Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    It's not that.

--'

Before, I thought Yu-Na had a beautiful personality, but now, I find her a bit arrogant. This is just my opinion. Maybe she still does have a beautiful personality, maybe I just don't see it.
    I mean, I'm a big Yuna fan too - in terms of her skating and performance - but I don't KNOW she has a beautiful personality. She's done a good bit of charity work, though, and she's made sure to support figure skating in South Korea so that it won't just be a one-time wonder with her, which, as a figure skating fan, I very much appreciate. I really don't know what to think when it comes to other skaters interfering with Yuna, though I think it is unfair to pin her as having a bad personality because she voiced complaints.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Um.. I don't think Yuna's arrogant. Actually, I don't think I know anything about her real personality because we rarely get to hear directly from her about stuff. However, I do think Orser is a bit too competitive and comes off as a bit arrogant at times. I think the media likes to make things a bit heated than they actually are. They make titles like "Yuna is eyeing Mao" when it's actually Orser
    I think that people tend to miscontrue what skaters/their coaches are actually saying, and this is obviously influenced by the media. For example, Mao apparently stated that she was 80% sure of getting Gold, her triple-axel is great, etc. etc. Some people call this arrogance. I call it being confident of performing well at your upcoming Olympics. For the top skaters, why wouldn't you be confident in your ability to get onto the podium?

Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    I mean, I'm a big Yuna fan too - in terms of her skating and performance - but I don't KNOW she has a beautiful personality. She's done a good bit of charity work, though, and she's made sure to support figure skating in South Korea so that it won't just be a one-time wonder with her, which, as a figure skating fan, I very much appreciate. I really don't know what to think when it comes to other skaters interfering with Yuna, though I think it is unfair to pin her as having a bad personality because she voiced complaints.
    Me thinking she has a bad personality has nothing to do with her complaints. And I know she's done lot's of charity work. But I don't know, there's something about here that I don't like. I'm sorry if you guys disagree with me, but there's nothing I can do. And as I said, I love Yu-Na's skating and she's one of my favourites.

Custom Title
    I have to wonder where you're getting a read on Yuna's personality one way or the other. I have no read on her at all personally. She's pretty mysterious. I'm not up on the goings-on around here to know exactly what you did to earn the Yuna-bot assault but it seems best to just quit while you're ahead.

Custom Title
    Me thinking she has a bad personality has nothing to do with her complaints. And I know she's done lot's of charity work. But I don't know, there's something about here that I don't like. I'm sorry if you guys disagree with me, but there's nothing I can do. And as I said, I love Yu-Na's skating and she's one of my favourites.
    I'm not sure why you would dislike someone who hasn't really said anything controversial (that whole business with other skaters interrupting her etc. has been a major storm-in-a-teacup created mainly by other people, not Yuna herself), is a charitable person, states that she expects other top skaters to be 100% and ready, etc. without knowing her on a personal level. Oh well.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post
    I think that people tend to miscontrue what skaters/their coaches are actually saying, and this is obviously influenced by the media. For example, Mao apparently stated that she was 80% sure of getting Gold, her triple-axel is great, etc. etc. Some people call this arrogance. I call it being confident of performing well at your upcoming Olympics. For the top skaters, why wouldn't you be confident in your ability to get onto the podium?
    Actually, Mao didn't say she was "80% sure." She said something along the lines of her being "80% of the way to the Gold". It wasn't a probability statement, it was a Mao-Progress-Statement. 80% at the level she wanted to be at.

But of course, maybe Mao really is evil, after all. Just a couple days ago, she was "boasting" about winning, wasn't she?

Mmmmhmmm.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Actually, Mao didn't say she was "80% sure." She said something along the lines of her being "80% of the way to the Gold". It wasn't a probability statement, it was a Mao-Progress-Statement. 80% at the level she wanted to be at.

But of course, maybe Mao really is evil, after all. Just a couple days ago, she was "boasting" about winning, wasn't she?

Mmmmhmmm.
    Yes, evil, evil, evil Mao. How dare she express any form of confidence in regards to her form? Especially being 80% on the way to Gold! What a statement! Mayhaps she should do 3.6 triple axels then! Evil triple axels.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I guess it's not soooo far-fetched to think that these top skaters can all be a bit too proud and confident of their skills. I mean why wouldn't they if they are the best in the world? I know I would. Anyways the media needs a good catfight for the ladies after all the dogfight in the men. The men lash out with words while the ladies use their deadly stares

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I guess it's not soooo far-fetched to think that these top skaters can all be a bit too proud and confident of their skills. I mean why wouldn't they if they are the best in the world? I know I would. Anyways the media needs a good catfight for the ladies after all the dogfight in the men. The men lash out with words while the ladies use their deadly stares

Rinkside
    Since we're on the subject of Yuna...I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of Yuna's skating. From everything I've heard, I guess I'm the only one? I got into figure skating because of Kwan and Cohen, and comparatively speaking, Yuna's artistry doesn't really do it for me. She's a great jumper, and with CoP that's probably the most important thing, but when I saw her skate for the first time a year ago at Worlds, I wasn't that impressed by her artistry (a bit stiff to me). IMO her spirals are just average. The leg height is average, the leg's not turned out, there's no eye popping moves like the Charlotte spiral or Kwan's change of edge. Her layback spin also has no turnout. she doesn't do dramatic "flourishes" like Russian splits or falling leafs. I feel like her jumps are the only area where she truly excels over the competition...which makes her hard to beat, but not unbeatable, IMO.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by karenll View Post
    Since we're on the subject of Yuna...I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of Yuna's skating. From everything I've heard, I guess I'm the only one? I got into figure skating because of Kwan and Cohen, and comparatively speaking, Yuna's artistry doesn't really do it for me. She's a great jumper, and with CoP that's probably the most important thing, but when I saw her skate for the first time a year ago at Worlds, I wasn't that impressed by her artistry (a bit stiff to me). IMO her spirals are just average. The leg height is average, the leg's not turned out, there's no eye popping moves like the Charlotte spiral or Kwan's change of edge. Her layback spin also has no turnout. she doesn't do dramatic "flourishes" like Russian splits or falling leafs. I feel like her jumps are the only area where she truly excels over the competition...which makes her hard to beat, but not unbeatable, IMO.
    As far as artistry goes, no one beats Michelle or Oksana Baiul in that area. My honest opinion is that I feel Suzuki's performances are the most geniuine and engaging, but unfortunately, she's not rewarded for it.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karenll View Post
    That is a fair opinion. Not all people are inspired by or crazy about YuNa's skating, either.

But I'm not one of those people. She is no Sasha Cohen or Michelle Kwan. Being YuNa Kim is good enough for me!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Glass View Post
    It's sad that you don't see it.
    And it's sad I don't see it either in miki or mao, but only because I don't know them well.
    perhaps because of cultural differences and what they've been through?
    Yuna may not be smiling all the time like sweeite pie mao, but she described herself to be rather "boyish" and "funny."

I think it's silly to judge someone's personality when you don't truly know them. in that case what they have done sometimes tell us who they are. like yuna and her charitable works.
    the word that comes to my mind when I think of yuna is "grace."
    I was really moved by her when I read from the article in which yuna said she was heartbroken as she saw the pictures of children in Haiti.
    And she responded quickly by donating to UNICEF and saying that although it's not much she hopes that it will help suffering children in Haiti. If that's not beautiful, I don't know what is.

but i admit that sometimes she makes funny faces during interview- it is obvious to me that she pauses and "thinks" before she answers questions- just shows how considerate she is.
    "arrogant" is the last word I would describe her as.
    Mao does do charity work. There's a video about a handicapped little girl whose dream is to become a violinist and Mao skates to her playing "Over the Rainbow". It was really touching.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    As I said, when I first learned Elena interfered with Yu-Na, I thought it was a confirmed thing. And I do love Yu-Na's skating, but I don't love her personality that much.

I am sorry to agree. She seems to be very aware just how good she is (but to be fair, I think most people would get to be like that after a while of the Korean nation practically worshipping her name).

Custom Title
    Well she IS good so all the people who complain about her arrogance is probably just jealous or just don't like the fact that she is the best. I would call person like Plushenko arrogant (although he earned the status to be like that)

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast