Ladies Practice Reports | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

silverlake22

Record Breaker
That is gorgeous! Although I prefer the one she used at Nationals.

:biggrin:

I can't wait to see some photos and videos from today's practices!

:bow:

Looks nice! Apparently Mirai, Yuna, Mao, Miki, and Joannie have all been practicing really well! Can't wait for tonight! Good luck everyone!

Go Mirai, Mao, Miki, Akiko, and Joannie! :love: :rock: :clap:

I can't help rooting for skaters other than Yu Na - they are ALL underdogs - but if she does win both programs, I just want her to do it with wonderful skates! Pretty sure that won't be a problem with her James Bond number. :p

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
This thread has gotten beyond ridiculous.

"Mao can't do an ina bauer!!! She has crap spinz coz she cant do Yuna's cam3l!!!!"

My God. Give it a rest. May all the girls skate well tonight.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
This thread has gotten beyond ridiculous.

"Mao can't do an ina bauer!!! She has crap spinz coz she cant do Yuna's cam3l!!!!"

My God. Give it a rest. May all the girls skate well tonight.

That was a page or two ago and I don't think bringing up the issue again now that things have moved back to the original topic is very helpful... just saying.

BOT Any sightings of Joannie today?

karenll

Rinkside
Thanks for the links! In the Today show video, she did a gorgeous triple loop in practice. I'd love to see her do it in competition sometime.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC just showed a very scary moment for Yu-Na Kim in practice this morning. She fell HARD on a triple flip and landed right on her hip and bumped into the boards and looked really shaken. I hope she is okay and can skate great tonight. She's a tough lady and should be able to shake that fall off. GO YU-NA!

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
NBC just showed a very scary moment for Yu-Na Kim in practice this morning. She fell HARD on a triple flip and landed right on her hip and bumped into the boards and looked really shaken. I hope she is okay and can skate great tonight. She's a tough lady and should be able to shake that fall off. GO YU-NA!

I really hope she'll be able to execute the jump tonight!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Okay, phew... although she fell on her triple flip and landed on her hip, she was smiling after that. :)

On the CBS coverage, a commentator shared that the night before the SP, Yu-na was "fussing around" with the 3F. Orser, when he sensed this, asked "How old were you when you landed your first 3F?" Yu-na replied "11-year-old." Orser then said, "So what's your problem?"

And we now know that his approach was successful :)

Artistry

On the Ice
Question.

Maybe I've asked this in another thread, but PLEASE - can anyone answer this:

Why do simple PRACTICE videos get taken down from youtube by IOC? The two links above are already removed. It's not like they're available at nbcolympics.com, so I'm not sure what the point is of blocking this content.
It's not official programs - just people practicing... so why?

It makes me really frustrated. I feel like being a figure skating fan sucks in these moments. Can anyone please explain why IOC takes these down, what can be done about (if anything), and if there is another source to view them?
Again, I understand the copyright thing w/actual programs, aired on other TV stations, but why do practice clips get taken down?

Thanks in advance for your answers!