doesn't really help me forming positive image about him either lol
    Patrick said in an interview that he's a very bad dancer and feels uncomfortable dancing so I kind of see that in his skating, he doesn't emote to the music much or really feel his choreography. His basic skating and edging are excellent though.

Custom Title

Agree! I cant just imagine what Joannie is going through:(

Custom Title
    OK I just saw Mao practicing with her new costume. WHAT IS SHE WEARING??? Am I the only one who thinks her new costume is NO NO ??

OK I just saw Mao practicing with her new costume. WHAT IS SHE WEARING??? Am I the only one who thinks her new costume is NO NO ??
    Am I the only one who dislike all Mao's 2008/09 and 09/10 costumes? :(

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast