Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Questions raised over ice dance judging panel

  1. #31
    Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    765
    Well, guess D&S aren't being held up for gold. Bronze, on the other hand...

  2. #32
    Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Well, guess D&S aren't being held up for gold. Bronze, on the other hand...
    Definitely. What happened in the OD was outrageous. I hate those brazen and corrupt judges.
    DEAR ISU, GET RID OF ANONYMOUS JUDGING

  3. #33
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    The fact is that some people will only be pleased ^^ if there are no Russians anywhere in sight, and that has nothing to do with the skaters but with the ebil Ruskies idiocy that has been around for a very long time now.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    632
    So where are people who claimed this judging panel will favor Russians? LOL and we still not happy.
    Anyone who thinks that V/M are going to lose this is delusional. This result is fixed.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Yep, as I said from the beginning, the Canadians got it locked in the bag, so no need to cry or insinuate about the evil Russians, et al. They'll get their gold medal & hopefully shut up. But I know that's asking way too much (flashes back to 2002 Olympics).

    It's not enough that the Russians were off the podium in pairs, nor didn't win in mens, but now the North American media & fans will not be satisfied until all the Russians are completely gone or finish last.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    ps: and the truly funny thing is I don't give a **** about dance at all. Seriously, I wish it would go away, it's not a sport. And it doesn't hold a candle to real ballroom dancing, if that's what it's trying to emulate.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-22-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: fixing censored word.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yep, as I said from the beginning, the Canadians got it locked in the bag, so no need to cry or insinuate about the evil Russians, et al. They'll get their gold medal & hopefully shut up. But I know that's asking way too much (flashes back to 2002 Olympics).

    It's not enough that the Russians were off the podium in pairs, nor didn't win in mens, but now the North American media & fans will not be satisfied until all the Russians are completely gone or finish last.
    No one would complain about DomShabs' scoring if they skated well and deserved their scores. But their OD was not well skated in comparison even to DelShoes, yet they received only a point and a half less than Davis/White, who skated lights out.

    DomShabs were incredibly slow and they were on two feet most of the time, and far apart. I realize that is because Shabalin is unable to skate any other way, but that shouldn't give them a free pass to the podium. If a team from another country had skated the way DomShabs did, they'd be no higher than 6th or 7th place, certainly not 3rd.

    The FD panel is fairer than the OD and CD panels: AZE FRA GBR GER HUN ISR ITA JPN UKR. Let's hope for scoring that is commensurate with the performances.
    Last edited by chuckm; 02-22-2010 at 10:50 AM.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ps: and the truly funny thing is I don't give a **** about dance at all. Seriously, I wish it would go away, it's not a sport. And it doesn't hold a candle to real ballroom dancing, if that's what it's trying to emulate.
    Couldn't agree more. This discipline is a big dirty stain on this sport and drags it down. I hope for another scandal so it gets kicked out already.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-22-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: fixing quote

  9. #39
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    Anyone who thinks that V/M are going to lose this is delusional. This result is fixed.
    Yep, as I said from the beginning, the Canadians got it locked in the bag, so no need to cry or insinuate about the evil Russians, et al. They'll get their gold medal & hopefully shut up. But I know that's asking way too much (flashes back to 2002 Olympics).
    There's always one or two party poopers, isn't there?

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Well, chuck, thanks for the clarification because in all honesty I haven't watched dance nor do I intend to, and that's the truth. What little pleasure I got from watching it the last year or two at US Nationals has gone. I loved Samuelson & Bates and a few other couples, but now I don't care, I no longer seek to watch them or any dance couple, especially after what happened at 2009 Worlds. That killed whatever joy I got from it, as well as this past season. I didn't watch dance at US Nationals nor here at the Olympics, nor do I intend to. The only disciplines I have watched thus far are mens, that's it, no dance nor pairs, but I'm hoping to watch ladies, though it takes second place to mens IMHO.

    Congrats to whomever wins the medals, et al. I apologize if I have offended any dance fans, that wasn't my intention.

  11. #41
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,334
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The FD panel is fairer than the OD and CD panels: AZE FRA GBR GER HUN ISR ITA JPN UKR. Let's hope for scoring that is commensurate with the performances.
    Delobel and Schoenfelder skated great in the original dance. I hope Gailhaguet can get it together to get them on the podium.

  12. #42
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I don't believe there is any case for conspiracy, but from what the article assumes is that there is a gathering of the Russo clan from where ever they are who will vote in unisome. You have to believe if any of the 'Stans' are on the panel they will not be muslims but former Russians or their families sent to a stan for the service of the USSR. How much other States, e,g, Hungary, are still beholding to the USSR and therefore Russia is moot. There is no denying that the North Americans are not held in esteem in other countries. And for that reason, I do not believe V/M, D/W, and B/A have a chance for gold. It will be Russia's one chance for gold. The North Americans will get silver and bronze as a token of fairness.
    I hope I'm misunderstanding your post and you didn't mean to say that Hungary is a "Russo clan" country, but in case that's what you meant then as a Hungarian I'd find that quite offensive.
    And sorry but IMO terms like 'Russo clan' and "Stans' just show a total lack of respect for these countries.
    Maybe these kinds of prejudicial attitudes are a reason that "North Americans are not held in esteem in other countries" as you say.

  13. #43
    Whippet Good!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    No one would complain about DomShabs' scoring if they skated well and deserved their scores. But their OD was not well skated in comparison even to DelShoes, yet they received only a point and a half less than Davis/White, who skated lights out.
    What? Dom/Shab scored almost 4 points less than D/W. Dom/Shab got 62.84, and D/W got 67.08. D/W are almost 2 points ahead of Dom/Shab overall. I knew V/M were going to win before the games started. I'm not a V/M fan and thought that D/W should've won the OD, but I get why they are in first, although I think they did get a home country bump. Deservedly, V/M are in first and will win. I really don't see where the controversy is. Dom/Shab skated a fantastic CD, but their OD was just on on par with D/W and V/M. Del/Scho just were not there. They should've done Euros. The rust shows. They needed to perform in competition before the Olympics. B/A I'm just gutted about. :( I really wanted them to do well. I think they should've beaten Dom/Shab in the OD. I really hope they can pull up to bronze.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    There's always one or two party poopers, isn't there?
    It wouldn't be the internet without them.

  15. #45
    Whippet Good!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    674
    It wouldn't be a figure skating board without the ringing cries of "wuz robbed" and "fixed judging."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •