Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Will the Ladies figure skating be a repeat of 2006? Is Yu-Na really unbeatable?

On the Ice
    I don't think Yuna is going to have a huge lead going into the LP even if she skates well as in other competitions. It looks like the trend is to keep the contenders relatively close until the last phase. I just hope everyone skates their best and let the results fall where they may. Unfortunately for Mao, I have a hard time believing the judges are going to award those vampire music programs the gold. Plus they just don't highlight her strengths at all. She seems to have another poorly constructed Russian program that doesn't max out the COP ala Plushenko. Yuna looks focused in the practice clips. Mirai could be a dark horse for the podium. It's gonna be exciting in any case!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby1Dawg View Post
    I don't think Yuna is going to have a huge lead going into the LP even if she skates well as in other competitions. It looks like the trend is to keep the contenders relatively close until the last phase.
    I agree.

I don't think Yuna is going to have a huge lead going into the LP even if she skates well as in other competitions. It looks like the trend is to keep the contenders relatively close until the last phase.
    So much for fair judging in the COP-era...

Custom Title
    I don't think Yuna is going to have a huge lead going into the LP even if she skates well as in other competitions. It looks like the trend is to keep the contenders relatively close until the last phase. I just hope everyone skates their best and let the results fall where they may. Unfortunately for Mao, I have a hard time believing the judges are going to award those vampire music programs the gold. Plus they just don't highlight her strengths at all. She seems to have another poorly constructed Russian program that doesn't max out the COP ala Plushenko. Yuna looks focused in the practice clips. Mirai could be a dark horse for the podium. It's gonna be exciting in any case!
    Relatively close could still mean 6 or 7 points though. I don't really see anyone else getting above 70 points unless they do a 3-3, or in Mao's case a 3a-2t.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4