Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 323

Thread: Ladies Practice Reports

  1. #91
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well if it's anything like the men's event the results will be:

    1.) Laura Lepisto (I'm tall and skinny, don't do the hardest jumps, but have "great" spins and artistry)
    2.) Mao Asada (I do two 3a and that entitles me to WIN! Even though my programs lack serious choreography)
    3.) Miki Ando (I skate with a lot of fire and have intense costumes)
    4.) Carolina Kostner (my jumps are really shaky but the judges will ignore it and give me good scores anyways because i'm good looking and "elegant")
    5.) Joannie Rochette (hometown bonus keeps me up this high despite mistakes)
    6.) Rachael Flatt (two clean programs and gets shafted)
    7.) Alena Leonova (i do the hard jumps but the judges don't score me as well as everyone else)
    8.) Akiko Suzuki (so i'm clearly one of the best skaters here, but suffer from 3rd skater sydrome and get too low PCS)
    9.) Yuna Kim (i'm the best skater here but the pressure did me in)
    10.) Mirai Nagasu (i'm awesome but the judges are too stupid to see it and underscore me because i'm 16 and they can do that)

    Sound about right?
    I agree with Carolina Kostner and Joannie Rochette. But I think Rachel Flatt winning is more like Evan's situation. A skater who has average ability but works really hard, but boring to watch. I don't see why Mao should get hammered in PCS while Plushenko was not, because her programs are still better than his. I dunno what Plushenko was doing in the last few seconds of his LP. Seems like he was just posing for the judges. IMAO.
    Last edited by miki88; 02-20-2010 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #92
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well I think Mao's FS at 4CC was the best it can be, or almost, definitely the best she's done all season. Mao got a 126 while Yuna at TEB got a 133 without a triple flip. So even with two rotated 3a s Mao is outscored by Yuna with a completely skipped jump. I think it speaks to how lacking in choreography Mao's LP is this year.
    Well i dont agree wwith that, Mao asada got 68+ points, even higher than Yuna's at Paris, the problem here is just that, and here i agree wth you, Asada's programs lacks soo much of coreo which is reflected on her PCS
    Last edited by Iscariot; 02-20-2010 at 11:55 PM.

  3. #93
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well if it's anything like the men's event the results will be:

    1.) Laura Lepisto (I'm tall and skinny, don't do the hardest jumps, but have "great" spins and artistry)
    2.) Mao Asada (I do two 3a and that entitles me to WIN! Even though my programs lack serious choreography)
    3.) Miki Ando (I skate with a lot of fire and have intense costumes)
    4.) Carolina Kostner (my jumps are really shaky but the judges will ignore it and give me good scores anyways because i'm good looking and "elegant")
    5.) Joannie Rochette (hometown bonus keeps me up this high despite mistakes)
    6.) Rachael Flatt (two clean programs and gets shafted)
    7.) Alena Leonova (i do the hard jumps but the judges don't score me as well as everyone else)
    8.) Akiko Suzuki (so i'm clearly one of the best skaters here, but suffer from 3rd skater sydrome and get too low PCS)
    9.) Yuna Kim (i'm the best skater here but the pressure did me in)
    10.) Mirai Nagasu (i'm awesome but the judges are too stupid to see it and underscore me because i'm 16 and they can do that)

    Sound about right?
    ha ha. That's good.

    I so agree about Racheal, Mirai, Kostner. I can't see anyway that Yu-na places off the podium, even if she fall apart. The judging has been fair so far,but she is well-trained, has great programs and sells the heck out of everything she does.

  4. #94
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I agree with Carolina Kostner and Joannie Rochette. But I think Rachel Flatt winning is more like Evan's situation. A skater who has average ability but works really hard, but boring to watch. I don't see why Mao should get hammered in PCS while Plushenko was not, because her programs are still better than his. I dunno what Plushenko was doing in the last few seconds of his LP. Seems like he was just posing for the judges. IMAO.
    Yeah probably right, I should maybe replace Laura with Rachael and put Sarah Meier in place of Rachael, she's a nice skater who never really seems to get the best marks. Praying Carolina doesn't fair like Joubert and Verner here, I think she can keep it together though. And Mao won't get hammered in PCS, it's just that I don't think her depressing boring programs will win Olympic Gold.

  5. #95
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    From the articles I've read, it's interesting to see how each of the top contender thinks about her chances for the gold.

    Yuna takes the Michelle Kwan approach; says she's in great shape but doesn't talk about her chances.
    Mao focuses on herself and determines to win (kind of reminds me of Tara).
    Miki is well aware of her competition but agrees with her coach that the favorites don't always win in the end; remains the underdog similar to Shizuka.
    Carolina also focuses on herself and wants to let her skating do the talk.
    Rochette also aware of her competition but mentions that she has beaten all of these girls at one point.

    Seems like all of these girls are confident about their chances and it's interesting how their replies show their different personalities.

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    675
    Wasn't this supposed to be a thread about what's going on in practice? God, why not bring Michelle Kwan talk into the mix to take it more off topic.

    I for one would like to know how Miki, Joannie, Carolina and Cynthia are faring during their practices. I'd much rather hear about that than hear about Mao vs. Kim. Hasn't that been hashed to pieces yet?

  7. #97
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    there doesn't seem to be much reporting on anyone's practice sessions so far other than stating that Akiko and Yu-Na were both at this morning's scheduled practice, that Yu-Na was landing her 3-3's; Flatt practicing back home; Mao and Miki missing the practice, arriving late; Mao adjusted her training schedule in Japan so she wouldn't have jetlag, etc. This is the most recent article posted that has anything to do with ladies skating: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-feat...enge+kim+yu+na

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    ha ha. That's good.

    I so agree about Racheal, Mirai, Kostner. I can't see anyway that Yu-na places off the podium, even if she fall apart. The judging has been fair so far,but she is well-trained, has great programs and sells the heck out of everything she does.
    I agree with you about Yuna I just didn't know where else to put her and think that Jeremy is amazing like she is. There were more contenders for the men so it didn't work perfectly, I was just trying to be funny . I also didn't include a 16th and 19th place skater because I don't want to jinx any of them. Ah, can't wait til Tuesday! (sorry ice dance, you're just not as exciting)

  9. #99
    mylastduchess
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post
    The only thing wrong with this post is that 4CC tends to overscore competitors, much more than events within the GP series.
    I disagree, Mao's PCS is actually higher in TEB by 2 points! so Mao's PCS could actually be a lot higher

    I don't know how the judges will do here but Plushenko and Evan's PCS was almost equal in the Free Skate... I predict the judges will seperate the top skaters PCS by 2-3 point difference even though Yu-na does have a superior program.
    Last edited by mylastduchess; 02-21-2010 at 01:50 AM.

  10. #100
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    ... disregarding those big jumps, both Mao and Yu-Na are pretty evenly matched on PCS scores and the ability to earn +GOE's on other elements. It's quite different from the Mens competition in which Lyasek really milked CoP and Plushenko didn't. In Mao and Yu-Na's case, they both have programs designed to get every possible point available under CoP.
    Don't know what you've been watching this season. Mao has not been anywhere near Kim on GOE, with or without 3axel. Even if she lands her axels, she is fighting to counter Yuna's COP with GOE but that's not a given. Which is the reason why she is hanging on to axels for her dear life. Because that's only her chance to match Yuna. It's far from certain that even with successful axels she can beat Yuna because Mao is not anywhere near on par with Kim on COP.

  11. #101
    mylastduchess
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Don't know what you've been watching this season. Mao has not been anywhere near Kim on GOE, with or without 3axel. Even if she lands her axels, she is fighting to counter Yuna's COP with GOE but that's not a given. Which is the reason why she is hanging on to axels for her dear life. Because that's only her chance to match Yuna. It's far from certain that even with successful axels she can beat Yuna because Mao is not anywhere near on par with Kim on COP.
    She beat her COP in Korea... she had 2 bad skates before that

  12. #102
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Your attitude is kind of robotic. Not everyone has to like Yu-Na, ok?

    --'

    Until the 2008/2009 season, Mao used to receive higher PCS than Yu-Na. Everybody knows it, except you. Mao's PCS at 4CC were a bit harsh and should've been higher.
    But 2009/09 season was so yesterday. This is 2010 Olympics, a long time in a competitive calendar. This is not about everyone liking Yuna. It's about comparing their recent performances. And the fact is each time out Mao got soundly beaten by Yuna.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    She beat her COP in Korea... she had 2 bad skates before that
    Another post going back to last season, and ignoring the fact that each time out Mao was creamed by Kim this season.

  14. #104
    Medalist ryoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Now back to the practice report, I just saw some clips from yuna's afternoon practice- 3lz-3t is back in great shape. she had a clean sp runthrough.
    her 3lz-3t http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...90&page=1&bbs=

    Does any body know how suzuki did this morning?

  15. #105
    mylastduchess
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Another post going back to last season, and ignoring the fact that each time out Mao was creamed by Kim this season.
    what are you talking about? 4cc was just a month ago, and why can't Mao beat Yu-na in Cop exactly she regularly gets bonuses for her spins/footwork/spirals etc.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •