Ladies' SP | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For all the worrying over a possibly strict technical panel, I thought this technical panel was very lax to many skaters on the jumps.

aurora100

Final Flight
:thumbsup:
So proud of all the LADIES TONIGHT!!!! I still remember cringing back when I read Philip Hersh's column where he complained that the ladies' was a splatfest blah blah blah... well look again Mr. Hersh, the top girls were clean as a whistle! XD This is truly the best SP I could have wished for, Yuna Mao Joannie CLEAN even after everything they've been through this season - Mao and her struggles with the 3A (way to pull through girl!!) and Joannie with her heartbreak.

Despite Rachael's tightness on the jumps, I thoroughly loved her; so BUBBLY. It was so great to see her truly enjoy herself on the ice and not get crushed by the pressure. And Yuna, way to nail that 3F after the nasty fall today in practice. gaaah so happy :D :D :D

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Thanks. I kind of meant that Yu-na and Mao's score should be a little closer. I am fine that Yu-na won tonight. She deserves it. Both of them were great!! But right now, I m so happy with Rachael and Mirai's skating. I did not think they could skate well. Anyway it was a good event. Good luck everyone for LP!!

Justafan

On the Ice
I enjoyed Mao...I still get excited seeing a lady do the 3x in competition. Glad to see her make a good comeback.

Heartbroken for Joannie, but so happy to see her do well.

Yuna Kim...honestly I thought she would have been more around 76ish. She has some lovely elements though and she is refreshing to watch.

Miki...I really wanted her to do better than she did but not bad.

Mirai...Yay!...I think she is so cute and vibrant...great placement for a 1st time Olympian.

Rachael....I actually like that music...reminds me of quick step music in ballroom...I think it helped lighten the mood a bit and again not bad for a 1st time Olympian.

magicalwords

On the Ice
I didn't realize you have actual height measurements of jumps from a television. How do you do that?

I'll rewatch those two performances to see these transition elements going into and out of all three jump passes.

Yes, please rewatch and then if you still think Mao had better jumping quality overall, complain about Kim getting high GOE.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I shouldn't never opened my mouth about hoping Joannie goes last. But hey she's still have a chance depending on the other 2 before her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I'm just thrilled they are both in top 6 ... they've always been medal longshots. I just really wanted them to have great skates and show the world who they are. And they did, pretty much.

I mean, I know it's strange and sad not to have a U.S. OGM favorite much less medal favorite but I've had plenty of time to get over that.

I guess it's been ok so far. It's probably more out of frustration with NBC's "coverage" though. And Kim was overscored IMHO...we'll have to see in the FS. Some of the other disciplines were closer after the SP and had a little more "drama" so to speak.

mayamae_55

Rinkside
TOP 10 in TES:
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 44.70
2. Mao Asada, JPN, 41.50
3. Joannie Rochette, CAN, 39.20
4. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 37.00
5. Rachael Flatt, USA, 36.80
6. Ksenia Makarova, RUS, 35.46
7. Elene Gedevanishvili, GEO, 35.80
8. Miki Ando, JPN, 34.80
9. Alena Leonova, RUS, 33.90
10. Carolina Kostner, ITA, 33.34

Top 10 PCS
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 33.80
2. Mao Asada, JPN, 32.28
3. Joannie Rochette, CDN, 32.16
4. Miki Ando, JPN, 29.96
5. Carolina Kostner, ITA, 29.68
6. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 28.48
7. Alena Leonova, RUS, 28.24
8. Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 27.92
9. Rachael Flatt, USA, 27.84
10 Mirai Nagasu, USA, 26.76
10. Julia Sebastyen, HUN, 26.76

Top 10 in +GOE
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 9.80
2. Joannie Rochette, CAN, 7.80
3. Mao Asada, JPN, 7.10
4. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 5.20
5. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 4.78
6. Cheltzie Lee, AUS, 2.82
7. Miki Ando, JPN, 2.70
7. Elene Gedevanishvili, GEO, 2.70
9. Ksenia Makarova, RUS, 2.56
10. Rachael Flatt, USA, 2.50

I just can't believe Alena getting that high PCS for her basics ... to my eyes, almost every one of her elements were carelessly executed and sloppy, the top junior skaters would have done better. How can she receiving higher points over Akiko's amazingly deep and fast/crisp footwork skills, Rachel's flow, Mirai's flexlibility and grace? Someone please tell me if I'm misssing anything...

7. Alena Leonova, RUS, 28.24
8. Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 27.92

Layfan

Record Breaker
LP is posted! Mirai got Pimp Spot!

Rachael
Miki
Yuna
Mao
Joannie
Mirai

I was right about Yuna before Mao. Joannie is next to last.

no! wow wonder how that will be for mirai... and she has to skate after Joannie. Well, if anyone can prepare her for that kind of thing it's Frank.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Mirai has to skate last but right after Joannie. The energy will be drained from the arena after Joannie.
Still, Mirai did well skating last at Natls

Moxie

On the Ice
I guess it's been ok so far. It's probably more out of frustration with NBC's "coverage" though. And Kim was overscored IMHO...we'll have to see in the FS. Some of the other disciplines were closer after the SP and had a little more "drama" so to speak.

Too bad "drama" has nothing to to do with fair scores.
I thought this was well scored, especially compared with the other disciplines so far.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Sad about Miki. I was thinking that she could get Silver or even Gold. She doesn't have that spark this season yet.

edge31

Rinkside
I saw judges standing up just to see her feet many times. UR is definitely reflected on GOE. Judges cannot see the tech's decision and have to decide if it's UR or not by themselves.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the update on the system. Of course the UR is reflected in the GOE - it was before the rule change. Interesting though. Much more leeway for the judges.... they may or may not reflect any problems.