Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy strikes Rochette

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I just read about this on the online news. How dreadful! Not only is Joannie young, but her mother was also. I hope everyone around Joannie shelters her this week, and that the media will not make anything tasteless and voyeuristic out of this.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    My heart goes out to Joannie and her family.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for starting this thread. I read about it earlier, but it was such a shock; I did not feel ready to post anything about it. I have been an admirer of Joannie ever since I saw the early version of her Firebird programme. She was so magnificent in it, and it had qualities I had never seen in a programme before. I liked Joannie even before that; she is such a fine athlete, and has such a genuinely sweet smile. I am so very sorry that she has to cope with this incredible loss, and at such a time as this. Perhaps it will help her to deal with her shock and sorrow, if she focuses on the skating; I hope so.

What can one say at a time like this? Joannie, may God be with you.

0 Not allowed!
    daylife.com has photos up, now, of her practice today. she looks okay all things considered.

Down With It

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    daylife.com has photos up, now, of her practice today. she looks okay all things considered.
    A direct link:

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...annie+rochette

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    She heard the news and then went on to a practice session??? Wow.. I'm so shocked. This is awful. She must be devestated. I didn't really have a favorite in the Ladies event, so now I hope Joannie can skate her heart out, skater for her mother and fulfill her dreams...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    She heard the news and then went on to a practice session??? Wow..
    what else can she do? sit in a room and allow herself to wallow is grief?

people all deal with things differently, I'm more like joannie - just get me out of that environment and let me continue on like normal, for sanity's sake.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze

0 Not allowed!
    I feel so terrible for Joannie.
    My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope everyone around Joannie shelters her this week, and that the media will not make anything tasteless and voyeuristic out of this.
    I hope so too.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Firstly my thoughts and prayers go out to Joannie and her family.

I find it rather crass and in poor taste that someone would stoop to posting photos of what was supposed to be a closed pratice session. According to CTV the media were actually not allowed in to the session. Lets all have some respect.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I really have no words...I'm close to joannie and her family...c'mon joannie! don't give up!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    She heard the news and then went on to a practice session??? Wow.. I'm so shocked.

Speaking from experience, the first few days after such sudden news, I was in a complete state of shock and basically on autopilot. Everyone reacts differently and it may take some time for things to completely sink in.

0 Not allowed!
    I saw a bit of Joannie's practice on the news this evening. She looked devastated and I wanted to cry for her. This is just so heartbreaking.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Wow...that's really sad...
    No matter how she skates, choosing to stay in the competition takes serious guts and you have to commend her for that.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Joannie and all her family. This is such a tragedy for them all. You know, Joannie knows that skating in the Olympics isn't just about her and that it is for her country also. She is a very brave person to continue because I am sure her heart is broken. My thoughts and hopes for a wonderful skate will be with her.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I saw a bit of Joannie's practice on the news this evening. She looked devastated and I wanted to cry for her. This is just so heartbreaking.
    That is so sad

I can't even imagine having to skate in the olympics after losing my mother. I can't even imagine going through the motions at a practice session. I am proud of her strength and her fight, I pray that she can skate her best ever and take home the gold for her mother.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast