Ladies' SP | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

Dark-Eyes

Rinkside
Mirai skates early, but Flatt is in there at the end.
Hoping they both skate clean and make the top 10.

usethis

Rinkside
I hope everyone gives clean performances. It'd be sad if the event comes down to Kim vs. Kim yet again. But thinking about it again, if everyone performs at their best it'll be Kim v. Kim anyway? Does anyone have a chance against Kim when Kim performs clean?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh noooo...! YuNa is after Mao!!! :cry:

Why is that bad? Even if Mao is clean Yuna shouldn't have anything to worry about. And if Mao isn't clean then Yuna should be even more confident.

I'm hoping Mirai's early placement doesn't hurt her chances of getting a good score. But in a way, it could be good because she will stand out more among her competitors.

nghtvsn

Rinkside
I only recognize 11 skaters by name.

I don't think start order matters much anymore since it's based on points.

Miki's position is unfortunate because of her fragile mind though.

prettykeys

Medalist
Why is that bad? Even if Mao is clean Yuna shouldn't have anything to worry about. And if Mao isn't clean then Yuna should be even more confident.
Mao is the most capable SP skater after YuNa, and it could make YuNa nervous to go after a potentially clean Mao, ratified 3A and all.

Sigh.

miki88

Medalist
Mao is the most capable SP skater after YuNa, and it could make YuNa nervous to go after a potentially clean Mao, ratified 3A and all.

Sigh.

Actually, I think Miki is in the best position. Mao and Yuna back to back is too nervewrecking. I'll be soooo nervous watching them!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow interesting draw! I do hope JoRo stays around and skate this for her late mother. I remember speed skater Dan Jansen competed hours after his sister's death back in 88.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yeah well, hasn't she skated after Mao before? Plus Yuna already has so much pressure on her, she might not even notice Mao.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Actually, I think Miki is in the best position. Mao and Yuna back to back is too nervewrecking. I'll be soooo nervous watching them!

She'll know if she needs the 3-3 based on how Mao, Yuna, and Joannie do. I agree its a good draw. Pimp spot.

Oh and idk what Joannie is going to do, but her mom just died, I feel so bad for her :cry:. Will she withdraw?

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
A part of me hopes JoRo performs "Hymne a 'lamour" as her LP now. I remember back in 06 when Sandra said the reason why JoRo chose that song is because that song gave her mom some solstice. Maybe performing that again will give her some comfort in this really tough time.

But I'm sure her tango and S&D programs will make mom proud.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Miki tends to draw herself dead last.

She skated dead last in the long when she won the world title, so I take "dead last" as very lucky for Miki !!

ryoko

Rinkside

Sigh.

What? are we talking about same mao? I think mao is the most capable LP skater, not SP. Yuna has skated before mao twice last year (4cc and teb, i believe?). we know what the results were. Yuna herself said she will be happy as long as she isn't the very last one to skate. I don't think this is bad at all.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

That will be VERY INTERESTING. Miki hasna great spot, i think she should be doing the 3/3 no
matter what the others do but in reality I think her decioson will be based heavily on what the others have posted. Racheal in the last group..wow