Ladies' SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

chiocciola

On the Ice
I think Mao is the most gifted layskater! I wish her the very best of luck!!! If it wasn't for age, she would have become Olychamp back in 2006...

chiocciola

On the Ice
I would say Mirai as well, but I rather see her top the podium in 2014 than this early), I will be a very happy camper.

2014 champ will be either Tuktamysheva or Sotnikova...

M

mylastduchess

Just out of curiority.. was Mao in 2006 strong enough to beat Sasha and Arakawa?

YES... she already beat them earlier that year, and it was easier to beat them at the Olympics when they both made mistakes. remember Mao had a consistent 3A, and a 3/3 back then and her flutz wasn't penalized. Actually Yu-na with her 3/3 could have probably medal as well

chiocciola

On the Ice
Just out of curiority.. was Mao in 2006 strong enough to beat Sasha and Arakawa?

I don't like Arakawa...nothing to be remembered... what's for Sasha, she was a good skater but fell very often...she did beat them back than and that makes me think why not!

aurora100

Final Flight
Oh my, why all this. I have enjoyed these olympic figure skating so far. Skaters are well prepared and they are skating their guts out. In pairs, in men and in dance. I want to see the same in ladies tomorrow. I'm sure there will be woos and uhs and some tears, especially for Joanne. Everyone of them deserve to have their best nights. I am lucky to be a fan, to sit and enjoy what they have to offer from years of training.

I am comforted by knowing that the judging has been fair relatively speaking, if not in scores, in ranking. And whoever puts their best two numbers will win the ladies. And so it should be and they will create their own memories and life lessons that will have them a life time. As much as I love watching skating this is just a sport, even if an olympic event. So everyone just chill out and enjoy the skating and try to stick to talking about skating.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
YES... she already beat them earlier that year, and it was easier to beat them at the Olympics when they both made mistakes. remember Mao had a consistent 3A, and a 3/3 back then and her flutz wasn't penalized. Actually Yu-na with her 3/3 could have probably medal as well

Mao won the GPF right before the Olympics as well as TEB... so had she been of age, she would have gone in as the favorite.

I don't think Yu-Na had a consistent 3-3 yet in the '05-'06 season... however, she did take the 2006 Junior Worlds title with Mao taking silver, but Mao made some very big errors and it was quite the half-hearted skate. It was really Yu-Na's victory over Mao at Junior Worlds (after all the hype about Mao being too young for the Olympics... Yu-Na wasn't included in that hype), that really brought Yu-Na to the attention of casual figure skating fans that don't look into Juniors, etc.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Oh my, why all this. .... Everyone of them deserve to have their best nights. I am lucky to be a fan, to sit and enjoy what they have to offer from years of training. ...So everyone just chill out and enjoy the skating and try to stick to talking about skating.

ITA, aurora100 !!

If possible let's read each other's posts in their best imaginable context and under best intention presumable....

A bit of tolerance goes a long way, I believe... no one is perfect in "personality", especially me.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Over 100 posts and 8 pages and the competition hasn't even started yet????

I guess this will definitely be a thread to skip :laugh:

Ant

Kinga

Medalist
Over 100 posts and 8 pages and the competition hasn't even started yet????

I guess this will definitely be a thread to skip :laugh:

Ant

Yeah, and 80% of this thread is bots fighting already...

Just when I was about to say that I love Miki's new SP dress, I saw that huge cross.. I mean, do you really have to have 1 meter-long cross if you skate to REquiem?? Doesn't this piece of music speak for itself?

I am very concerned about Joannie. I can see that her SP music might be a problem for her right now. I mean tango is neither a happy, soothing music, nor sad and emotional, which she could connect with better in such circumstances.. Such 'easy' tunes might be easier for her to convert to a tribute. Tango is very energetic and passionate, and such mood will be very difficult to pull off for Joannie at the moment... I am even wondering whether she may feel that her SP music is totally out of place right now.
Lets hope that she does well!!! I will keep my fingers crossed.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I lost some respect for you. What would you know about her personality? Do you know her personally? Do you even understand Korean? Don't judge people that you don't really know.

Why would you have respect for me in the first place?

:indiff:

I don't care what people think of my opinion. I just don't see the humbleness I used to see in her.

SXTN

Final Flight
I am very concerned about Joannie. I can see that her SP music might be a problem for her right now. I mean tango is neither a happy, soothing music, nor sad and emotional, which she could connect with better in such circumstances.. Such 'easy' tunes might be easier for her to convert to a tribute. Tango is very energetic and passionate, and such mood will be very difficult to pull off for Joannie at the moment... I am even wondering whether she may feel that her SP music is totally out of place right now.
Lets hope that she does well!!! I will keep my fingers crossed.

such extreme situations often enable people to get even stronger.. i don't think she doesn't even feel the pressure now.. she just wants it to be over.. and i think she could do pretty well here!! she will probably skate in trance not thinking about anything which can be an advantage.

i only hope she doesn't have a flawed skate and gets good marks for it... if this is the case i don't even want to imagine what people are going to post here after reading the first 8 pages of this thread...

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
such extreme situations often enable people to get even stronger.. i don't think she doesn't even feel the pressure now.. she just wants it to be over.. and i think she could do pretty well here!! she will probably skate in trance not thinking about anything which can be an advantage.

i only hope she doesn't have a flawed skate and gets good marks for it... if this is the case i don't even want to imagine what people are going to post here after reading the first 8 pages of this thread...

Joannie's situation can either make her do well or do bad. I definately hope this situation makes her stronger and that she has two strong skates.

Last edited:

newvie

Rinkside
Feb. 23, 4:30 PM PST...
it's GMT-8

So, it means it's gonna be a long~~ night for me.
1:30 am!! argh!!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Mao seems fine with her 3A, so is Yuna with her 3-3. I'm wondering if Miki goes for 3-3 in SP.

I liked Mao's pink dress better but this one is not bad. It's just that she always looks angelic in pink.

Re Miki's dress, I like the colors. She looks nice in strong colors like red, orange, and blue.

I wonder if Yuna also changes her dress.

Hope Joannie is okay.

Mirai - she's been pretty funny in interviews, sounds very relaxed and happy. I read her interview in a Japanese economic newspaper, citing her comments that she wants to do her best against grown-up skaters or something. But her Japanese is not perfect and she used the word, "Toshiyori (elderly)." (The paper was an economic paper and was classy enough to correct her misuse of word and put "elderly" into parentheses p;) Perhaps she meant "To-shi-u-e (older)" instead of "To-shi-yo-ri (elderly)"?)

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Last edited by a moderator:

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Mao seems fine with her 3A, so is Yuna with her 3-3. I'm wondering if Miki goes for 3-3 in SP.

I liked Mao's pink dress better but this one is not bad. It's just that she always looks angelic in pink.

Re Miki's dress, I like the colors. She looks nice in strong colors like red, orange, and blue.

I wonder if Yuna also changes her dress.

Hope Joannie is okay.

Mirai - she's been pretty funny in interviews, sounds very relaxed and happy. I read her interview in a Japanese economic newspaper, citing her comments that she wants to do her best against grown-up skaters or something. But her Japanese is not perfect and she used the word, "Toshiyori (elderly)." (The paper was an economic paper and was classy enough to correct her misuse of word and put "elderly" into parentheses p;) Perhaps she meant "To-shi-u-e (older)" instead of "To-shi-yo-ri (elderly)"?)

Toshiyori, you mean 年寄り instead of Toshiue 年上? Thanks, I'm Irish and learning Japanese for sometime for the exam. Thanks that really helps. I thought they meant the same!

Anyway back to the skating. I really like Mao's dress!! It's so classy and beautiful! It really suits the Masquarade waltz theme! Miki's dress is cool too but I think I prefer her old one, it's more meaningful to the music!! According to the news report, Mao skated her short program cleanly today at the practice! Yu-Na was reported to be AMAZING and I'm so excited for them!! Wow, I'm so excited right now, I can't sleep... Well, I should start sleeping around 6:00pm tonight so I can get up at 1:00AM since that's the time it starts here in Ireland... I can't miss school so yeah, I'm excited!!

GO MAO!! :love:GO MIKI! GO YU-NA!!:love: GO MIRAI!! GO CAROLINA! GO KIIRA!!:love:

Hoping for the best Olympics ever!! And I really want to see them skate cleanly, all the skaters!:agree:

Last edited: