Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Joubert - I'm a boy not a man.

Custom Title
    I'm sure Brian has gone through a lot of ups and downs, but that does not make it okay to say that North American skaters are gay and effeminate.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Brian, you're 25 and you should have already changed your attitude from a boy to a man. I hope you can do it now. I really like your LP and I want to see you skate it lights out at Worlds. Allez already, Brian!

Custom Title
    So Joubert's going to Worlds? I hope so, mainly because I want to see another head-to-head competition with him & The King, ala what happened at 2010 Europeans. That competition has been my favorite thus far, everybody doing a phenomenal job in the SP, which made a great set up for the FS. Just too bad Brian faltered. *sad* But it was great to see Stephane Lambiel come roaring back in the FS.

As I've always said from the very beginning, the very BEST competitions are when everyone skates their best, and you win! Thus, it was disheartening to see Brian falter at this Olympics. If he'd been on his game, he's the only one that could have seriously challenged The King, forcing him to do two quads if Brian had done two quads.

Here's me hoping to see a quadfest showdown between Brian & EP, each pushing the envelope, forcing the other to up the ante!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I'm sure Brian has gone through a lot of ups and downs, but that does not make it okay to say that North American skaters are gay and effeminate.
    Have I missed something? Where did you get this idea?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I'm really hoping that Brian and/or Tomas (preferrably both) pull a Miki Ando and come back next year super fit, confident, and competitive and do great at Worlds (and the competitions leading up to it), show the Olympic results were a fluke. You can do it guys!
    Me too. I am a fan and was quite disappointed about how he did at these Olympics. But I felt bad for him as well. I would love for him to come back with a new resolve to be his best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Have I missed something? Where did you get this idea?
    The articles have been posted on several of the threads here. Brian said in an interview before the Olympics that the new judging system favours the gay and effeminate skaters from Canada.

Custom Title
    My favorite quote about Brian Joubert comes from Elvis Stojko, whom said this about him (taken from this article btw http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...yhoo&type=lgns):

One thing Joubert needs to stop doing is showing how disappointed he is after a bad skate. Skating around circles with a down attitude after the performance still affects the energy of the judges. Head up, Joubert!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Well, I agree with almost all the posts here ...

I guess Brian made big mistakes but I still don't understand why Didier feels the need to drag him through the mud publicly like that. As if a complete meltdown at the Olympics isn't enough punishment for whatever it is Brian did that was so wrong. It is Brian's life and not Didier's

Maybe I just don't know figure skating politics ... Didier seems to be rushing to make sure everyone knows it wasn't his fault and I'm just all, "um, nobody was asking... you protest too much..."

Anyway, personally I would love for Joubert not to leave skating on this note and to keep going and have a great comeback. But he has to do what's best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I'm sorry for the Joubert-Fans here, but if he really had the opportunity to work with Orser and Browning and turned it down he just got what he deserved. What does he think? That he gets an Olympic medal without being determined to sacrifice some things in his private life? When I think what Dais had to go through in the last year, that Nobu and Miki left their home country without resentments, what a fight Stephane or Max Shabalin had with chronic injuries and constant pain, this just p* me complete off.

:sheesh:
    I simply don't believe Gailhaguet when he says he offered him the chance of working with Orser and Browning, didn't Browning quite publicly state that he didn't want to work with Brian and that caused much speculation about whether skate canada would allow it with Buttle being in contention, then BUttle retired but Chan was the new front runner, so i don't think it changed anything?

Anyway I wouldn't believe a word that come out of Gailhaguet's mouth - the man cannot be trusted.

Ant

Custom Title
    I think his parents are going through a divorce too. Poor Brian.

Custom Title
    My sympathies, maybe this is what he meant about having to deal with personal problems.

I honestly want to see Brian at Worlds ~ Brian, if you're reading, please attend ~ yeah, The King is my favorite, but I have always respected your athletic ability. You honestly are the only one that can match The King quad for quad for quad.

Here's hoping to see you there, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I simply don't believe Gailhaguet when he says he offered him the chance of working with Orser and Browning, didn't Browning quite publicly state that he didn't want to work with Brian and that caused much speculation about whether skate canada would allow it with Buttle being in contention, then BUttle retired but Chan was the new front runner, so i don't think it changed anything?

Anyway I wouldn't believe a word that come out of Gailhaguet's mouth - the man cannot be trusted.

Ant
    I can't speak about the past, but as far as *this* Season goes, He did want Brian to work w/Kurt. The problem was, the only period of time Brian had free to come over here also just happened to be the same time that Kurt got stuck w/Jury Duty. So it never really happened.

Don't know about the Orser part of Didier's statements, but the part about Kurt actually is right. Regarding Brian O possibly working w/Brian J, I'd think Orser had his hands full w/getting Yu Na ready for this year, as well as his other students he's coaching. He's got a pretty full plate these days, so wonder if he would have been able to work Joubert in there somewhere.

That's just me wondering. The stuff about Kurt came from various interviews and postings that have been shared at the Kurt Browning Mailing List that's affliated w/The Kurt Files website.

Concerning all the huff and puff about Gailhaguet, I recently read in French press that even Brian's Mom, Raymonde, supports him - she appreiciates his honesty. I've seen and read loads of intervies with him and generally when you see him speak it comes out better than when you read him.

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    according to the interview kurtfiles.com did, Kurt said he didn't have time to work with Brian on both programs, but that he was still interested in choreographing one program (as was Brian) Kurt moved his schedule around to have a week or two with Brian to work out a program and never heard back, only hearing later, through other channels, that Brian decided to use someone else. Apparently for all his talent Brian doesn't know how to pick up a phone.

Custom Title
    I think that Joubert has had way too many coach changes, my guess is that he is not easy to work with.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast