Retirements | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Retirements

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am very surprised to hear of Yukuri's retirement. She is young enough I, I feel to stay in for a few more seasons, but whatever makes her happy. So happy I wi see Akikko at Worlds!

Wicked

Final Flight
I'm glad Akiko gets this opportunity. She is my favorite Japanese woman and I'm happy to see her programs again this season. I hope Yukari is happy with her decision to retire and will go on to a great life.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Her retirement this season does not surprise me because she's already got a job offer many months ago, but I am sorry that she has been injured and couldn't make 4cc or Worlds. I suppose she'd have wanted to compete esp at worlds.

fairly4

Medalist
i am not going to say who should retire- because it is up to the skater-so far there have been a few surprises, not so for others.
they are skaters i would like to retire-but it isnt up to me but them.

AmEagle3313

Rinkside
Does anyone know about Kimmie Meissner? She was out this year because of injury, of course, but is there any chance she'll be competing again in the future?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Does anyone know about Kimmie Meissner? She was out this year because of injury, of course, but is there any chance she'll be competing again in the future?

Hasn't Kimmie been "out with an injury" for like two years now? I didn't even know she was skating anymore...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hasn't Kimmie been "out with an injury" for like two years now? I didn't even know she was skating anymore...

She has not skated competitvely in over 2 years. She is doing the occasional show but I think she still wants to come back. Everything just seemed to go wrong for her after she moved to Florida. Personally I am surprised she stayed.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

She has not skated competitvely in over 2 years. She is doing the occasional show but I think she still wants to come back. Everything just seemed to go wrong for her after she moved to Florida. Personally I am surprised she stayed.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Yeah me too. I haven't heard anything about Kimmie in such a long time. She had a really rough two seasons before she got injured. It's too bad, I really liked her athletic style of skating.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
There was an article posted on FSU (fsuniverse.net) forum awhile back about Kimmie wanting to return to skating. I didn't read the whole thing though, just saw the link.

R.D.

Record Breaker
She's deciding what she wants to do- sounds like she wants to continue to skate in some capacity though.

just wondering

On the Ice
I believe she is home from Florida and working toward a final comeback decision by early summer. Good Luck Kimmie!!! Would be fun to see you again!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow. Of ALL people I would have just automatically assumed that she was one of the retirees.

Fumie apparently loves the Sport but her time is running out. However, more than any other skater, she knows the ups and downs of competitions, the 6.0 system, the CoP system. She knows the difference between a lutz and a flip, she knows how to entertain. Fumie would make a great coach. Does she want that headache? I think she might and I hope so.

lavender

Record Breaker
I think Fumie just wants to skate..results can't matter in this case. However, I am surprised by this news.