Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' SP

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Somehow Americans and Canadians always manage to skate close to last.
    Are you insinuating something?
    Seems like an odd comment to make.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Mao is the most capable SP skater after YuNa, and it could make YuNa nervous to go after a potentially clean Mao, ratified 3A and all.

Sigh.
    What? are we talking about same mao? I think mao is the most capable LP skater, not SP. Yuna has skated before mao twice last year (4cc and teb, i believe?). we know what the results were. Yuna herself said she will be happy as long as she isn't the very last one to skate. I don't think this is bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I hope Joannie can find the strength to skate well. She is very brave.
    ITA. I hope she performs skate of her life.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Actually, I think Miki is in the best position. Mao and Yuna back to back is too nervewrecking. I'll be soooo nervous watching them!
    That will be VERY INTERESTING. Miki hasna great spot, i think she should be doing the 3/3 no
    matter what the others do but in reality I think her decioson will be based heavily on what the others have posted. Racheal in the last group..wow

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I hope Joannie can find the strength to skate well. She is very brave.
    Agreed. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Here is a link to a brief article written after her practice this afternoon for those interested:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rts&id=7289769

Mashimaro on Ice
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...Bhk6TLcXMEuHnQ

Yuna seems happy with her draw number.

Custom Title
    Great draw for Rachael Flatt. Not so good for Mirai, but she is not a medal contender, so it's OK.

Yu na skates right after Mao. That should be interesting. I hope Mao skates clean and gets full credit for her 3A. Otherwise it may not be so interesting.

Skating last (Miki) can be a positive thing in the SP because she is not off the ice for very long after the warmup. In the LP it could affect a skater negatively.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Somehow Americans and Canadians always manage to skate close to last.
    I don't think the draw is rigged. Those are just randomly picked numbers and sometimes they come up great for some skaters and not so great for some others.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Great draw for Rachael Flatt. Not so good for Mirai, but she is not a medal contender, so it's OK.

Yu na skates right after Mao. That should be interesting. I hope Mao skates clean and gets full credit for her 3A. Otherwise it may not be so interesting.

Skating last (Miki) can be a positive thing in the SP because she is not off the ice for very long after the warmup. In the LP it could affect a skater negatively.
    Where it's a points-based system I think it should be ok. Mirai might suffer a little in the PCS department but we saw that with the young skaters in the men's competition too. If she skates well she should get a good score - apart from a few of the favorites in the men's competition the scoring seemed pretty fair. The other thing is that in comparison to the skaters in her group Mirai could really stand out which could be to her advantage in terms of scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    A part of me hopes JoRo performs "Hymne a 'lamour" as her LP now. I remember back in 06 when Sandra said the reason why JoRo chose that song is because that song gave her mom some solstice. Maybe performing that again will give her some comfort in this really tough time.

But I'm sure her tango and S&D programs will make mom proud.
    Maybe she'll do it in the gala - I believe all Canadian skaters get to skate in the gala, regardless of placement, because they're the host nation. It would be a nice tribute.

Can skaters switch their LP at the last minute like that?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Can skaters switch their LP at the last minute like that?
    Not last minute. Stephane Lambiel is known to debut a program in the middle or near the end of the season after having only worked on it for a month, but no, I don't see Joannie switching to her 2006 LP at the Olympics when she hasn't skated to that music in 4 years. She's trained all season to be the temptress Delilah. Changing the LP at the eleventh hour would only serve to unnerve her even more.

Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Maybe she'll do it in the gala - I believe all Canadian skaters get to skate in the gala, regardless of placement, because they're the host nation. It would be a nice tribute.
    Now THAT would be beautiful to see. I would definitely cry at that tribute. I suspect I'm going to be a wreck regardless, which is why I've already requested off from work tomorrow and Wednesday. Luckily, my non-work day falls on this Friday too. My heart is going to be with Joannie every step of the way. Regardless of what happens on the ice, I am so in awe and appreciative of her and wish her all the best! I hope she has the strength to believe she can do this for herself and for her mother looking down over her, loving and protecting her.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-22-2010 at 04:38 PM.

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    This is definitely an interesting order.... Miki skating last, Yu-Na as the sandwich meat between Mao and Akiko... and even the 3-3 girls Rachael and Carolina back to back. There will be plenty of waiting for Mirai too... if she skates clean, her SP marks will be the ones to beat by the time the other big names come out.

Custom Title
    Yeah things are really being set up for Rachael to Win a medal. She really has a great draw! By the time she skates the judges will know what marks to give her so she will be in the hunt for a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
    Yeah things are really being set up for Rachael to Win a medal. She really has a great draw! By the time she skates the judges will know what marks to give her so she will be in the hunt for a medal.
    I think Rachael will do better in the LP and pull up a few slots. I hope she and Mirai make the final group for the LP though!

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast