Tragedy strikes Rochette | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Tragedy strikes Rochette

reaal1

Rinkside
just a few weeks ago I lost a friend who was like a second father to me and I couldnt even go work. joannie you are an amzing woman to continue on and no matter what place you finish Canada will support you. You are the true meaning on the games and I hope competing will bring you some healing. Rest in Peace Terese.

bladesoflori

Rinkside
This is so sad. And she was so young. If she decides to compete, I wish her the best. Keep the tissues close, it will be moving I'm sure.

yangjie

On the Ice
I really hope that her mother's death will not influence her performance.

Do the best and get the gold medal!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I really hope that her mother's death will not influence her performance.

Do the best and get the gold medal!!

I don't think she can help being influneced by tragety. Hopefuy it will be in a good way because she won't be thinking about nerves or expectations and medals and ans such and will just skate the way her mom wanted her to. I remeber Jeremy skated a almost perfect freeskate at thr GPF this year after one of his friends died, he said it helped him put things into perspective and bring more emotion to the performance.

meem

On the Ice
I don't know how she's going to be able to compete. Right now she must still be in shock. When my mother died unexpectedly, I could barely function for 2 days. Seeing her wipe her eyes while on the ice brought tears to my eyes.

lcd

Match Penalty
It is almost incomprehensible how she could possibly be out there moving forward. "Strong" is an underestimation. The world will be rooting for her every step this week.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yes, the whole skating world will be behind her no matter what. It's terrible. I don't know even what to say except my heart goes out to her.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear this. News like this dwarfs any controversy on the ice. I will pray for her family and hope that her love for mom holds her up if she does choose to skate....

So true. My thoughts and prayers go out to Joannie & her family.

Wicked

Final Flight
This is so unbearably sad. I hope she skates well. She looked so sad at practice yesterday.

Wicked

Final Flight
NBC said last night that Joannie was rooming with Tessa Virtue. After hearing the news, Tessa gave the room to Joannie and Joannie's dad is with her. It sounds like people are being as supportive as possible. Go compete, girl, and knock it out of the park!

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I am very sorry for what happened. It is really hard to believe and I can not imagine how hard it is for Joannie to be there. I admire her couragious decision to stay competing and I am sure her mom is watching her all the way.
whole skating community's sincere thoughs and prayers are with you.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Very sad! Probably the greatest moment of her life has turned into one of the worst. Sure hope she goes out and skates the heck out of her programs and wins a medal!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was so saddened to her this news. My sympathy and prayers to Joannie and her family.
Joannie's heart must be broken.

I'm speechless. May the Rochettes' courage and love, and God's grace, strengthen Joannie to meet this terrible challenge.