Ladies Practice Reports | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I haven't been paying too much attention to cheats. My photo position is up in the rafters and it is a zoo in the photo areas so I am a bit distracted on the details. But I guess my vauge impression is no. I do not remeber a lot of cases where I thought there was a cheat that was not called. I have more of an impression that the judges have been more generous in general with GoEs, though not with PCs. I thought they would go wild with marks in teh nines this competition and that really has not been the case.

Did you get a chance to measure how high Mao 3A was? =). If you haven't, tonight is your last chance for the season.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
News from the practice:

- Yu-Na landed all her jumps clean, skated through most of the program but no spiral or sins. Left the rink earlier than most of the other girls and looked happy/satisfied.
- Mao landed her first triple axel beautifully, skated through the next one and did a shaky flip combination. Looked absolutely determined (I guess to spoil Kim's party). Tarasova seemed very happy.
- Miki seemed a bit nervous and it seems as if she's lost a bit of weight too. Did a sal sequence.

miki88

Medalist
News from the practice:

- Yu-Na landed all her jumps clean, skated through most of the program but no spiral or sins. Left the rink earlier than most of the other girls and looked happy/satisfied.
- Mao landed her first triple axel beautifully, skated through the next one and did a shaky flip combination. Looked absolutely determined (I guess to spoil Kim's party). Tarasova seemed very happy.
- Miki seemed a bit nervous and it seems as if she's lost a bit of weight too. Did a sal sequence.

Hehe. At least there is a possible spoiler. Can you imagine what the competition will be like if Mao were not here? All due respect to Miki and Joannie, but they won't have a chance of catching Yuna. It will be the most boring Olympics ever. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What? I won't see her at Worlds? That would be a shame.

It's good to know she is without sin!

She does do the sign of the cross before she skates. Don't know if that helps absolve her of any sins ;)

bmelanie

On the Ice
Yuna was christened last year, her christened name is Stella. While not a Christian myself, I have many friends who are and I'm glad that Yuna has found a source for strength.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I kinda have a feeling we are going to be in for a surprise tonight. Don't know what it will be but I just have a hunch, kind of like how I had a hunch that Mirai would make the Olympic team way back in November. Very excited for a great night of skating! Good luck ladies!

jovani2293

On the Ice
Japan's NHK channel (thank you Slingbox!) just showed this morning's practice live.

Rachael- No show.(Correction: it seems that NHK simply ignored her)
Miki- Skipped the first combo, did 3sal-2axel sequence, skipped most of the other jumps. Wearing yet another new costume.

Yuna- Nailed every single jump including 3lutz/3toe, 2axel/3toe and the 2nd 3lutz. Skated through most of the connecting moves. Looked calm and poised. Even 'practised' the smile as she bowed.

Mao - 3axel perfect, skipped what's planned to be the 2nd 3axel, 3flip/2lp, 3lp, 3flip/2lp/2lp, 3toe, eagle into (this move is back!) 2axel, skated through the step sequence. Looked ever so concentrated. Tarasova looking v. happy.

Joannie- Checked the overall program without the jumps.

Mirai- 2axel/3toe, 3flip slighly wild free leg, superb bielman, skated through, step sequence, superb combination spin, smile to finish.

I am so taking the afternoon off today :biggrin:

Which one?????

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Last edited:

gsrossano

Final Flight
It depends on what medal color she gets. You might show, she might not show. Who knows. So get those equipments ready and report back if it is 9.6 inches off the ice.

I will get on it.

I shot the 3A+2T in high speed. I have 0.65 to 0.7 seconds in the air for a height of 20.28- 23.52 inches. I will try and get both attempts tonight for you, cause I know you want to know the exact answer to at least two decimal places.

The takeoff was skidded by about 1/8 turn and the landing was about 3/8 short. Makes the jump roughly 4.6 rotations per second average in the air.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I will get on it.

I shot the 3A+2T in high speed. I have 0.65 to 0.7 seconds in the air for a height of 20.28- 23.52 inches. I will try and get both attempts tonight for you, cause I know you want to know the exact answer to at least two decimal places.

The takeoff was skidded by about 1/8 turn and the landing was about 3/8 short.

Thank you. That's a believable number. ;-).

gsrossano

Final Flight
And the double toe was about 0.4 in the air, 7.68 high. Under rotated on both the takeoff and the landing. Call it 1.5 rotations in the air for 0.4 seconds is 3.75 rotations per second ave.

I think that's the best costume I've ever seen on Miki. Well done Miki's mom.

Edit: Oh wait, I got a view of the frontal. Oh my, there's a lot of "faux" flesh shown. Still pretty good except for the thing hanging down the middle. :think:
Good God. The things they put on that girl.

Well - Go, Mirai! Go Miki and Mao! Go Joannie and Yu Na! Go Rachael and Ksenia and Elene and Alena and Min Jung and Tugba and Yan Liu!

MKFSfan

Medalist
How come skaters wear their competition outfits during practice? Always wondered if it was a superstitious thing or to be sure all is fitting well, or what. Love the colors of Miki's dress but way too much fake flesh.