Skate America 2005 | Golden Skate

Skate America 2005

Great news. Atlantic City is less than 3 hour drive from NYC, and it's a "little Las Vegas" but with a big beach, and much of Donald Trump's millions (or billions). It is also easily reached by public transportations.

Most likely the SA will be in Late September or Early October when the weather is still nice. The Miss America Finals will be around that time too.

As for the skating, I am hoping there aren't a lot of last minute cancellations.

It is the beginning of the journey to Torino (Turin). While it is basically a minor competition it does give the fan a view of some of the competitors beginning that journey. The 2006 Worlds will be, imo, anti climatic.

And thanks NYMKfan for the alert.

Joe

Last edited:

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I've never been to Atlantic City yet. May have to think about going especially for the skating. It sounds wonderful! :D

There S/He Is...

Mathman was 3nd runner-up to my 1st. I still say the winner had something going on with the judges:mad: BTW, Mathman's talent was a fire baton routine to Katcheturian's "Sabre Dance" (what else?). Mine was playing a medley of The Fugs greatest hits on the xylephone:p
RGirl

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
Goodness! How on earth did I miss that. :eek:
I wonder if it's on tape somewhere ... certainly would be something you would want to have in your video library! ;)

Mathman posed indiscreetly in a weird magazine and the crown was taken away from him, but the runner up didn't get as much publicity.

Let's all parade doen the boardwark in Golden Skate TShirts.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
[color=royal blue]That was the year I competed in the Toddler Division! I was actually First Runner Up, but about half way through the year, the winner was unable to fulfill her contractual obligations, so I was elevated to Miss Toddler America.[/color] :D :) :love:

kwanette

Final Flight
The dates are Oct. 27-30...I am pretty excited about this since I live about 4 miles from the arena.

Wow, the talent on this board! I watch the pageant every year...and some of you were definitely robbed...obviously, figure skating judges aren't the only ones who like vodka..