Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there.

Custom Title

Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there.

I just read from his twitter that he is about to take off for LA. So the Olympic champion doesn't show up at gala and just goes home? Too sad that I can't see him this weekend :(
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 02-21-2010 at 05:05 PM.

On the Ice

I really don't want to believe that. Not that I'd miss his skating but he is the gold medalist...

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    The gala is what, 6-7 days away? Plenty of time to fly back. He probably wants to get away from the media and relax at home until then. I hopes he would be in the stands for Mirai, but whatever he wants. Maybe he really wants to get that Aston Martin.

Custom Title
    I strongly hope so!

Custom Title
    maybe he wants to celebrate with family and friends for a few days? LA is not far to fly from Vancouver. Though somehow it would seem more "Olympian" to stick around for the duration, cheering on teammates and whatnot... -- but I sure ain't no olympian - who would i be to judge?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Maybe he just wants to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlvhlDAMfqw"]party in the USA[/URL].

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR2010022003913_2.html[/url]

here it says he is returning to LA to prepare for the gala

Tripping on the Podium
    Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!

he's probably doing the Media whirlwind in LA and then coming back. no surprise there. There are a lot of US athletes that are leaving after their events even if they medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymavy15 View Post
    [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/ar2010022003913_2.html[/url]

here it says he is returning to la to prepare for the gala
    yay~

Didn't Mirai come down for the Opening Ceremonies, fly back to LA and then come back to Vancouver? The two places are not really that far away, and the Gala isn't till the end of the week, I think. Evan is probably going down to do a few shows and will be back in plenty of time for the Gala and the Closing Ceremonies. I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!
    Really? We must be reading different accounts. Evan won. Get over it, already.

Are we still with the whole Evan vs. Plushy thing? GET OVER IT!!!

I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)

Custom Title
    You know, people who post nasty stuff just for the gratuitous fun of it, must have very sad, unrewarding lives. I am very happy for Evan, Evgeni, and Daisuke-all medalists.

Custom Title
    Skaters often go back and forth during the middle of the Olympics - especially if it's the same time zone. Ice time in Vancouver is probably very hard to come by. I can also imagine that Evan may want to put together something new and special for this particular gala. I can also imagine that he needs some sleep.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast