Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy strikes Rochette

Custom Title
    I saw the pictures of her at practice. She looks devastated and shell shocked. She has my admiration for showing up at all today. Hang in there Joannie. There are alot of love and prayers coming your way.
    Last edited by kyla2; 02-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.

So sorry to hear this. News like this dwarfs any controversy on the ice. I will pray for her family and hope that her love for mom holds her up if she does choose to skate....

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    She'll need all the support people can send. Anyone who's been through something like this knows that even when you can manage to keep your emotions under control, you're suddenly somehow disconnected from what's going on around you. It can take months to start to feel re-connected.

Still, Liz Manley made a very wise and true comment on CTV earlier- that it can be the best thing for the person to focus on something that is a constant, something stable in their lives..skating will certainly fit that description for Joannie.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Omg...

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rdad View Post
    I find it rather crass and in poor taste that someone would stoop to posting photos of what was supposed to be a closed pratice session. According to CTV the media were actually not allowed in to the session. Lets all have some respect.
    the photos I saw were taken by Reuters photographers. So obviously SOME media were allowed in (Reuters is based in Canada, right?)

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    I am very sorry for her loss. One is never 'old enough' to lose a parent and there is never a 'good time' for it but right now, when she is supposed to feel only joy and happiness ... life to put it plainly sometimes truly s..cks. I don't know whether she'll compete but if she does, may she rock the world.
    You are so right, I lost my mom just a couple of years ago and still think about her so much. I had to have surgery just a year before she died and the night before surgery I said to my mom....I need a mama hug...wow, she was able to rid my fears by her hug and what she said ...it's going to be ok, honey.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    the photos I saw were taken by Reuters photographers. So obviously SOME media were allowed in (Reuters is based in Canada, right?)
    Some of the photos are from the AP (Associated Press) as well.

Banned

God Bless you Joannie!

My favorite skater among the eligibles lost her mother today....I don't know how she will manage this skating business. My heart goes out to this beautiful, elegant and brave canadian champion. I was so hoping and still am she will make it to the podium. I prefer watching her to Yuna Kim. Good Luck joannie whatever you decide!

Custom Title
    Joannie for a dream come true gold medal! If not, a podium finish.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    This is terrible news. My heart goes out to Joannie. Such a good competitor and good person.

On the Ice
    just a few weeks ago I lost a friend who was like a second father to me and I couldnt even go work. joannie you are an amzing woman to continue on and no matter what place you finish Canada will support you. You are the true meaning on the games and I hope competing will bring you some healing. Rest in Peace Terese.

Rinkside
    This is so sad. And she was so young. If she decides to compete, I wish her the best. Keep the tissues close, it will be moving I'm sure.

Custom Title
    I really hope that her mother's death will not influence her performance.

Do the best and get the gold medal!!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    I really hope that her mother's death will not influence her performance.

Do the best and get the gold medal!!
    I don't think she can help being influneced by tragety. Hopefuy it will be in a good way because she won't be thinking about nerves or expectations and medals and ans such and will just skate the way her mom wanted her to. I remeber Jeremy skated a almost perfect freeskate at thr GPF this year after one of his friends died, he said it helped him put things into perspective and bring more emotion to the performance.

Custom Title
    NBC just showed a clip of Joannie's practice this afternoon, and she was obviously in tears.. so heartbreaking

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast